Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
Works great. goes to 12mn
I can confirm the QR2 light is solid. Way better then the qr light. No play no noise. I might later get the QR2 metal for my V2 hub but very solid. So unless it wears out the lights are solid.

Last edited:
Read a couple of comments on gt7 forum that ffb may have changed slightly during recent change.

Has anyone found need to tinker with wheel or in game settings since Thursday?

@Abarth_71

I'm going to play later on for first time since the update.

Last edited:
B80
Read a couple of comments on gt7 forum that ffb may have changed slightly during recent change.

@Abarth_71

Don't know if they changed anything, or if it is a placebo, but the ffb and car handling feels slightly better after the update.
Didn't change anything in settings as my current ones feel (even?) good(ier?).
(Using slightly modified Digit Gaming's settings. You can find them in his yt videos.)

This is for dd pros with the 8nm boost.

So i did something weird. I’ve been struggling with the wheel for months. Part of that was me breaking the qr base, 5 of the 6 bolts were floating and it had wedged/fused diagonally to the wheel. Didn’t know until qr2 as it still worked. Anyway, after a week of going deep down the tuning rabbit hole and still not happy i decided to do something weird…

I turned off all of the fanatec settings(ndp,nfn, nin, int), left for at 100 and the rest at 100. Went in game and set steering sensitivity to 4, max torque to 9, and ffb sensitivity to 10. This was for the 265mm f1v2(went 10/10 on my 330mm wheel)

..and i might love it. The weight of the car, bumps in the road(curbs) all of it makes sense. Specifically, irl i’ve put many cars into accidental ~ slides over the years and have a bit of a knack for recovering which wasn’t happening in game. Now it is..and while i know that the wheel is supposed to fault out at the higher ffb settings, nothing obvious has really happened yet, apart from a couple curbs feeling smooth, which might just be coding errors as things before and after the curb felt fine.

I know im way out in lala land with these settings, but with new wheels, and most importantly QR2, anytime i tried to dial it down and bring in the fanatec tuning options it felt as if it was deadening the information coming through the wheel.

Anyway, its easy to try out..ill be interested in what you all think. Fair warning. The wheel will get heavier and a bit aggressive but from the pick up trucks to my favorite gr3. 911 feel pretty good so 🤷

Don't know if they changed anything, or if it is a placebo, but the ffb and car handling feels slightly better after the update.
Didn't change anything in settings as my current ones feel (even?) good(ier?).
(Using slightly modified Digit Gaming's settings. You can find them in his yt videos.)
agree its been tweaked a bit, at least the tire behavior, maybe suspension. Race tires especially don’t feel so numb. No change to settings so far - its not major. Overall seems more refined to me, but not enough miles to be more specific

B80

@Abarth_71

I've tweaked them a little - now NDP12, INT7, FOR100 and increased in game torque to 7. Not because of the update TBH but I've got the QR2 now and want see how it is with more force.

I've tweaked them a little - now NDP12, INT7, FOR100 and increased in game torque to 7. Not because of the update TBH but I've got the QR2 now and want see how it is with more force.
Yea the QR2 is great. I took a chance on the QR2 Light wheel side for my CSL V2 hub and the WRC rim and its solid. o play o noise. I'll have try GT7 again.

Yea the QR2 is great. I took a chance on the QR2 Light wheel side for my CSL V2 hub and the WRC rim and its solid. o play o noise. I'll have try GT7 again.
I might get the Lite at some point just so I can use the GT wheel again if I buy the WRC game. Can't play that with the McLaren.
GT7 is still not great because of the horrible rubber band feel on cornering.

Last edited:
The GT DD Pro (8nm ready2race bundle) is apparently sold out but both the 5nm ready2race bundle and the -mandatory- 8nm base are still available? 🤔

Last edited:
Probably better off buying the base separately and adding wheel & pedals of choice anyway. The CSL pedals with load cell added are pretty decent but the GT wheel isn't the best.
I agree. If he's on Ps5 or pc I think the P1v2 is better. I just sold my Gt rim. I have the CSL Hub v2 with a clubsport 330 rim and have the WRC rim. PGodia10 I got a GT DD PRO 8mn boost on eBay for sale only 6 months old. Like new. $500. Only reason I'm selling it is it went in to Fanatec for repair and I was impatient and got a brand new one.

What's everyone's thought on the new Ps5 base coming out. I want it but to much money and I personally this the DD PRO is plenty of power for ps5/4. The QR2 light made a huge improvement to the the DD PRO base IMO. I would recommend anyone that wants to upgrade there DD PRO to QR2 if money is a issue the QR2 Light is solid. No play no noise like the QR had.

Ordered the GT DD Pro 8Nm bundle from the US site at 4am Pacific time, at 7am I got an email with the invoice and when I checked the site the status changed to “completely shipped” and at 2pm they emailed me the tracking numbers. Fedex picked up the package at 5pm. Wow that’s fast! I just hope I won’t have any problems with it because it’s being shipped to a parcel forwarder in the US who will ship it to me here in Asia so RMAs will be a hassle and expensive

What's everyone's thought on the new Ps5 base coming out. I want it but to much money and I personally this the DD PRO is plenty of power for ps5/4. The QR2 light made a huge improvement to the the DD PRO base IMO. I would recommend anyone that wants to upgrade there DD PRO to QR2 if money is a issue the QR2 Light is solid. No play no noise like the QR had.
For me it's not worth upgrading to the DD+ yet. FFB in GT7 is lacking so the only game I play with great FFB is ACC. I can't justify it just for that and 8Nm is enough for now with the right settings. AC2, Rennsport etc are coming in the future so I'll maybe reconsider when they've launched and also that FullForce is being implemented and is any good.
Definitely recommend the QR2 though.

Last edited:
For me it's not worth upgrading to the DD+ yet. FFB in GT7 is lacking so the only game I play with great FFB is ACC. I can't justify it just for that and 8Nm is enough for now with the right settings. AC2, Rennsport etc are coming in the future so I'll maybe reconsider when they've launched and also that FullForce is being implemented and is any good.
Agree, if you have a DDPro stick w it for now, we’re a ways yet to see what Fullforce brings to the driving. Also recall early days for DDPro - took a while to sort out production and driver issues. If you’re on a older base or new to Fanatec, then might make sense to get the DD+ if you’ve got the cash for a bit of future proofing

FFB in GT7 could be better but I find it pretty decent these days, and there are some minor improvements in the latest update IMO - so still lacking some yes, but sucking like it did early on, no.

Yea that's about were I'm at to. Was just curious what others thought. Plus to much money for me.

Agree, if you have a DDPro stick w it for now, we’re a ways yet to see what Fullforce brings to the driving. Also recall early days for DDPro - took a while to sort out production and driver issues. If you’re on a older base or new to Fanatec, then might make sense to get the DD+ if you’ve got the cash for a bit of future proofing

FFB in GT7 could be better but I find it pretty decent these days, and there are some minor improvements in the latest update IMO - so still lacking some yes, but sucking like it did early on, no.
Thanks for the input. Plus I don't have money to waste anyways. I'm not new to Fanatec. Buying since 911 GT2 in 2010 but just got my GT DD PRO Wheel in Feb 23. I thinking the 8mn is has plenty of power. As Abarth_71 said maybe down the road.

Its feels as if the 8mn dd pro is great with the smaller wheels…with motors in them. Ie. My 265mm f1v2 (ffb max torq:9//ffb sens: 9 all fanatec stuff off. Rest like for at 100) with motors has solid tire grip feel, good oscillation relative to grip etc. switching to my 330mm wheel though, without motor(because i think they have been discontinued) is a tough transition. It just feels so light and numb relative to grip regardless of settings so far. (9/9 in game with only int at 5). Makes me wonder if 8nm is only good enough for smaller wheels?

To that end. Has anyone experienced the dd pro 8nm faulting out when setting the in game stuff higher? Such as 9/9?

Also! I’d read over on the fanatec boards that steering sensitivity, when set to 4 in game represents a 1:1 ratio with the car’s steering column. Can anyone confirm this?

Its feels as if the 8mn dd pro is great with the smaller wheels…with motors in them. Ie. My 265mm f1v2 (ffb max torq:9//ffb sens: 9 all fanatec stuff off. Rest like for at 100) with motors has solid tire grip feel, good oscillation relative to grip etc. switching to my 330mm wheel though, without motor(because i think they have been discontinued) is a tough transition. It just feels so light and numb relative to grip regardless of settings so far. (9/9 in game with only int at 5). Makes me wonder if 8nm is only good enough for smaller wheels?

To that end. Has anyone experienced the dd pro 8nm faulting out when setting the in game stuff higher? Such as 9/9?

Also! I’d read over on the fanatec boards that steering sensitivity, when set to 4 in game represents a 1:1 ratio with the car’s steering column. Can anyone confirm this?
8mn. Weird I'm running a ClubSport Wheel Rim R330 with the new CSL Hub V2 and feels great to me. I have not had any problems like that myself faulting out on higher settings. GT7 at Force Feedback Max. Torque: 7 and Force Feedback Sensitivity: 10. The QR2 makes a big difference IMO. I'm running the light.

Last edited:

There's no way to see if it's clipping in GT7 which is unfortunate as it can cause wheels to overheat. With ACC you can at least see from the FFB meter on screen when it's clipping - on most tracks the max gain I can run is 70%, on Kyalami because a section of it is really bumpy I had to drop it to 57 to avoid clipping. So if GT7 operates in the same way running FFB max torque at high levels may well be causing it to happen.

There's debate if the controller steering sensitivity setting in GT7 actually works with wheels. It might so I leave mine on 5 anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks the wheel feels much better after the update to the game? I feel like there is just simply more feel. I didn't change a single setting (and mine are random from when I first set it up) but it feels a bunch more accurate to me. Maybe I hit a growth spurt... I dunno. Just asking to see what you guys think.

Am I the only one who thinks the wheel feels much better after the update to the game? I feel like there is just simply more feel. I didn't change a single setting (and mine are random from when I first set it up) but it feels a bunch more accurate to me. Maybe I hit a growth spurt... I dunno. Just asking to see what you guys think.
Nope. i agree noticeable improvement, mostly in the tires I think, but some in suspension and weight transfer. The race tires feel a bit more lively especially, not so numb. But yes more detailed overall

Latest Posts

Back