Fanatec is making me sad.

And today I sit down to drive for a while and find out that the thumbstick (the one used to adjust the wheel settings) is wearing out. "Down" only works about 1/2 the time now and only when pressed at an exact angle (slightly left and down). Soon I won't even be able to work around the broken non-saving-settings rubbish. This is stupid. I haven't even had this thing for a month. Fanatec had better replace this faulty nonsense.

Last edited:
This I don't agree with. It's great to see the CEO of a small company taking time out of his schedule to interact with his core customers.

What he SHOULDN'T be doing is having to look into support issues. That's what he pays his support people to do.

The fact that Thomas seems to have to do it somewhat regularly makes me question where exactly the problems are in Fanatec's company chain.

I'm really surprised nothing has been done yet about their customer service. I had a few problems with mine, and the only way they got fixed was by posting on GTplanet. I had a shifter break, and thomas had me email support. I had already emailed them several times, but when I emailed them with a link to his response on here it got fixed. I also had a few other minor problems that he had to get taken care of. There is no reason, with all of the wheels and products they sell, that he can't get his support issues fixed.

Fanatec is really lucky they have no competition with the multi console wheel, or they would be in trouble. I have dealt with logitech and they don't mess around. You make a phone call and they take care of it. I even sold my G25 to a friend and it broke on him about 6 months after he bought it from me. The wheel was probably about 2 1/2 years od when it broke. They sold him a new g27 for 125$ and told him to keep the G25. No receipt or anything. All he had to do was give them the serial number for it. I know logitech is a huge company and all, but Fanatec really needs to get this customer service on track. When you can't get a response about broken products because the CEO is out of town or whatever, then something needs to change.

Exactly. When the CEO goes onto a forum to fix someone's problem, that's great. When the CEO goes around constantly on public forums doing damage cleanup, month after month, that isn't a good thing at all. That's terrible. That's a disgrace.

I still hope I get some support for my issues, but this has all been highly revealing in regards to Fanatec.

1. The thrustmaster t500rs pedals comes with lots of options such as realistic brake mod or inverting them. The CSPs only come with this extra kit for a limited time but after that it goes back to $50.

2. CEO posting on the forums is awesome. I think this gives Fanatec an edge and I am baffled to hear bout these support issues. On one hand you have Darrin which can be reached at ISR forums and on the other there is Thomas which normally replies within a day at the most.

3. Turn10's CEO, Dan, gives me the impression he could give one fig about wheel owners. Dan has said it himself in presentations their primary audience is gamepad users. I pointed out my concerns many months ago in the CSR thread that I did not think Turn10 had wheel users at heart and this 900 deg thing sort of just proves that point. Anyway I hope they prove me wrong very quickly and fix that issue before I ge tmy brand new CSR-E wheel to test FM4 with

Anyways, OP, sad to hear bout your issues. Try coming over to ISR forums perhaps and contacting Darrin Gangi. He's support to be over support now. No need to deal with an obviously broken wheel. No point in venting here we cant help ya with a 100% busted wheel.

Once I saw Thomas say at virtualr that bout 5% of their wheels break within warranty (something to that effect). So I guess you are an unfortunate part of that 5%

No point in venting here we cant help ya with a 100% busted wheel.

Once I saw Thomas say at virtualr that bout 5% of their wheels break within warranty (something to that effect). So I guess you are an unfortunate part of that 5%

I think that the point of venting here for some of us who do it is to warn the public that all is not rosey at Fanatec, as some people had been reporting. There still seems to be a decent chance that your gear will arrive non-functional and you may wait extended periods of time to see anything done about it.

As I said in my original post about my lack of response (still no response, BTW. Despite Thomas himself supposedly looking into it.) part of what convinced me to spend $500+ on Fanatec gear was the reports in various fora which claimed that Fanatec had vastly improved their quality control and their customer service.

I'm not sure that great customer service for some and still horrid service for others is actually any improvement overall. Sure, it's great for a few people, but when you're still serving out terrible support randomly, something rotten in Germany.

If that 5% quote is accurate, that's just astounding. I can't imagine any company ever thinking that 5% faulty product is anywhere near acceptable. That simply floors me.

dougdoberman
If that 5% quote is accurate, that's just astounding. I can't imagine any company ever thinking that 5% faulty product is anywhere near acceptable. That simply floors me.

Really? Give those odds to people that bought first gen XBOX 360's......I'm sure 99% would have taken those numbers laughing with glee. And that's from a company that makes billions of dollars, has top level engineers and makes Fanatec look like a spec of dirt size wise.

100% busted wheel? But I use it every day for 2-6 hours to play rFactor and it works 95% of the time but it screws up and stops working for that critical 5% frequently and has to be restarted, then it forgets where it was afterwards. I doubt Fanatec will replace the wheel over that when I can't even get them to respond to a support email in the first place...

Pretty sure the rest of the problems are poor QC and design....

Last edited:
100% busted wheel? But I use it every day for 2-6 hours to play rFactor and it works 95% of the time but it screws up and stops working for that critical 5% frequently and has to be restarted, then it forgets where it was afterwards. I doubt Fanatec will replace the wheel over that when I can't even get them to respond to a support email in the first place...

Pretty sure the rest of the problems are poor QC and design....

Every product particulary from the first manufactured shipment can have QC or reliability issues. The product is covered by warrenty and only some wheels shipped had the memory save problem. These products do have a small fan that makes a higher pitched sound although the X360 issue has been rectified and will be sorted in an upcoming firmware.

You had absolutely no real need to "dog the products" and the "brand" on public forums in the way you did. Completely excessive and I can only assume if your email response was anything similar are you surprised your still waiting on a reply.

Maybe you would be happier spending $250 on this instead of the CSR wheel.

Im sure you will get a replacement just give them a bit of time, they very likely to be extremely busy at the moment.

Last edited:
Every product particulary from the first manufactured shipment can have QC or reliability issues. The product is covered by warrenty and only some wheels shipped had the memory save problem. These products do have a small fan that makes a higher pitched sound although the X360 issue has been rectified and will be sorted in an upcoming firmware.

You had absolutely no real need to "dog the products" and the "brand" on public forums in the way you did. Completely excessive and I can only assume if your email response was anything similar are you surprised your still waiting on a response.

Maybe you would be happier spending $250 on this instead of the CSR wheel.

I stand by everything I've said. I paid money for something and it did not come near meeting expectations. I have a right to both have an opinion and express it in public.

And you misspelled "warranty" and "particularly" on a forum where a spell checker is both built in and automatic. I'll say no more.

I've seen people on here with much worse problems and they weren't nearly as mad as you.
You ain't going to get anywhere with that attitude, stop beeing mad and offensive and wait for Fanatec to respond.
I'm pretty sure they will send you a replacement, just wait, that's all I can say.

I've seen people on here with much worse problems and they weren't nearly as mad as you.
You ain't going to get anywhere with that attitude, stop beeing mad and offensive and wait for Fanatec to respond.
I'm pretty sure they will send you a replacement, just wait, that's all I can say.

"Other people have it worse than you, so you shouldn't get mad."

Yeah. Ok.

I am waiting, I was not offensive, and I will not stop being angry about paying so much money for something so poorly designed and constructed. Seriously, I got 2 PMs after I posted this thread both warning me to beware of the "Fanatec fanboys" on this forum but this is just ridiculous. Stop trying to belittle me and my issues with this product. It won't work.

"Other people have it worse than you, so you shouldn't get mad."

Yeah. Ok.

I am waiting, I was not offensive, and I will not stop being angry about paying so much money for something so poorly designed and constructed. Seriously, I got 2 PMs after I posted this thread both warning me to beware of the "Fanatec fanboys" on this forum but this is just ridiculous. Stop trying to belittle me and my issues with this product. It won't work.

Ok, I may have not put the right words into my previous post so let me rephrase myself.
I know how you feel, you dashed out a big ammount of money and you got a broken product but all I can say is - mistakes happen, you have 2 options: go on with "why me, stupid company" etc or be patient and wait for Fanatec to fix the problem for you (or you can do both things).
Again, I know it's not fair but what can you do.

I hope your problem gets solved.

bigsilverhotdog
And you misspelled "warranty" and "particularly" on a forum where a spell checker is both built in and automatic. I'll say no more.

You do realize of course that if one is posting here via an iPhone or Android using the GTPlanet app there is no spell check function via the forum.

Nice weak attempt at trying to discredit Latte though. Quit while you're still behind.

bigsilverhotdog

If you don't want the "fanboys" to take pokes at you than stop being whiney about your issues. Seriously........I sympathize that you're having problems with your gear and hope Fanatec does right by you but some of your comments and critiques are laughable at best.

The wheel is pretty much the opposite though, with extremely cheap plastic everywhere and a couple of alcantara and metal bits thrown in to distract from how poorly constructed the wheel actually is, and to justify the ridiculous price.

So given all the large pics all over the internet that clearly show how the wheel is constructed using plastic, alacantra, rubber and with a seam you ordered it anyway.

The 250 dollar plastic steering wheel seriously bummed me out (as a 10-2 position driver), so I hand-wrapped the top plastic part of the wheel with gel grip tape. A great improvement, but it was stupid that I had to spend 10 more dollars to cover up those ugly plastic seams

Again.....even on a mobile device the material choices and seam are clearly visible. Hell there was even a video review on the net from InsideSimRacing the week the CSR became available that clearly touched on these construction points. I also find it really odd that someone who is a 10-2 driver would choose the CSR when the steering wheel ergo choices are clearly aimed at the 9-3 crowd and then bitch about the design after buying it.

The OP purchased a product he is not happy with, why is it people believe they have the right to tell him what he can or can not say? Why is it people should tell him he should rather buy product X instead?

Lighten up people, it's his money and his voice!

The OP purchased a product he is not happy with, why is it people believe they have the right to tell him what he can or can not say? Why is it people should tell him he should rather buy product X instead?

Lighten up people, it's his money and his voice!

If anyone needs to lighten up it's him.

You see this type of reaction from people at times. Just because the product is faulty they decide to shout off and often criticise the product in anyway they can. Their is what is called a justified complaint and an unjustified reaction.

It shows poor character in the "OP" if anything and a lack of self discipline never mind the actions of a reasonable person. Customers can be quite often unreasonable whenever it suits them.

I hope he feels happy with his actions and I question what good it has done him? Most people on these forums know exactly the situation regards Fanatec and the general quality/performance of their products.

I have had my own fair share of bad luck with Fanatec products but they always have sorted me out, many others on here will share that same experience Im sure.

If anyone needs to lighten up it's him.

You see this type of reaction from people at times. Just because the product is faulty they decide to shout off and often criticise the product in anyway they can. Their is what is called a justified complaint and an unjustified reaction.

It shows poor character in the "OP" if anything and a lack of self discipline never mind the actions of a reasonable person. Customers can be quite often unreasonable whenever it suits them.

I hope he feels happy with his actions and I question what good it has done him? Most people on these forums know exactly the situation regards Fanatec and the general quality/performance of their products.

I have had my own fair share of bad luck with Fanatec products but they always have sorted me out, many others on here will share that same experience Im sure.

I would not be so quick to judge the character of an unsatisfied customer. In your own words you are not happy the OP "decide(d) to shout off" and "Their is what is called a justified complaint and an unjustified reaction:" (sic).

However you (and others) feel you are righteous in your opinion but the OP is wrong in his opinion regardless how he conveys it to the forum. If a forum is to succeed in a mature manner you should not argue with his opinion or tell him he "shows poor character " because you do not agree with him.

totally agree with Mr Latte, They have always come back to me within a week.

Sure it's disappointing when you shell out a lot of cash for something and it's not right. I was the same, Club sport pedals needed disassembly and lubing from new. Wheel failed to power up on my GT2. Noisy fan on my GT2 all got resolved within a couple of weeks.

Hope you get some resolution soon.

P.S. even with the Issues I've faced, I'd still recommend Fanatec Wheels (am I a fanboy!). In game I think they are very good wheels, and the customisation from the on board menu is very useful at times.

I would not be so quick to judge the character of an unsatisfied customer. In your own words you are not happy the OP "decide(d) to shout off" and "Their is what is called a justified complaint and an unjustified reaction:" (sic).

However you (and others) feel you are righteous in your opinion but the OP is wrong in his opinion regardless how he conveys it to the forum. If a forum is to succeed in a mature manner you should not argue with his opinion or tell him he "shows poor character " because you do not agree with him.

Oh just listen to yourself, their is no proof even this is all true.

I've posted my opinion on the matter, if you don't agree with me and Im not asking anyone to neither that is fine. His comments were unecessary and irrational. It was all rather imature but hey thats just my opinion.

I also pointed out if he thinks Fanatec is such poor quality he can by all means compare to the Madcatz at a similar price. Then he can see how good/bad the CSR really is.

Lets read his comment again...

The wheel is pretty much the opposite though, with extremely cheap plastic everywhere and a couple of alcantara and metal bits thrown in to distract from how poorly constructed the wheel actually is, and to justify the ridiculous price. I doubt the CSR will last for even 6 months of daily simming, and since I won't be able to afford a replacement this year, that makes me extremely sad, as I am heavily addicted to rFactor (the reason I bought this rubbish in the first place).

Im finished on the matter...

Last edited:

+1 always the same old tactic used by fanatec supporters. completely disregard the issue at hand and blame the OP like he is at fault. I feel for the OP, not only is his product faulty, he gets no customer service and to top it off he gets abused on forums

+1 always the same old tactic used by fanatec supporters. completely disregard the issue at hand and blame the OP like he is at fault. I feel for the OP, not only is his product faulty, he gets no customer service and to top it off he gets abused on forums

The faulty product or Fanatec having issues in the past with CS is not the issue. That is agreed.

What is not agreed is his excessive and rather brutal claims regards the highlighted above. If you think that is not excessive your entitled to your own opinion. Funny though how every major review of the Fanatec products and this CSR wheel always tend to fair rather well.

He obviously just wanted to attack the company back over his frustration and attitude on the matter.

I'd love to hear his comments on the T500RS and its extra price for "cheap plastic and rubber construction" wheel.

Last edited:
OP, sorry about your wheel. When I got a problem with my T500RS I also was a bit pissed. I mean, that's only natural. We can't help how we feel. But then I thought "Oh well, it happens." :)

And we can help what we choose to write. So I wrote an e-mail to TM support explaining my problem in a respectful tone and threw in a smiley and a "thanks" at the end. The response I got back was swift and helpful.

I don't know what you wrote in your email(s), but if you sounded angry I think you should try to write in a more pleasant and polite tone. I cannot guarantee swift reply but I'm pretty sure your odds will improve. Either way, a week is way too long response time, I agree.

The OP's entire original post is dubious to say the least. Anybody who posts something like that is either 12 or just plain has an agenda.

I've personally enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing all the different views. However, I thought topics like this were supposed to go into the Fanatec Customer Service thread. This way we have all the complaints nicely archived in one spot. That is normally where threads like this get moved into

Hi all, new here but figure I need to get my voice heard somewhere, since obviously Fanatec support doesn't hear it or respond to it.

For the record, when I contact Fanatec I get a response usually in a day, not longer than two days. I'm cordial and polite as anyone should be.

Back