• 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I call BS
Whatever. :rolleyes: I wasn't driving the mustang, because he doesn't trust anyone with his car. He was doing that speed for a little bit on our way back from Oneida, Utica this summer. All I drive a punk ass MR2 and turbo bricks.

I just hope your parents or whoever don't get a hold on that.

"Mommy, it was a Photoshop..."

Revheadnz
Doug, do both of your cars have a 127mph speed limiter or are those shots merely a coincidence?

It was coincidence. I've actually had the Volvo up to a dead-on 130, but I didn't photograph that run.

The Volvo had no limiter, except for its 4-speed automatic and H-rated tires. Various magazines claimed it topped out around 140. I wanted to check it out, and that night I had planned to hit 140, but I chickened out before I even got to 130.

According to the manual, the Audi is limited to 130. I had planned to test that limiter, but in reality the limiter is its gearing. Unbelievably the car upshifted at around 122, but once it got over 125 I could barely feel anything left. The tachometer said different as it wasn't maxed out, but any further speed was going to require a significant distance, and I didn't have that. I backed off as soon as the camera flashed.

that is still faster than i have ever gone M5. i tell you what, 120 or so still feels very fast. even in gran turismo.

-> On my current WRX wagon, 138 mph (governed). :P

-> Will post more soon...

I have went 138MPH in my uncle's 5.0 mustang

Been up to 120 in a 2003 Mach 1. With my aunt driving. (No lie)

Of course... On the way back down from Boyne Mountain... 140 in an Audi A6 3.2l.

And the chasing of ricers in a V6 F-150.

Whatever. :rolleyes: I wasn't driving the mustang, because he doesn't trust anyone with his car.

Question: What does "Fastest YOU've Ever Gone in YOUR Car?" actually mean?

that is still faster than i have ever gone M5. i tell you what, 120 or so still feels very fast. even in gran turismo.

Strong agreement. In Colorado the highways are straight so you just plant your foot and go. In Atlanta, they're not straight but they are wide, so you use the whole highway... and going over those lane line bumps at 120mph is a different experience altogether.

Question: What does "Fastest YOU've Ever Gone in YOUR Car?" actually mean?
I never really pushed my car to go that fast, it's chassis is so OLD and unridgid. I barely drive my car anyways since I rather drive something else. The only good things are it's looks, and it's engine, it's older than me and still doing pretty good with over 130k miles on the clock.

The most I remember doing was 110MPH in it though. It's a AW11 S/C with 165HP, I'm sure I can go faster if I tried, but I'm too scared that it would rattle itself apart. :ouch:

Trust sherrifs Daan and Andrew to come and restore order to the village.
he is right though, 800bhp+ 150mph is not good., well maybe for a challenger tank.

In my 93 Civic 4DR ive only got it up to roughly 100MPH the needle was just going over 160kph so converting it just gives 100mph this was on the motorway and couldnt go any faster as there were cars in front of me

And in no way am I a ricer its a stock D15 motor with a 5 speed manual

Got up to 105 in my dad's Saturn SC2. I could have probably gone faster but the road I was on wasn't long enough. I was able to get to a little over 100 in my mom's '99 Tahoe, but I believe I hit the governor. In my Jeep, the fastest I've gotten is 85 (going down a hill, it has the aerodynamics of a brick :ouch:)

Trust sherrifs Daan and Andrew to come and restore order to the village.
he is right though, 800bhp+ 150mph is not good., well maybe for a challenger tank.

Wth? Holden was saying how you'd need around 800bhp to trap at 150mph... not that 150mph from a car running 800bhp+ is bad.

Drifterboy, care to supply a drag slip or dyno slip for proof for us to see? Or as previously mentioned, pictures with a bit of paper with your name on and a loaf of bread :)

I almost hit 90 yesterday on the garden state parkway. I probably could of hit about 100 but too much traffic. Btw it was my dad's 04 Suzuki xl-7.

He was saying that to run 150 mph in the quarter-mile, it would require 800 hp (probably a little more power than most people here have...)

More than 140.

I pretty much maxed my tuned FTO when it was superlow and derestricted. It went well past 150 on the dial, I think touching 160 briefly. It was an amazingly calm experience, which I put down to the fact it was barely more than 4 inch off the floor at the time.

It's not the fastest I've been, but that was a very recent event, and it was nowhere near as calm, even though the car being driven was technically much more capable.

I'm looking forward to putting my 'new' '68 Mercury down the strip. It won't be 'fast' (gearing tops out at 115) but it'll get there like a scalded cat. My old '62 Corvette should be a rapid cruiser when finished with it's tall gearing theoretically letting it run to 175mph, but even with 400hp+ I expect it to be nervous at anything more than 120mph.

The strip?

Do you frequent Santa Pod too, Mark? Fairly near to Banbury isn't it?

151 at Road America in my Shelby. Was only in 5th gear too, if I had more room it could probably hit the '70s.

I was able to do 194 in a 95 indycar during an historic racing car event at Road America also but that was not a car I owned, it belonged to a rich CEO from Chicago

Do you frequent Santa Pod too, Mark? Fairly near to Banbury isn't it?

It's near Northampton, not too far. Avon raceway is also not too far in Stratford. When the Mercury has new Wilwood dsics on it under new wheels and some sticky rubber... yes, I'll be there. I tried to drag the FTO three times, and rain stopped play each time. Wild horses (nay, Mustangs) won't stop me running 'Cuddles/Freddie' at the Pod next year.

151 at Road America in my Shelby. Was only in 5th gear too, if I had more room it could probably hit the '70s.
GT racecars struggle to top 160 at Road America.
r8man
I was able to do 194 in a 95 indycar during an historic racing car event at Road America also but that was not a car I owned, it belonged to a rich CEO from Chicago
I forgot to mention that I did 231 at Monza in Micheal Schumacher's F2005. I could have gone faster, but they cut the revs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back