Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit 125 mph on Alligator Alley the other day in the GS; no cars on my section of road on either east nor westbound (or north or westbound, depending on your point of view).

My car gets tossed around aerodynamically at 90-95mph, so it kid of forces you to go just a bit faster to feel...um, "safer"! Weird.

I finally have my sports suspension and my summer tires back on, so I did a quick piece of Autobahn a few days ago. I reached 227 km/h (142 mph), but then had to back off. There's not much more in it though. The car's a BMW 323i E36 (2,5 litre I6, 170hp) by the way.

Regards
the Interceptor

would that have been the old vulcan v6? or the newer twin cam engine, I had a 99 or 2000 (can't remember) up to 120 which was where the speedo ended on that car

My run was with the Vulcan V6. :) The car was running out of steam as it was closing in on the limiter.

I finally have my sports suspension and my summer tires back on, so I did a quick piece of Autobahn a few days ago. I reached 227 km/h (142 mph), but then had to back off. There's not much more in it though. The car's a BMW 323i E36 (2,5 litre I6, 170hp) by the way.

Regards
the Interceptor

:envy: Wish I had more opportunities to do that here. Last time I was able to go out for a proper highway thrash was a few weeks ago in the Proty.

Had the car pinging off the rev limiter at about 225 km/h (just off the speedometer, but gear calculations show it should be around there). Had my grippy Advans on, a full exhaust, and a K&N cone. Still working on getting a longer final drive, might be able to hit 230 or so with it.

My KE30's box is only a four speed, and the final drive is waaaay short, so my highest downhill is 103 kph (64 mph), on flat ground about 102 kph. I don't want to kill the poor thing.

In a mate's Camry, I got to about 130-140 kph (80-87 mph).

Fastest I've been in a car was in an automatic R31 Skyline with an RB30, we did around 220 kph (136 mph). That was cool fun. Alot of wind noise :ill:

Today broke my previous record of around 160 or something like that.

Did 190km/h in my '98 Jetta. Was pretty scary. I kinda felt getting out of the draft feeling as I pulled out of my friend's draft.

I am damn sure that 90% of the people that say they drove over 140MPH are lying. :irked: The fastest I went in a car (My uncle was driving) was 115MPH in his 5.0 Mustang. It is that old one with rectangle tailights, painted is this sort of pale red, only if I had pictures, it was bone stock. Slowed down after 115, because of traffic. :indiff: We had a blast.

I am damn sure that 90% of the people that say they drove over 140MPH are lying. :irked:
why? its not that hard tbh ive been in a chipped seat leon and it pulled fine up till around 146mph before the wind residence started to really kick in,same with most other decently powered cars ive been in.only different one i was in was a lamborghini gallardo,that thing didnt seem to know what wind residence was even at 160mph! was still pulling like it was at 50mph on full throttle.wind residence doesnt really seem to kick in till around 145mph,thats why all these cars such as caterhams,evos,octavia vrs's,seats,mondeo st's,type-r's etc have top speeds of 145-155.

First of all, it's spelled resistance. Second, the wind resistance ALWAYS affects the car at any speed.

The point TunerVision was trying to make is this:

It's a poll of how fast you've gone in your own car. Now, 90% of the cars on the road today aren't capable of more than 115-130 mph (whether drag-limited, computer-limited or, in my case, gear-limited).

And according to this poll, over 30% (so far) of the respondents have gone over 140 mph... in their own car. Kinda fast, considering a lot of those people are probably 13-year olds without licenses... :lol: ...and how quickly you can lose your learner's permit if you're actually clocked at those speeds.

Of course, if it turns out that those respondents all own Porsches, Corvettes and Evos and live somewhere long and flat, I stand corrected. ;)

Why is there no way to re-vote? Since going a hundred in my old Cavalier I've had my Sol to nearly 130.

Ditto. When I voted, it was back when I was still riding around with my parents. I've since moved up three brackets in the poll.

Re-Vote!
(Or, a new thread perhaps?)

140mph is extremely fast. I'm just scared of getting a ticket, slowed down after 190km/h. My crappy Jetta tops out at 220km/h on the speedo anyway (that's a bit under 140mph).

I've actually done 220km/h in a Mercedes C220, but that was on the german autobahn and the car was a rental. If you have a sports car which usually have speed limit around 250 and you've driven with it in germany, then ~250ish would be believable, but most people don't drive in germany. I only drove a rental car there, so it doesn't count.

My crappy Jetta tops out at 220km/h on the speedo

Crappy!? 220!?!?!?

Man, 220 is friggin fast!
But I would agree with you when referring to the car, what with it being wrong-wheel-drive and all.

Well.....kinda digging out the topic but..... A few weeks ago, I did
154.999 mph ( VERY close to 250kmh) with my BMW 530d E60...... Allthought it felt quite good, it doesn't give you THAT sensation of speed a Porsche 924 does it by doing 140-150kmh.....

Oh yes, on the Autobahn :D

Well, my max is 120 in the I-90 tunnel. But I slowed down to 45 before that run, so I could probably hit the 130 limiter if I started from 80.

In a Corvette we were at 250km so I think that is like 156mp unless I did the math wrong, we looked down at the speedo then looked up at the road and the cars ahead of us were fast approaching so let it off.

Can't really update, but in my new rig, the speed limiter had me pegged at 140 MPH. With the limiter removed, people have reported around a top speed of 155 in these Legacys.

I'd like to do some mods then take it out to an old airport to see what it can do, safely.

Due to my Corsa getting upset at anything over 4000 RPM in any gear it doesnt tend to sound great when going fast... Ive got it up to 90 but any higher and the revs are annoying... thats a 1.2 engine for you!

It apparently has a brochure speed of 110-115 MPH.

Robin

over the summer my dad and i were on the blue route, if you have ever been to Philadelphia/Chester/the hood/Philadelphia Airport you may know what the blue route is like. anyway, we were cruising at around 70 and some teenage girl in dady's Acura ran us onto the shoulder of the highway, we were about 2feet from the grass. she acted like we weren't even there, WE WERE DRIVING IN A FLAME RED DODGE RAM! so, my dad decided to freak her out so he chased her, he floored it and we went flying. i watched the speedo go up the gas gauge go down:). we were up around 110 and she freaked out and started weaving in and out of traffic and we lost her. i know it sounds dangerous and mean, but this lady just pissed my dad off so much had to do something.

:lol: I bet that was fun going 110 in a Ram. I would be very very scared. I once chased a GTI through traffic. No idea how fast I was going; I had a little too much to concentrate on:sly:.

I am witness to the wonders of a speed limited Japanese import. My 180SX will run off the clock and bump suddenly into the limiter at I'd guess about 190kph.

Dont speed often, but I have passed the 100mph a couple times. Definitely capable of 140+

well i had my needle at just over 220 kilometer an hour so a website conveted that to 136 miles per hour.

and so far the fastest i have been is 245 kilometers an hour in my brothers car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back