Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still have the car? Go take another pic with a sign that says GTP and your name.

LOL, first of all, owning a 350z is the cheapest car you can own in CA, i moved from Phx to CA about 4 months ago. its not a big deal to say like if i own a Porsche 911 turbo or a lamborghini, i dont think i have the time to go take a picture with my car just to prove that i own a 20k dollar nissan lol

LOL, first of all, owning a 350z is the cheapest car you can own in CA, i moved from Phx to CA about 4 months ago. its not a big deal to say like if i own a Porsche 911 turbo or a lamborghini, i dont think i have the time to go take a picture with my car just to prove that i own a 20k dollar nissan lol
But you have to realize that anyone can come on here and claim doing amazing things in any car.

The best way we have to realistically verify the actual car is to have a picture with something identifying GTP. And when a mod asks it is because it is against the rules to knowingly give false information.

Anyway, it isn't as if it is hard, I even did it with my '07 Rabbit, and it isn't as if anyone outside of VW fans were going to accuse me of trying to be cool with a $15,000 compact hatch (although I find it better than cool, but that's me).

normal_DSCF0547.JPG

normal_DSCF0554.JPG

normal_DSCF0544.JPG

It is just a simple good faith thing.

We recently took a trip to Germany for a Ford SVT meet in Hanover, and whilst on the way to Continental tyre's proving ground my dad reached 140mph (nearly 220kmh) in his 01 Bullitt Mustang whilst keeping up with an Audi R8. I was in the passenger seat and my feelings were mixed.

I was excited cos we were going that speed and not breaking the law, and also calm because the Mustang didn't break a sweat, it sounded and felt like it was travelling at 70mph. It was a very strange sensation.

But you have to realize that anyone can come on here and claim doing amazing things in any car.

The best way we have to realistically verify the actual car is to have a picture with something identifying GTP. And when a mod asks it is because it is against the rules to knowingly give false information.

Anyway, it isn't as if it is hard, I even did it with my '07 Rabbit, and it isn't as if anyone outside of VW fans were going to accuse me of trying to be cool with a $15,000 compact hatch (although I find it better than cool, but that's me).

normal_DSCF0547.JPG

normal_DSCF0554.JPG

normal_DSCF0544.JPG

i understand what your saying, im just not the type to put a picture of myself in a forum that everyone in the world can see. i guess you will have to take my word for it, im just posting here saying what the fastest speed that ive done.... By the way, im sending you a pm.

We recently took a trip to Germany for a Ford SVT meet in Hanover, and whilst on the way to Continental tyre's proving ground my dad reached 140mph (nearly 220kmh) in his 01 Bullitt Mustang whilst keeping up with an Audi R8. I was in the passenger seat and my feelings were mixed.

I was excited cos we were going that speed and not breaking the law, and also calm because the Mustang didn't break a sweat, it sounded and felt like it was travelling at 70mph. It was a very strange sensation.

yeah, one of my good friends has an 03 svt cobra with a smaller pulley exhaust intake and a very good tune, its doing close to 550 WHP , the tranny goes out on him a lot because he likes to power shift but those cars are beasts in a straight line.

normal_DSCF0547.JPG

normal_DSCF0554.JPG

normal_DSCF0544.JPG

I likey... I have an 08 gti 6 speed manual. I drove a few rabbits and I like them a lot. I never drove a stick one :(.

Yea, you do. That is if you really want us to believe that you did 170mph in it.

yeah, one of my good friends has an 03 svt cobra with a smaller pulley exhaust intake and a very good tune, its doing close to 550 WHP , the tranny goes out on him a lot because he likes to power shift but those cars are beasts in a straight line.

03 SVT Cobra!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I adore those beasts, they're my favourite car. I know a guy in the US army who is stationed in Germany and he has a 10th Anniversary black Cobra, and when I saw it he had to put the roof up and constantly clean it because I was drooling all over it :lol::lol::lol:

Tell your friend he has a stunning car and tell him to look after it well, because I may buy it one day.

a 20k dollar nissan lol
Damn' that's cheap! Here in the Netherlands (mostly due to taxes) and the fact that we only have the most expensive model here, a 350Z will set you back 59.000 euro's, which is around 80k USD. :crazy:

Anyway, as soon as I get my new set of tyres I'll take it to the Autobahn and try to take it to top speed (which should be limited at 250 kmh/156 mph). :)

Damn' that's cheap! Here in the Netherlands (mostly due to taxes) and the fact that we only have the most expensive model here, a 350Z will set you back 59.000 euro's, which is around 80k USD. :crazy:

Anyway, as soon as I get my new set of tyres I'll take it to the Autobahn and try to take it to top speed (which should be limited at 250 kmh/156 mph). :)

well i have an 06 Enthusiast, when i bought the car i bought it brand new so out the door it cost me about 34k, but now it is valued for way less, you can buy a 08 350z for about 25k... they are really loosing there value these days.

i understand what your saying, im just not the type to put a picture of myself in a forum that everyone in the world can see.

You don't have to post a picture of yourself, just your car and a piece of paper. And since you can afford a 350Z, I would assume a camera is no problem.

You said it was modified, so it's not just a 20k Nissan. Why don't you take a picture to show us the modifications and prove your not just another liar on the internet?

ill post something better later today, how about my new project. I cant take pictures of the 350z SORRY!!! Plus i really dont care if you guys believe me or not, i know what the car is capable of, and the way i see it is that if a Dodge Neon srt-4 that i used to have with the correct tire and different suspension setup and of course upgraded turbo can hit 170+ mph, a 350z damn well is going to also.

A EVO 9 SE with just an intake and exhaust no tune went 170 mph, and yes it did because i was in the car, a 350z will also. the point here is that these cars can go that fast...

I believe the guy. Apparently the Leon Cupra can do 170mph once remapped so dont see why a evo couldnt! the rev dial was right near the limiter though lol.

I believe the guy. Apparently the Leon Cupra can do 170mph once remapped so dont see why a evo couldnt! the rev dial was right near the limiter though lol.

I Don't, I don't know how much more obvious an internet liar can get.

normal_DSCF0544.JPG

Don't know about the Rabbit, but that shirt is ROCKIN'!!!

:D

I've beaten my own record today, I accredit 104mph to a downhill section, gusty tailwind and scary amounts of standing water to reduce friction.

Is that a dig? If it is go look on youtube.

At anything specific? Or just go find a nice music video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back