Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
a Dodge Neon srt-4 that i used to have with the correct tire and different suspension setup and of course upgraded turbo can hit 170+ mph, a 350z damn well is going to also.
What you are essentially saying with that statement is that a 350Z cannot go 170; because changing tires, suspension settings and adding more boost will not make an SRT-4 go 170+.

Danachronism
At anything specific? Or just go find a nice music video?
:lol:

Last edited:
What you are essentially saying with that statement is that a 350Z cannot go 170.

:lol:

I think he is saying the 350z also can go 170.

I've only gone 99 in my car ONCE it was about 2 am on a back road behind Salem, OR :D coming off a nice big hill into a long straight, I wanted to go 100 but I decided not to for some reason :ouch: haha.

Jerome

COOLEST STORY SO FAR:My Dad's friend Bought a Brand new 1969 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet when he got back from 'Nam, he'd been saving his money up when he was over there. My Dad was ridin with him, and the got the speedo needle back to ZERO! those got to 160, so they were going between 180-200 by my judgement. They stoopped when the front end started lifting up and the hood looked like it was going to fly off. The guy raced it all the time, the only car he couldnt beat was a modded 69 GTO.:eek: :eek: :D :D

yeah, thats not even close. he'd be lucky to get 130 mph outta that car. back in 69, they didnt have overdrive, and they had a steep rearend gear.

I mean honestly......theres simply no way.

the max a old cobra jet put out was around 400 hp. and thats being generous. it takes a lot more then that to push a 3500+ lb vehicle thats about as aerodynamic as a brick to speeds over 150 mph.

Last edited:
yeah, thats not even close. he'd be lucky to get 130 mph outta that car. back in 69, they didnt have overdrive, and they had a steep rearend gear.

I mean honestly......theres simply no way.

the max a old cobra jet put out was around 400 hp. and thats being generous. it takes a lot more then that to push a 3500+ lb vehicle thats about as aerodynamic as a brick to speeds over 150 mph.

That guy is banned, and it was posted before the internet was born :crazy:

Go SEAT! I bet it went that fast because you were low on fuel.

EDIT: err.... temp?

Strangely enough, my temperature stayed at or below that level for the whole 10 hour drive to Sydney. It's probably broken. I dunno.

dsc00574sx4.jpg

And it wasn't going much more than that in any hurry...

Just to clear it out, the Speedometer shows KM / H not Miles per hour.

Greetings
Kutscher

There's a place in Rockwall that I sometimes visit, and on the way, there's 2 bridges, 2 lanes going both ways. It's about 2 miles long, so when there's never any cars on the bridge in front of me for the next 2 miles, I do open the car up a bit.

Early this morning, I had to go out there and opening her a bit, the TL was doing around 115Mph. I haven't had the balls to open her up anywhere above 120Mph on this bridge, but I can tell she had a lot of power left. And while I'd love to prove it, I'm not about to risk holding a Nikon D40 while doing those speeds. :nervous:

fastest i've ever been is 160km/h or 100mph. Dad was driving a ES330 while our ES300 was in for service. :D

btw, I have done about 102 in my trans am.

when it dries up this week, we are gonna do a official pull.....I am shootin for 120+. it dont take long to get there.....I'll tell you what. I JUST get into 3rd gear at 100 mph.....dang 2.73 axle..........

Reventón;3149488
There's a place in Rockwall that I sometimes visit, and on the way, there's 2 bridges, 2 lanes going both ways. It's about 2 miles long, so when there's never any cars on the bridge in front of me for the next 2 miles, I do open the car up a bit.

Early this morning, I had to go out there and opening her a bit, the TL was doing around 115Mph. I haven't had the balls to open her up anywhere above 120Mph on this bridge, but I can tell she had a lot of power left. And while I'd love to prove it, I'm not about to risk holding a Nikon D40 while doing those speeds. :nervous:

What about the 5?

I've gone just about 100 on I-5; dumbest thing I've ever done, and I'm fairly certain the traffic in my area is a little more tame than in the populous areas of California.

Edit* I forget there is tons of open space in California between urban areas.

Last edited:
Our freeways have incredibly narrow lanes, which adds to the sensation of speed. Last time I was in California (on 680), 85 mph felt like nothing, because the lanes are smooth and 20-feet wide.

What about the 5?
I've only done around 90 on George Bush Tollway with it. Doesn't feel like a car suited for triple digits. Too quiet on the acceleration as well unless you really put the pedal down.

But, I'm sure it tops out around 155Mph. :D

Well, i live 2 hours from the city where the roads are neglected and bumpy, so not many people here would probably be gain to do anything over 140 anywhere in these parts, the most we've done is about 130, and even then the car rattles...

Tried to go fast in my Jeep Wrangler...and failed! Only was able to reach 80mph on a flat road...of course 80 actually seems fast in an unstable vehicle such as mine. :P

Well, i live 2 hours from the city where the roads are neglected and bumpy, so not many people here would probably be gain to do anything over 140 anywhere in these parts, the most we've done is about 130, and even then the car rattles...

I've still only done 140km/hr in my Ute, run to the end of 3rd gear then slow down again.

I've been in a 6cyl SS LX Torana hatch 238kph=149mph on the Warrego hwy I was a passenger.We used to do this (mate n I) most Fri on the way to Toowoomba 130km/80m and Sun on the way back. He bought anRX4 brigde ported 5spdit scared the bjesus out of us,we hit 5th coming full revs out of 4th at 225kph=135mph it launched .....he backed off ....we were accelerating at 260kph=160mph ........WAY WAY WAY TOO FAST for the road. This is 20 years ago!!!

I hit 90 in my car a few days ago and she still had plenty more in her. I wouldn't doubt that she could max the 120mph speedo, I just need to find somewhere to do it. This could take a while, lol.

I've been in a 6cyl SS LX Torana hatch 238kph=149mph on the Warrego hwy I was a passenger.We used to do this (mate n I) most Fri on the way to Toowoomba 130km/80m and Sun on the way back. He bought anRX4 brigde ported 5spdit scared the bjesus out of us,we hit 5th coming full revs out of 4th at 225kph=135mph it launched .....he backed off ....we were accelerating at 260kph=160mph ........WAY WAY WAY TOO FAST for the road. This is 20 years ago!!!

Must have had an aftermarket gearbox eh? I didn't think the Torana gearbox would go that high. Damn fast though. I take it the RX-4 was a Mazda RX-4 with a rotary?

I hit 90 in my car a few days ago and she still had plenty more in her. I wouldn't doubt that she could max the 120mph speedo, I just need to find somewhere to do it. This could take a while, lol.

What car is this?

@nd4holdenspd the gearbox was an Aussie 4 spdM22 I believe,from a tonner.We converted it from auto,the diff ratio was tall 2.78, giving 38kph /1000 revs The old "Toadie"would go to 6250-6300 in top.

OH and the RX4 was a 13b coupe with a 5spd.

I might be getting my Mum's Magna when i get my license, can't wait to see how fast it goes. :) It's a 4 speed automatic TR (and it's a wagon :crazy:)

I don't think our Rodeo ute would go too fast on these bumpy roads, other than that the gearbox would probably only go up to 150 or so.

I might be getting my Mum's Magna when i get my license, can't wait to see how fast it goes. :) It's a 4 speed automatic TR (and it's a wagon :crazy:)

I don't think our Rodeo ute would go too fast on these bumpy roads, other than that the gearbox would probably only go up to 150 or so.

I still say sell the Magna and get a manual Commodore.:sly:

I still say sell the Magna and get a manual Commodore.:sly:

Haha, it's a 1993 TR but i think it could go fairly fast, i got it up to 50 in low gear at 4,000rpm, mum got cross with me so i won't try that again until i get it.

182mph as a passenger in a 410bhp TT MkIV Supra (well, it was off the clock @ 180, not sure how accurate the speedo was at that sort of speed!)

Last edited:
Can't updated the poll but i was going 120mph in a Seat leon cupra k1 ( the one i took out for a test drive )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back