Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clear it out, the Speedometer shows KM / H not Miles per hour.

Greetings
Kutscher

Yeah. That is true. But I'm going double my horsepower in speed. Which I feel makes it more impressive.

Why is it ludicrous? I've gone the max 98 in our '99 Tahoe...hell I can reach 80 in my '89 Wrangler!

The fastest I've driven was 138 with my stepfather's Passat 2.0 FSI.

The fastest I've ever went was around 144 in my friend's Volvo 940 Turbo (former police car btw :lol:).

EDIT: Oh and in my car I've been doing only around 112.. :indiff:

Last edited:
The fastest I ever did was in a bike, not a car. It was 162 mph (I think I'm correct, it's 270 kmh) displayed in the speedometer, using a Yamaha FJ1200, in the highway between Sevilla and Jerez. Since the official top speed of the bike, IIRC, was 250 kmh, this figure is probably more acurate. This happened in 1992, when I was a lot younger and a lot more crazy. Never did such stupid thing again, and that's probably the reason I'm still alive.

In a car, I'm not sure, but I don't think I ever went past 220 kmh (in a BMW 325i). And that also was a long time ago.

Now i'm not legal yet to drive, nor a motorcycle, but my cousin own's a Honda CBR900RR and I got to ride it once or twice, got it up to around 60 on a side street, its not allot, but for me being abit underage still, I thought I was the coolest kid ever...

(I can barely touch the ground, if you really want pictures that I drove it, I have them... lmao)

130 in my 95 T/A

just did it last night. it chirped the tires goin into 3rd gear at 95 mph.

it was still pullin good, but I ran outta road. btw, that with the head lights up, and the windows down.

headers not installed yet

Where I live, and you can ask Mines_GTR about this, If you do under 80 in the highway EVERYONE will be looking at you like you're some kind of a dumb***.

That's awesome. If only our highways appreciated people who need to get places in a hurry.

Where I live, and you can ask Mines_GTR about this, If you do under 80 in the highway EVERYONE will be looking at you like you're some kind of a dumb***.

Really, because I thought that's how it was anywhere on a US highway. :P

That's awesome. If only our highways appreciated people who need to get places in a hurry.

Tell me about it GT Pro, our limits are ridiculous, makes US roads look like racetracks and the people who are 20km/h under in the fast lane......RRRRRRRRRR!! :mad: But for the record I have "allegedly" done the following (if the police ask I will deny this!! ;):cool: )

Worked Holden (Isuzu) Gemini - 220km/h (137mph)
Nitrous Holden Gemini - 215km/h (134mph)
Current Toyota Cressida 1JZ - 195km/h (121mph) (WITH BLOWN RADIATOR!! :eek: )

The Cressidas top speed will improve sometime in the future. :cool:

Reventón;3180661

That's pretty much the truth around here. On the I295 loop around Jacksonville, the left lane is reserved for people doing at least 80mph. Crusing at 90 is not uncommon.

Reventón;3180661

When you're 17 you've probably not experienced speed.
More impressive to me than just high speed is average speed. We cruised back from Sweden doing 90 mph more or less the whole way, in a 60 zone. Used a tank (40 litres or something) on 170 miles :P

Oh, and doing 112 mph is a lot more scary in a Japanese car weighing 850 kgs with body sheet made by recycled tuna cans than a German luxo car weighing two tonnes.

Last edited:
My Car have done 95 mph in Michigan on I69 and Alabama on I65 heading to the Gulf Coast.. That was fun! :D

The thing is, that they're usually going nowhere in a hurry. just want to go fast. :crazy:

126.xxx mph, '72 'Cuda , built 340 , 727 auto w/kit , 4:11's. ( 1/4 mi. spd. )

The fastest car I have personally been in was an '06 Viper GTS : 170 mph down I-77 , damn , life was just a blur , amazing feeling.

In my car only about 120. In other cars, about the same. I don't think I've ever gone faster than that.

A little spirited run tonight. :D
1117080113aza0.jpg

Backed off soon after. So much more kick left in this car.

130 in my dad's '01 Mercedes E-Class 280 on an autobahn here in Germany. It's the top speed of this car, it didn't get any faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back