Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I have not posted in here about my last high speed run. I hit an indicated 145 mph, so whatever that actually was. I don't plan on doing it again any time soon though. One of the scariest things I've done.

281km/h so in miles would be 174mph in my EG6 with K20 engine. Also with my daily car a honda VTI EG9 161mph. I saw some posts of integras doing 200mph and more :odd:... i have to say that was pretty funny at least:crazy:! No way thats possible without blowing the engine to pieces and with nitrous that was the 1st thing that would happen:ouch:

281km/h so in miles would be 174mph in my EG6 with K20 engine. Also with my daily car a honda VTI EG9 161mph. I saw some posts of integras doing 200mph and more :odd:... i have to say that was pretty funny at least:crazy:! No way thats possible without blowing the engine to pieces and with nitrous that was the 1st thing that would happen:ouch:

Uh...how much boost in the K20?

How much horsepower and torque, then? I'm more willing to believe that the speedo is inaccurate. :lol: I have a K20 too, and the 2006 Civic Si's usually can't make it over 140mph. 2007 and up have speed limiters around 135mph, which is so pointless when that's basically the top speed anyway.

It would take about 400+ bhp to at least contemplate hitting 170 mph in a Civic.

Which is easy to believe turbo. Not so easy to believe without, unless you have a fully race-built H22A breathing nitrous.

Check your speedometer lately? I had one in my Sentra before that would hit 180 km/h in just five seconds. At 80 km/h.

Oh, and there's another question: Civic speedometers don't even go anywhere near 280 km/h.

DSC00291.JPG

:lol:

It would take about 400+ bhp to at least contemplate hitting 170 mph in a Civic.

Which is easy to believe turbo. Not so easy to believe without, unless you have a fully race-built H22A breathing nitrous.

Check your speedometer lately? I had one in my Sentra before that would hit 180 km/h in just five seconds. At 80 km/h.

Oh, and there's another question: Civic speedometers don't even go anywhere near 280 km/h.

DSC00291.JPG

Thats why i take a tomtom GPS system to see the real speed :sly:. Here a honda with turbo with 416hp (EP3) goes 305km/h by GPS (200mph). Maybe you just need to change your mechanic and a better ECU like hondata K-PRO LOL. I went streetracing for almost a decade so i know what im talking about. Just because you need twice the HP to reach does top speeds you dont have to be pissed about it. :lol:

I went streetracing for almost a decade so i know what im talking about.

Like hell you know what you're talking about. Street racers are some of the absolute least well informed people involved with cars I've met.

200mph from 400hp is not possible, GPS or not. Especially considering Civics aren't slippery enough to make it remotely possible. Hell, a full-blown streamliner would need more than 400hp to fight the wind at 200mph.

Like hell you know what you're talking about. Street racers are some of the absolute least well informed people involved with cars I've met.

200mph from 400hp is not possible, GPS or not. Especially considering Civics aren't slippery enough to make it remotely possible. Hell, a full-blown streamliner would need more than 400hp to fight the wind at 200mph.

Whatever you say. You guys win ok? lol. You collect you cup i had enough of your uninformed comments:yuck:

Now let me ask, as one, humble, uninformed idiot to a legendary street racer:

What K20 are you using? What's your rev-limiter set at? And what size tires do you run?

And just where in Lisbon can you legally go 270 km/h on the road? :lol:

And a tubrocharged K20, I'm willing to believe, can hit nearly 300 km/h (which is, incidentally, 190 mph, not 200)...

But you're asking us to believe you have a 400-500 hp naturally aspirated K20 on a street car? Not without a pics, a build-list and a signed card, sorry. And even then, big money on a K20 will get you somewhere between 250-300 whp. For 280 km/h, you'll want at least 100 whp more, which probably means a 9k - 10k redline, huge compression, race gas and/or laughing gas (or both), a worked-on head chock full of aftermarket parts... oh... what else... :lol:

Last edited:
Thats why i take a tomtom GPS system to see the real speed :sly:. Here a honda with turbo with 416hp (EP3) goes 305km/h by GPS (200mph). Maybe you just need to change your mechanic and a better ECU like hondata K-PRO LOL. I went streetracing for almost a decade so i know what im talking about. Just because you need twice the HP to reach does top speeds you dont have to be pissed about it. :lol:

Bull...crap. No Civic with just over 400Hp is getting anywhere near 200Mph unless we're looking at some kind of non street-legal, full-built drag Civic.

Try again. :odd:👎

Does it count if i'm not on a public road? I got up to 80km/hr in the yard with mum's car today, the Magna has more power than i thought. :)

Does it count if i'm not on a public road?
Considering speed limits and the AUP's stance on discussing illegal activities, we would prefer it not be on a public road, or that you don't say where.

And the AUP also has rules about false claims (not directed at you, Thiele).

What transmission are you using, that is my biggest question? ITR, Type S, Euro-R, Civic Si?

A new Civic Si runs a little over 3000 rpm at 70 mph. That means a little over 23 mph every 1000 rpm. With a redline of 8000 rpm, that turns out to an underestimation of 184 mph at 8000 rpm. Now, allow for a built engine that spins an actually conservative 9000 rpm, and yes, the transmission will allow for 200 mph. That doesn't even take into account larger diameter tires.

So yes, technically it's quite possible for a Civic to go 200 mph. But I happen to think that 416 whp, which would turn out to be at least 467 crank horsepower with a 10% drivetrain loss, is not enough to motivate the brick-like EP to 200 mph. Air is quite thick at that speed.

What transmission are you using, that is my biggest question? ITR, Type S, Euro-R, Civic Si?

Ill answer you question coz you seem to be the most civilazed guy around here. Transmission you mean like gearbox? its the stock from the european Ep3 civic typeR. and the 174mph i do, is doing 9500rpm (more or less) in 6th gear. Sorry no more comments on this one. I dont understand you and you dont understand me so its pointless... im off.

ps: thought- my honda civic VTI EG9 is a 1.600cc with 160hp (my daily car) and ive only add to the car a complete exaust system a KN air filter and a chip in the ECU and it can go to 9100rpm that means 260km/h (161mph) so why the hell not cant my EG6 reach 174mph? its all for me...

Ill answer you question coz you seem to be the most civilazed guy around here. Transmission you mean like gearbox? its the stock from the european Ep3 civic typeR. and the 174mph i do, is doing 9500rpm (more or less) in 6th gear. Sorry no more comments on this one. I dont understand you and you dont understand me so its pointless... im off.

ps: thought- my honda civic VTI EG9 is a 1.600cc with 160hp (my daily car) and ive only add to the car a complete exaust system a KN air filter and a chip in the ECU and it can go to 9100rpm that means 260km/h (161mph) so why the hell not cant my EG6 reach 174mph? its all for me...

So you haven't actually gone that fast, but theoretically with no air resistance or friction you could because the gears are long enough?

So you haven't actually gone that fast, but theoretically with no air resistance or friction you could because the gears are long enough?

I did man. I made that last question coz you all just dont believe me. Was just for you and all the other to think for a minute. a 1600cc goes 161mph with minor changes and a eg6 with k20 cant do 174mph? get the question now?! :odd:

I'm afraid that physics doesn't agree with you. It's very easy to work out how much power a given car requires to do a given speed and I'm afraid the stock output of a VTi is not only not enough to push it past 161mph on the road, it's not even close. In fact it's just about enough to get it to 137mph. Your "minor changes" need to have a significant effect - including pushing your peak power to arrive at redline, rather than about 750rpm before it.

That being said, you could easily do it on a rolling road. But in the real world you need more power at the wheels in your VTi than any production Honda bar the NSX has ever managed at the crank.

So, please provide proof of either claim - select a private road or other legal place to do so - or abandon this line of thought.

I did man. I made that last question coz you all just dont believe me. Was just for you and all the other to think for a minute. a 1600cc goes 161mph with minor changes and a eg6 with k20 cant do 174mph? get the question now?! :odd:
No you didn't, not without a much more extenive list of modifiactions than what you've posted. As said before it isn't hard to calculate how much power is needed to get a car over a certain speed by looking at the cars weight a Cd numbers. For Civic to reach thoes speeds with thoes power number it just isnt possible. There are 300bhp cars than only just break the 160mph barrier and thoes are far more aerodynamically capable than a Civic. It's not a question of the engine being marvelous or not, it's a question of physics, not matter how good the engine is it will still need to create a certain ammount of power to get that car to reach that speed and that's before you take gearing and other isses into account because you need the gears set to hit the right power curve as well and your power curve can change as you modify your car which means you gearing can be perfectly suited at first and completely unsited to the curve after a few mods. If you could provide proof and enlighten myself and others on here as to what makes these cars of yours defy the laws of physics then fine, I'll humbly accept what you are saying, but until proof is provided and I'll wager that it won't then what you are saying goes down as a false claim.

Somebody pointed me in here, and I'd like to bring my can of gas with me, and some marshmallow for later.

Stock (i believe that's the term) EP3 Type R's will hit 158 MPH, if you give them a long enough road. The Gearbox will allow for higher speeds, but the engine is not producing enough power at that point to push the speedo needle any further round. I don't have proof, other than my word; as I've actually done that speed, in one.
Granted, that was according to the speedo in the car, but the car was absolutely untouched, with factory wheels, tyres etc. so shouldn't have been too far out.
Some of the confusion here may be due to the fluctuating power outputs and capabilities of euro-spec civics and ADM models.
An "si" over in the states will probably stop at 140mph, whereas an EP3 from over here in England will run to higher speeds because its much much lighter, a totally different shape, and to all intents and purposes, a different car. Even the FD2 chassis (the latest one in europe) which runs a K20 engine producing more horsepower than the original K20, is a slower car, due to its size, shape and weight. Honda had to increase the horsepower rating in it's revised model, just so it could almost keep up with its older brother, and still carry the "Type-R" mantel.
Although all these civic variants carry the same base K20 engine, there are a multitude of different outputs, according to vehicle spec. The EK9 civic is still regarded as the fastest civic the Honda factory ever churned out, and there have been 3 engine upgrades since that car. The most popular engine for going quickly in a Honda and screaming at everyone that you have a VTEC these days is the K20 from an EP3 civic, or an FN2, which is the japanese model variant. Not an FD2, nor a CRV, nor a civic type-s, accord, or any other platform they chucked the K20 into in a mild state.

If this K20 engine was swapped into an EG chassis (a common thing these days) and then had crank modifications and breathing work and various other copious amounts of monies thrown at it, I see no reason why the slippery-er shape, lighter weight frame of an EG with more than 200 horsepower could not muster an extra 16 miles an hour.

Looking at the pics horde_r35 provided, I see a numerous amount of extras have been added in the engine bay, from cold air rams to the most expensive strut bracing you can purchase, to sox for your brake fluid reservoir (never understood that one, I mean cmon, do brake fluid reservoirs really get cold? :irked:) there has been a ton of money thrown at it.
It's got a carbon bootlid, bonnet, no interior, very sticky tyres, alloy radiator, uprated fuel rail, sports battery (theyre over £230 alone, and just to save weight) and the list goes on and on.
If that's horde_r35's toy car and he says it runs 174 mph, I believe him. It's not an over-exaggerated claim.
I noticed from the pix that the EG with all the power in it loox like the DX model, which originally runs a 1300cc lump, and no weighty items, such as sunroof, electric windows, mirrors, sound deadening, heavier upholstery and so on. This is a common model often snapped up to be stripped down and have this sort of work done to it. Are you guys suggesting that yet another bloke hasn't been duped into attempting to reach the fabled "power of dreams"? It happens to all sorts. :sly:

He mentions he has a 1.6 vti as a daily driver, which will hit 161. That seems reasonable.
My car is at least 30hp down on that, but is also stripped out and lightly modified, and will hit 134mph according to tomtom.
It's only the single cam engine. His is a double.
Ive heard of these things doing all kinds of speeds once the ecu has been played with.
These guys set their VTEC engagement points to produce peak hp at higher engine speeds so they can grab that extra mile per hour.

horde_r35 doesnt seem to have made any outlandish claims here, yet people have jumped on him like he's full of it.
Reading back through the thread, it doesnt look like he owns the 416hp civic, cos that one was turbo'd, and his picture shows an normally aspirated engine bay, so when he says "here is a 200mph 416hp civic" he might mean that there is one somewhere in Lisbon? Well that's not entirely unbelievable, is it? I mean, NONE of us know what has been done to that car, if it exists, and so he might be making a perfectly informed claim.

They do do some strange things, those VTEC engines.
Quite often they surprise people with their ability.
I'm not totally suckered in by everything that has been mentioned in the last two pages, but I don't see as many untruths as some people claim there are.

Right, I've put my fuel on, got my stick, where's that marshmallow.......

:mischievous:👍

Last edited:
What kind of proof do you want?? a graphic a ilegal video? for all the others say that its not my car? lol no way! Youre all starting to annoy me with all your talk! You dont believe me is fine but dont talk about like you all are experts and mechanics! Im with a friend now and he just cant stop laughing after reading all you have written:lol:! Any VTI EG9 has aerodynamics to do 160mph with minor changes, at least in Portugal lol! Thats why we re laughing, coz here its a normal thing! Youre hondas must be really bad:yuck:! WAIT: We dont do it in 1 or 2 kms, we need (normally) 8/9 km to achive those speeds. we here do it in a bridge with 17km length and we do 13km of those at pedal to the metal. Maybe it helps you all realize we can achive those speeds, if not too bad.

Stock (i believe that's the term) EP3 Type R's will hit 158 MPH, if you give them a long enough road. The Gearbox will allow for higher speeds, but the engine is not producing enough power at that point to push the speedo needle any further round.
I don't have proof, other than my word; as I've actually done that speed, in one.
Granted, that was according to the speedo in the car, but the car was absolutely untouched, with factory wheels, tyres etc. so shouldn't have been too far out.

Physics agrees. Allowing for a 10% (legally permissible) overread, the numbers add up just fine. About 190hp required at the wheels, give or take.

If this engine was swapped into an EG chassis (a common thing these days) and then had crank modifications and breathing work and various other copious amounts of monies thrown at it, I see no reason why the slippery-er shape, lighter weight frame of an EG with more than 200 horsepower could not muster an extra 16 miles an hour.

Looking at the pics horde_r35 provided, I see a numerous amount of extras have been added in the engine bay, from cold air rams to the most expensive strut bracing you can purchase, to sox for your brake fluid reservoir (never understood that one, I mean cmon, do brake fluid reservoirs really get cold? :irked:) there has been a ton of money thrown at it.
It's got a carbon bootlid, bonnet, no interior, very sticky tyres, alloy radiator, uprated fuel rail, sports battery (theyre over £230 alone, and just to save weight) and the list goes on and on.
If that's horde_r35's toy car and he says it runs 174 mph, I believe him. It's not an over-exaggerated claim.
I noticed from the pix that the EG with all the power in it loox like the DX model, which originally runs a 1300cc lump, and no weighty items, such as sunroof, electric windows, mirrors, sound deadening, heavier upholstery and so on. This is a common model often snapped up to be stripped down and have this sort of work done to it. Are you guys suggesting that yet another bloke hasn't been duped into attempting to reach the fabled "power of dreams"? It happens to all sorts. :sly:

He mentions he has a 1.6 vti as a daily driver, which will hit 161. That seems reasonable.
My car is at least 30hp down on that, but is also stripped out and lightly modified, and will hit 134mph according to tomtom.
Ive heard of these things doing all kinds of speeds once the ecu has been played with.
These guys set their VTEC engagement points to produce peak hp at higher engine speeds so they can grab that extra mile per hour.

The problem is that the speed/power relationship isn't linear. It's cubed.

Say your car has 130hp (160 less 30) and can do 134mph tops. 161mph is only 27mph more, so 30hp should be plenty enough. But it doesn't work that way - 161mph is 20% faster than 134mph, and so requires, all other things being equal, 73% more power (1.20 x 1.20 x 1.20). That's 225hp (which isn't that far off the figure I calculated for an EG VTi to hit 161mph)! If you forced 30hp more out of your car (23% more), you'd still top out, gearing permitted, at just 143mph (7% more).

However on a rolling road you'd only need 12hp to reach 161mph in the same Civic. Yes. Twelve.

(for reference I just ran the same numbers on your car, including the fact it is slightly lighter [which has a tiny bearing, but not as much as you'd think] and it came to 131hp)

What kind of proof do you want?? a graphic a ilegal video?

Famine
So, please provide proof of either claim - select a private road or other legal place to do so - or abandon this line of thought.

Any VTI EG9 has aerodynamics to do 160mph with minor changes, at least in Portugal lol!

So long as the minor changes add up to over 100 additional horsepower, yes.

Last edited:
Somebody pointed me in here, and I'd like to bring my can of gas with me, and some marshmallow for later.

Stock (i believe that's the term) EP3 Type R's will hit 158 MPH, if you give them a long enough road. The Gearbox will allow for higher speeds, but the engine is not producing enough power at that point to push the speedo needle any further round. I don't have proof, other than my word; as I've actually done that speed, in one.
Some of the confusion here may be due to the fluctuating power outputs and capabilities of euro-spec civics and ADM models.
An "si" over in the states will probably stop at 140mph, whereas an EP3 from over here in England will run to higher speeds because its much much lighter, a totally different shape, and to all intents and purposes, a different car. Even the FD2 chassis (the latest one in europe) which runs a K20 engine producing more horsepower than the original K20, is a slower car, due to its size, shape and weight. Honda had to increase the horsepower rating in it's revised model, just so it could almost keep up with its older brother, and still carry the "Type-R" mantel.
Although all these civic variants carry the same base K20 engine, there are a multitude of different outputs, according to vehicle spec. The EK9 civic is still regarded as the fastest civic the Honda factory ever churned out, and there have been 3 engine upgrades since that car. The most popular engine for going quickly in a Honda and screaming at everyone that you have a VTEC these days is the K20 from an EP3 civic, or an FN2, which is the japanese model variant. Not an FD2, nor a CRV, nor a civic type-s, accord, or any other platform they chucked the K20 into in a mild state.

If this K20 engine was swapped into an EG chassis (a common thing these days) and then had crank modifications and breathing work and various other copious amounts of monies thrown at it, I see no reason why the slippery-er shape, lighter weight frame of an EG with more than 200 horsepower could not muster an extra 16 miles an hour.

horde_r35 doesnt seem to have made any outlandish claims here, yet people have jumped on him like he's full of it.
Reading back through the thread, it doesnt look like he owns the 416hp civic, cos that one was turbo'd, and his picture shows an normally aspirated engine bay, so when he says "here is a 200mph 416hp civic" he might mean that there is one somewhere in Lisbon? Well that's not entirely unbelievable, is it? I mean, NONE of us know what has been done to that car, if it exists, and so he might be making a perfectly informed claim.

They do do some strange things, those VTEC engines.
Quite often they surprise people with their ability.
I'm not totally suckered in by everything that has been mentioned in the last two pages, but I don't see as many untruths as some people claim there are.

Right, I've put my fuel on, got my stick, where's that marshmallow.......

:mischievous:👍

Tnx man! Finally someone understand the posts ive writen! I was beggining to think that was an impossible thing around here lolol!

No problem.

That's the only thing about owning a Honda, no-one ever believes you until they try it.

:irked:👍

No problem.

That's the only thing about owning a Honda, no-one ever believes you until they try it.

:irked:👍

The physics backs up your claims (EP CTR at 158mph speedo indicated, your car at 134mph GPS verified). But not horde's. Not by a looooooooong way.

And physics may be a harsh mistress, but she's not swayed by opinion nor blinded by ludicrousness. What YOU say is feasible. What horde says... is not.

I also can indirectly vouch for the 158 mph. From an AutoBild-review of the stock Euro EP3 Type-R:

The speedo indicates 255 km/h, which translates to 159,4 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back