• 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem.

That's the only thing about owning a Honda, no-one ever believes you until they try it.

:irked:đź‘Ť

Exactly m8 haha!

Famine an EP3 civic (1270kg) with 200hp can do 158mph and you believe the truth in it. But you cant believe that an EG9 VTI civic (1120kg) with less 150kg and (the minor changes - chip, complete exaust system, filters) probably more 20hp, just cant?? lol

Weight plays next to no role in top speed. If I understand your figures correctly, your EG9 has 160hp plus mods, which add another 20 hp. Given the lower height of the body compared to an EP3, I might believe it can do 158 mph (indicated!) under good conditions. About the 174 mph in the EG6 however, I'm not so sure. Can you provide some more details on that car?

Weight plays next to no role in top speed. If I understand your figures correctly, your EG9 has 160hp plus mods, which add another 20 hp. Given the lower height of the body, I might believe it can do 158 mph (indicated!) under good conditions. About the 174 mph in the EG6 however, I'm not so sure. Can you provide some more details on that car?

Did you actually read it? its says less 150kg and more 20hp...

Exactly m8 haha!

Famine an EP3 civic (1270kg) with 200hp can do 158mph and you believe the truth in it. But you cant believe that an EG9 VTI civic (1120kg) with less 150kg and (the minor changes - chip, complete exaust system, filters) probably more 20hp, just cant?? lol

Weight plays next to no role in top speed.

the Interceptor is bang on the money.

The equations say the EG Civic needs about 100hp over the stock to do the 161mph you claim. The same equations say that the EP can, as standard, just about do an indicated 158mph. This isn't opinion - don't confuse anything I've said for "belief".

For reference, losing 150kg from the car in question is equivalent to a 2hp hike at 161mph. 2hp + 20hp != 100hp.

As I've said, please provide legal proof. Or stop making the claim. Don't confuse this for a request.

Last edited:
Did you actually read it? its says less 150kg and more 20hp...
Yes I have, but I got confused, which is why I asked more questions. I'm simply trying to understand and sort the data here. So can you please explain which of your cars has which mods, and how fast they go by which indicator?

Its just me thinking but... maybe just maybe less weight in a car means more WHP?? How can i provide evidence of a modified car?? showing a speedometer pic??

Exactly m8 haha!

Just a reminder about "txt speek" horde_r35:

From :gtplanet: AUP No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums. All messages must be posted in English.

Please post properly in future.

Its just me thinking but... maybe just maybe less weight in a car means more WHP??
Not really. Of course, an engine will accelerate a car quicker when the body weighs less. But since top speed - given you don't run into the rev limiter - only is limited by air resistance, it doesn't matter whether your car weighs 150 kg more or less. You'll just get there quicker with less weight, that's all.

Its just me thinking but... maybe just maybe less weight in a car means more WHP??

No. As I said above, you'll gain the equivalent of about 2hp at 161mph. Not an actual 2hp, but you reduce the friction forces your car is trying to overcome, reducing the amount of power you need.

How can i provide evidence of a modified car?? showing a speedometer pic??

No, because you only need 12hp to do 161mph in your Civic on a rolling road. An in-car video, where it is legal to do so, would suffice.

Exactly m8 haha!

Yep, because as Famine keeps saying the mathematics of what you are claiming do not add up whereas that the the 200bhp EP3 can do 158mph is mathematically possible. I'm not sure if you are understanding this but the world around us is governmed by physics, there are things that you can try to do but are unable to no matter how hard you try because they are physically impossible. What you are claiming is physically impossible. If your claims were different (ie the power outputs were higher or the speeds claimed waere lower) then you might have a case. The fact you have made the car lighter has little to no bearing on your claim.

No. As I said above, you'll gain the equivalent of about 2hp at 161mph. Not an actual 2hp, but you reduce the friction forces your car is trying to overcome, reducing the amount of power you need.

No, because you only need 12hp to do 161mph in your Civic on a rolling road. An in-car video, where it is legal to do so, would suffice.
Sorry i dont understand. Coz i can show a video but its not legal LOL

ps: thought- my honda civic VTI EG9 is a 1.600cc with 160hp (my daily car) and ive only add to the car a complete exaust system a KN air filter and a chip in the ECU and it can go to 9100rpm that means 260km/h (161mph)

But you cant believe that an EG9 VTI civic (1120kg) with less 150kg and (the minor changes - chip, complete exaust system, filters) probably more 20hp, just cant?? lol

It seems that you're adjusting your claims accordingly with the facts provided to you.
First you claim your 160HP Civic is capable of 161mph.

When it's proved that this is impossible, you've suddenly tacked on an extra 20HP to back up your claim, not unreasonable with the modifications you've made. (But which still doesn't add up to the values necessary to achieve what you've quoted for top speed)

Is this going to continue until your car suddenly has the extra 65HP over your initial claim that's required to hit the speed you've indicated?

I would like to get my Subie up to 160. Without the speed limiter, there have been reports it can do 150 stock. Wonder what mods it would take to get it up another 10mph?

Sure, different intake, exaust, accessport could get me over 300hp at the flywheel and maybe that's what it would take. Stock at 243hp, btw.

Then there's bigger turbo's, weight reduction, NOS, ect....

160mph vs. 150mph is an increase of 6.6%, so you'd need (1.066^3) times more power - which is 21.4% or 294hp.

It's nice to know that a $3,000 mod can get me another 10 mph. :D

Ive always said that the EG9 wasnt stock and ive pointed the changes in it. And why the hell you all are experts around here?? mathematic experts and mechanical experts?? I dont think so. Coz otherwise you all knew what youre talking about. You say NO i say YES (and other people too). Your all copying others sayings about mathematics and say its wrong! My mathematics proves im right (its that easy). My maths are in the real world in a real road! I dont have any legal videos when the speed limit around here is 120km/h. Youre trying for me to look like a fool by calling my a liar among other things "indirectly" but im not.

Ive always said that the EG9 wasnt stock and ive pointed the changes in it. And why the hell you all are experts around here?? mathematic experts and mechanical experts?? I dont think so. Coz otherwise you all knew what youre talking about. You say NO i say YES (and other people too). Your all copying others sayings about mathematics and say its wrong! My mathematics proves im right (its that easy). My maths are in the real world in a real road! I dont have any legal videos when the speed limit around here is 120km/h. Youre trying for me to look like a fool by calling my a liar among other things "indirectly" but im not.

If you're driving a 180hp EG Civic hatchback, you're not seeing 161mph on the public road. This has nothing at all to do with opinion, or experts, or thinking. It's physics - you do not have the power required to push the weight of air out of the way at that speed.

There is no argument. And for the very last time - if you're not willing or able to prove what you say, stop saying it. No further warning will be issued.

its not a hatchback eg6 it is a eg9 with 4door. Only have ilegal stuff for evidence LOLOL. Whatever you say man. im out! im tired of your pointless sayings back you up anyway. At least theres one reasonable person around here that really knows the physics and what an honda can do in reality. tnx VXED:tup:

its not a hatchback eg6 it is a eg9 with 4door.

Same frontal area and Cd.

im tired of your pointless sayings back you up anyway.

You can't argue against the universe, no matter how vociferous you are.

At least theres one reasonable person around here that really knows the physics and what an honda can do in reality. tnx VXED:tup:

Sadly the physics backs up everything VEXD said, but nothing you say.

You're entirely failing to see 2 points here horde_r35.

Firstly, I did post that paragraph from the AUP for a reason. :sly:
Your posting style leaves a lot to be desired. Missing capitals & apostrophes all over the place and still continuing to use "txt speek" such as "tnx".
This'll be your last free public warning, the next one will be official.

Secondly, you're not just arguing with someone's mathematics, you're arguing with the whole of Physics in general, right from Isaac Newton through Albert Einstein and to Stephen Hawking and beyond. And what you're suggesting is that somehow they're wrong. Simple observations of the Universe around us suggests otherwise, they're pretty much spot on so far.
As is VEXD. đź‘Ť
The facts that he's posted about his Honda (which I've seen in real life, and is really rather nice) match the facts about his top-speed capabilities, which are again proven by plugging the numbers into the equations that produce a answer that more-or-less exactly matches the possible top-speed of his car versus that which he's achieved.

Plugging your numbers into that very same equation do not come remotely close to what you're claiming.

VEXD has proved that he's got a good grasp of the physics of his car, the capability to build a Honda that does exactly what he says it does and the loving attention to detail to keep that Honda in the spectacularly good condition that it is in today.

Nobody is disputing that you have the Civic, or have performed the mods that you're claiming, there's nothing impossible about that. However, plugging the numbers you've given us into the equations that are known, undisputed facts, (unless Professor horde_r35 would care to enlighten us as to where we've been going wrong all these years), simply don't add up.

It's not a "pointless saying" that you're arguing against here, nor do we have to be mathematics Professors to be able to input numbers into known equations and get an answer.

If your car truly does do 161mph, then it's generating considerably more power than you think it is. Again, that's not impossible.

But claiming 161mph from a 160 - 180HP Civic is, and arguing against the Physical and Mathematical proof of that just because it's presented to by another member here isn't going to make you right whichever way you look at it, unless gravity, air-pressure and wind resistance suddenly begin to obey different physical properties around Lisbon than they do in the rest of the known Universe, or your "speed run" bridge has a gradient of 1 in 1!

Exactly m8 haha!

Famine an EP3 civic (1270kg) with 200hp can do 158mph and you believe the truth in it. But you cant believe that an EG9 VTI civic (1120kg) with less 150kg and (the minor changes - chip, complete exhaust system, filters) probably more 20hp, just cant?? lol

Its just me thinking but... maybe just maybe less weight in a car means more WHP?? How can i provide evidence of a modified car?? showing a speedometer pic??

One thing to keep in mind is that you said your speeds were GPS-backed and not speedometer readings.

I've spat my chinese all over the keyboard a few times now.

You guys are vicious! :dopey:

I will be sending you all the bill for a new Dell dimension qwerty.

Honda-haters!

ROFL

horde_r35, just leave it be.
Doc Brown managed it in the Delorean, we do it everyday in our Hondas.
Just because other people can't bend rules/laws/space-time continuum in their chariots, doesn't mean we have to go ramming The Power Of Dreams down their jealous throats.

Petit chevalier: Thanx for the props man, I've been polishing her today after fitting my new battery and she's still as shiny as you'd expect.

Oh and Pako; if you didn't have 46 inch arms, your scooby's wind resistance would be lower, and you'd do 160 easily.
Forget that $3000 upgrade man, just eat more sugar and exercise less.

:mischievous:đź‘Ť

This thread is ace.

I've spat my chinese all over the keyboard a few times now.

You guys are vicious! :dopey:

I will be sending you all the bill for a new Dell dimension qwerty.

Honda-haters!

ROFL

horde_r35, just leave it be.
Doc Brown managed it in the Delorean, we do it everyday in our Hondas.
Just because other people can't bend rules/laws/space-time continuum in their chariots, doesn't mean we have to go ramming The Power Of Dreams down their jealous throats.

Petit chevalier: Thanx for the props man, I've been polishing her today after fitting my new battery and she's still as shiny as you'd expect.

Oh and Pako; if you didn't have 46 inch arms, your scooby's wind resistance would be lower, and you'd do 160 easily.
Forget that $3000 upgrade man, just eat more sugar and exercise less.

:mischievous:đź‘Ť

This thread is ace.

:lol: I'll work on that! đź‘Ť

See Horde, look at this ruckus you've made. If you wouldn't have mentioned that your video proof was illegal then we never would have known. You totally could have posted it and simply said "Yeah, it was at a legal event", and you never would have had to deal with this argument.

See Horde, look at this ruckus you've made. If you wouldn't have mentioned that your video proof was illegal then we never would have known. You totally could have posted it and simply said "Yeah, it was at a legal event", and you never would have had to deal with this argument.

I think it would be pretty obvious coz the video is on a bridge 17km long and with other six cars there. i dont mind eating popkorn while you all respond LOL. Anyway in case someone didnt noticed im not from UK or USA so errors will happen all the time. Its all good like you guys say lol, coz ill be still going fast and you guys only dreaming of it HAHA. Laters

I think it would be pretty obvious coz the video is on a bridge 17km long and with other six cars there. i dont mind eating popkorn while you all respond LOL. Anyway in case someone didnt noticed im not from UK or USA so errors will happen all the time. Its all good like you guys say lol, coz ill be still going fast and you guys only dreaming of it HAHA. Laters

Yes, because speeding on public roads is something that everyone aspires to. Enjoy crashing at 160 imaginary miles per hour.

I prefer 60-70 real miles per hour around twisty back lanes.

I thought you were out? I just don't know what to believe anymore. :)

For what it's worth, I really wish they had a open salt flat near by to test top speed safely and legally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back