Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't a lot of GPSs keep a top speed Would it be so hard to at least see an image of that, if you still have it?

At least then we will know you did the claimed speeds in something.

Like my cheap-arse V-Box, which keeps top speed in memory and is easy to photograph with no legal impediment, as the top-speed reading doesn't show where or how top speed was attained.

I think it would be pretty obvious coz the video is on a bridge 17km long and with other six cars there. i dont mind eating popkorn while you all respond LOL. Anyway in case someone didnt noticed im not from UK or USA so errors will happen all the time. Its all good like you guys say lol, coz ill be still going fast and you guys only dreaming of it HAHA. Laters

Errors? So Australian kilometers are shorter than ours?

Funny. I thought Australia was one of the two or three places in the world where unrestricted highways are accessible to the public (of course, you probably have to drive a few hundred kays to get there...).

Like my cheap-arse V-Box, which keeps top speed in memory and is easy to photograph with no legal impediment, as the top-speed reading doesn't show where or how top speed was attained.

Funny. I thought Australia was one of the two or three places in the world where unrestricted highways are accessible to the public (of course, you probably have to drive a few hundred kays to get there...).

Maybe i was talking about grammar errors:odd:. And yes ill take a picture one of these days just for you all:tup:

Here, I took a picture for you. ;)
SYMBATOPSPEED.jpg

He couldn't do anything about it even if he did, unless of corse he pulled you over for doing 174mph.

I was kidding... I was just poking fun of the MS paint job.

and I did a very very bad job at it, I know.

You could say you took it with you on a plane or during a ride-along event at a race track.

Just because your GPS, at one point in time, went 174mph means absolutely nothing in a court if it can't be proven that it was in your car, while you were driving, at the time.

I was kidding... I was just poking fun of the MS paint job.

and I did a very very bad job at it, I know.
You did include a ;)

But you are in CA and you all have some crazily strict laws.

Not to take away your fire ceiling_fan, but on a more serious note, I'm getting closer to getting my AccessPort which will take off the speed limiter. Does anyone know of any legal straight aways a guy can test his top speed close to NW Montana?

I dont even live in the states bud, but id say any straightaway with a friend blocking either end is a legal one.

Besides, when you finally peeled your frame out of the car to speak to the cop, what's he gonna look up and say?!?

:mischievous:👍

Not to take away your fire ceiling_fan, but on a more serious note, I'm getting closer to getting my AccessPort which will take off the speed limiter. Does anyone know of any legal straight aways a guy can test his top speed close to NW Montana?

Utah. :dopey:

Oh, best to show top speed in a shot showing the GPS plugged into your car's lighter socket. That shows that the top speed was done in said car, but not where.

Not that I condone speeding on public roads, but I'd suggest asking some of the people you know. I was going to go all the way out to the ocala national forest (basically quite a ways) to try my car out, but it just so happened that my friend knew of a road only a few miles away from his house that enters into literally the middle of nowhere. The road I was on probably had the road traffic of one or two cars a day, and must have been at least 3 miles of just straight road.

Who knows, you might be able to find a road like that if you ask around, just make sure to bring a friend along to go before you and check it out yourself before.

I hope it's not against the AUP to be suggesting this.

Do you know of any abandoned airports?

Or, if you have any small drag or oval tracks in the area many of them often have days where you can pay a fee to take your car out on it.

I know Kentucky Speedway used to do that (since the new management I haven't heard), but I don't know if they require special safety features on your car or not.

Maybe you can make a case to your state legislature to remove speed limits agin. If the Internet is to be believed, that was when Montana had the lowest highway fatality rate.

EDIT: We also have a drag strip around here that occasionally does amateur nights. You would have to actually race someone, but if you aren't concerned with winning and just want to put your car through its paces something like that could work. but having seen the amateur nights and how often it is filled with gold rims, reflective tint, and heavy bass sounds coming from the trunks you may actually win.

Not that I condone speeding on public roads ... I hope it's not against the AUP to be suggesting this.

Not sure where you'd get the idea he's talking about illegal activities (speeding on public roads). Look what he posted again:

Does anyone know of any legal straight aways a guy can test his top speed close to NW Montana?

Not sure where you'd get the idea he's talking about illegal activities (speeding on public roads). Look what he posted again:

I saw what he posted, I was only making a suggestion. If I implied that he was looking for an illegal road to test it on I didn't mean to.

There used to be stretches on the interstate (I-90) where you wouldn't see cars for miles let alone Hiway Patrol. It wasn't uncommon to drive a stretch of road and not see a cop or another car for that matter for 60 miles. Those days have changed. If MT did lift the speed limit again, I still don't think that 140-160 would be considered "safe and prudent" as was the speed law when there wasn't a speed limit posted. This leaves a lot to the interpretation of the arresting officer.

We do have a "small" oval that banks way to high to get a top speed run out of it. It's flat out dangerous. Could be fun.... :)

You could say you took it with you on a plane or during a ride-along event at a race track.

Just because your GPS, at one point in time, went 174mph means absolutely nothing in a court if it can't be proven that it was in your car, while you were driving, at the time.

You did include a ;)

But you are in CA and you all have some crazily strict laws.

My neighbor got a speeding ticket for going 5 over on the highway... Yes he went a rebelious 70mph!

And I thougt you were serious..... ;)
I think my sarcasm detector is broken...

Actually the political "*****" got rid of our last unlimited speed road last year.

Its now 130km/h which is also our fastest road.

Most of our big freeways are only 100km/h or 110km/h.

So when you do a drive such as Sydney to Melbourne it takes a lot of time considering you have over 1000km's to travel.

Now on topic

In the old car(Proton Waja) I hit 175km/h according to google thats 108mph.
Now who said 1.6Lt conservative Econo boxes couldn't go fast. Could have gone quiker since it was still pulling in 5th.

Mx5 Only hit 155Km/h but that was just a quick squirt down the straight at Oran Park.

Doing a proper trackday In june so thats prorably going to be bumbed up a fair bit.

Dont know how fast - needle was off the clock, 5th gear & i reached maximum revs 8700 odd - aparently standard gearbox/ratio's is limited to around 153mph or so and it was in my Honda Civic powered by an Integra Type-r engine!

I got the chance to drive my boss' 2007 Aston Martin DB9 and got her up to 110mph. To get to where he lives you have to go up a rather windy hill and up there and figured hell i'm driving this I might as well push it and used the paddle shifter to drop it into 3rd and punched it and manged to get it up to 110mph in a sweeping left turn before I had to back off because we were about to have to turn into where he lives. It was a pretty awesome feeling, although i'll have to say I do not like the paddle shifters. :indiff: I know it's a pretty bold claim and if you guys don't believe me next time i'm there I can get a picture of it alongside his Porsche Cayman.

I got the chance to drive my boss' 2007 Aston Martin DB9 and got her up to 110mph. To get to where he lives you have to go up a rather windy hill and up there and figured hell i'm driving this I might as well push it and used the paddle shifter to drop it into 3rd and punched it and manged to get it up to 110mph in a sweeping left turn before I had to back off because we were about to have to turn into where he lives. It was a pretty awesome feeling, although i'll have to say I do not like the paddle shifters. :indiff: I know it's a pretty bold claim and if you guys don't believe me next time i'm there I can get a picture of it alongside his Porsche Cayman.

As long as you've been a member here, I don't think anyone has a reason to doubt you. :)

Reventón;3401596
As long as you've been a member here, I don't think anyone has a reason to doubt you. :)

:)

To add a little at the end of the lease he plans to get a DBS and I definitely hope I get a chance to drive that one. :drool:

although i'll have to say I do not like the paddle shifters. :indiff:

What's wrong with paddle shifters? I use them all the time in the VW. I find them to be great fun. Sure, they're no manual gearbox, but it beats rowing the shifter back and forth, both for accessibility and for not looking like a poseur.

EDIT: I also hit a new record of 125 in the GTI, up 5 from last time. The car accelerates very slowly once you get out of fourth...

I had the Celica above 100 MPH the other day, the second or third time that's happened since I bought it. Fastest so far was about 105 MPH on a wet-ish highway (ie, not a good idea), but I've decided it isn't a good idea to push it too hard before I do some fixes on it.

With each 'new' car I've gotten, it's top speed declines... I should stop buying cars!

1 Grand Am - 190 kph
2 Cobalt - 175 kph
3 G6 - 170 kph
4 ??? - 101 kph?

I've had my GTP to 130 mph before the cam and headers. It was pretty much topped out then I think. It could go faster now, but I dont think I'll ever try. Too much risk and too hard on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back