• 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm let me think, its been a while....

220KPH (about 137MPH) in an Audi A8 4.2 Quattro '00... A friend of mine took his dads car for a day and we drove to the autobahn to see what it could do... :) very interesting.. doesnt seem like youre going that fast in that big of a car... sort of starts to float over the road :)

&

240KPH (about 150MPH) sitting next to my brother in his Mercedes SL55 AMG '01 testing it out on the highways here when he first got it... That also scared the crap out of me because that thing just keep accelerating! 500BHP V8 with kompressor... PPPOOOWEEEERRR :)

other than that I havent been faster... :D

184 mph - car (2006 E55 AMG, approx. 610 Horsepower, best mate´s car)

188 mph - bike (2007 Kawa Ninja ZX-10R, approx. 210 Hosepower, mate´s bike)

I might do it again by car, but definitely not by bike,...

Stroker with a GT35R has your name written all over it ;)

Bruce taxi's watched a few of your videos from knockhill great stuff 👍

My evo is fairly standard at the moment what power is yours it looks fast on the track judging by some of the stuff it keeps up with/passes.

Have you tried a top speed run yourself ?

Bruce taxi's watched a few of your videos from knockhill great stuff 👍

My evo is fairly standard at the moment what power is yours it looks fast on the track judging by some of the stuff it keeps up with/passes.

Have you tried a top speed run yourself ?
the evo 5 is around 380,standard evo 7 engine with just an ecu,exhaust and intake, the 7 is a 645 so not too bad for a practical family car.

Cant do top speed runs because the cars arent taxed,mot'd or insure and it has a dog box anyway so its only geared to about 160.

Looking forward to seeing extreme's 6 back at the track they've got it rebuilt now :dopey:

the evo 5 is around 380,standard evo 7 engine with just an ecu,exhaust and intake, the 7 is a 645 so not too bad for a practical family car.

Cant do top speed runs because the cars arent taxed,mot'd or insure and it has a dog box anyway so its only geared to about 160.

Looking forward to seeing extreme's 6 back at the track they've got it rebuilt now :dopey:

wow 645 brake thats awsome :drool:

Evo's never been about top speed anyway its everything else they excel at and like you say practical family car aswell I use mine everyday have done for 4 years its never let me down once great car 👍

wow 645 brake thats awsome :drool:

Evo's never been about top speed anyway its everything else they excel at and like you say practical family car aswell I use mine everyday have done for 4 years its never let me down once great car 👍

just wait till its on race fuel :D 700+bhp but its around £6 a litre :scared:

never let you down? sure its an evo you have? :lol:

just wait till its on race fuel :D 700+bhp but its around £6 a litre :scared:

never let you down? sure its an evo you have? :lol:

£6 a litre I get angry paying £1.08 for V-Power :lol:

Have you tried running a standard one you would be suprised how reliable they are apart from normal wear and tear and service items mines has asked for nothing (touch wood) maybe I just got lucky :D

£6 a litre I get angry paying £1.08 for V-Power :lol:

Have you tried running a standard one you would be suprised how reliable they are apart from normal wear and tear and service items mines has asked for nothing (touch wood) maybe I just got lucky :D

Alex (who owns and runs bruce taxis) doesnt know what standard is :lol: he got the evo 7 on a wednesday,on thursday it was at knockhill then on friday it was at extreme getting a remap,exhaust,intake,stripped and a cage,4 months later it had a stroker kit and a GT35R :lol:

youll need to get yours to knockhill ;)

Alex (who owns and runs bruce taxis) doesnt know what standard is :lol: he got the evo 7 on a wednesday,on thursday it was at knockhill then on friday it was at extreme getting a remap,exhaust,intake,stripped and a cage,4 months later it had a stroker kit and a GT35R :lol:

youll need to get yours to knockhill ;)

Maybe one day its just the tyre bills and wear and tear on the car that puts me off its not so bad if its your toy and not your everyday car :scared:

I used to take an old mark 2 golf gti up which was fine cause I didnt give a **** about it much better that way :)

6f7dq8.jpg

I'm hardcore baby.

Max speed? :P

Mind you I presume the car is a lot more stable at that speed than some of my mates are. A Pug 106 at 100 is just plain scary.

IMG_1739-2.jpg

I tried so hard to get to 120mph in my van...but traffic wasn't allowing it.

Citroen say it'll do 112.

I think they lie. ;)

It's not too bad actually - the engine just gets a bit noisier. Not unbearably, just a sort of nagging growl that says 'I vould really rah-zere you slowed down un petit peu, oui?' Although when I did 87 it sounded like a diesel powered poodle was about to jump out of the dashboard and bite my kneecaps. So I didn't do that again.

JCE
IMG_1739-2.jpg

If you get another chance, try with like 1/4 tank of gas. Less weight, means more POWAHHH!

115 in my civic
145 in my evo8
135 in my E46

all done in the humble highway 1 off the coast of california.

I've never driven over the speed limit....

However, in a CGI animated recreation on a closed course i've done 176.

If you get another chance, try with like 1/4 tank of gas. Less weight, means more POWAHHH!

I have a 20 gallon gas tank, that is quite alot of weight since I just filled up the van on 7/04. :sly: I wonder how much petrol actually weighs per US gallon...

That's 120 pounds I believe... Think of the weight savings! And the mpgs! And the 1/4 mile times. 100 pounds is .1 seconds lol

Get out the tape and get rid of any hard angles like they did to the Ford Transit on Top Gear. ;)

JCE
IMG_1739-2.jpg

👍 You are my hero for trying to top out the van. IDK if I have ever posted in this thread, but I have had the Prelude up to around 145mph with about ~200RPM to go in 5th gear. :scared:

~6lbs a Gallon.

Thanks. :D

That's 120 pounds I believe... Think of the weight savings! And the mpgs! And the 1/4 mile times. 100 pounds is .1 seconds lol

lol So my van is faster on an empty tank? That's a good TopGear top tip ladies and gentlemen! :lol:

Get out the tape and get rid of any hard angles like they did to the Ford Transit on Top Gear. ;)

If it doesn't ruin my paintwork. :D

👍 You are my hero for trying to top out the van.

Thanks, what else would an almost 30-year old man going on 8-years old do? :sly:

128 ounces / 16 = 8lbs.
There is a difference between volume (fluid) ounces and weight ounces.

EDIT: I should also note that as he is in Australia he may not be using US fluid ounces either.

JCE
Thanks, what else would an almost 30-year old man going on 8-years old do? :sly:

One can only imagine what you did back when you owned your Police Interceptor!:lol: Ever thought about getting another one?

One can only imagine what you did back when you owned your Police Interceptor!:lol: Ever thought about getting another one?
He could get one cheap, but I'd pass on any Dallas-based units. They beat the hell out of them down here. :ouch:

I would but I really really really want an '06-08 Mustang GT convertable.

He could get one cheap, but I'd pass on any Dallas-based units. They beat the hell out of them down here. :ouch:

I'd grab a Lewisville or Plano P71, they turn over their cars with less mileage and do a little better maintenance than Dallas or Ft. Worth. :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back