Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... borrowed the family CR-V a while ago, and was mildly disappointed.

2.4 AWD with a 5-speed AT and it only got to about 190 km/h (about 120 mph)... that's pretty weak... considering my Protege can hit between 140-145 mph with the same horsepower. (about 170-180 hp).

Of course, my Protege redlines at around 145 mph, where the CR-V is only doing about 5000 rpm at its top speed... :lol:

Fastest i've been in my GTS-4 Skyline is 180 km/h (hit the speed limiter) and fastest i've been in my Skyline GTS is about 140 km/h passing a truck. No real desire to lose my licence, car, or life to test top speeds anymore.

I once drove a Qvale Mangusta for a lovely long easter weekend and its 320hp brought me well over 200kph, I think around 230. Best fun, tho, was to do the roof off and cruise around at a much slower speed :cool:

I went at 91mph in my Ford Ka trying to overtake a German Coach Bus.
It felt like the thing was going to explode, Lots of fun though.

Fastest I have been in any car is 130mph in a 2002 S-Class. I've never known a car to be so silent and smooth at speeds like that! Shame it belonged to my cousin who crashed it into a wall after he was at the pub.
I wonder what the Ka 1.6 can do ....

Last edited:
Since my run in with the law I haven't done much speeding and don't really plan too but some of my records if I recall are...

-134mph in my gti 3 times over 2 years (thats the stock limiter without an ecu chip)
-125mph in a 1997 turbocharged vr6 gti running 18psi which got there quite quickly I might add
-120mph in my friends 98 z28 (with top down :)) also have been sitting shotty in this beast for a 160mph run, that was wild!
-110~mph in my dads Suzuki Xl-7 a few years back, a 2010 mustang gt on a test drive :)

Anything below 110 isn't that special so I wont bother list them

Last edited:
Hmmm... borrowed the family CR-V a while ago, and was mildly disappointed.

2.4 AWD with a 5-speed AT and it only got to about 190 km/h (about 120 mph)... that's pretty weak... considering my Protege can hit between 140-145 mph with the same horsepower. (about 170-180 hp).

Of course, my Protege redlines at around 145 mph, where the CR-V is only doing about 5000 rpm at its top speed... :lol:

haha.. the drag might have something to do with it...:dopey:
And may have higher drivetrain losses.....

Plus who'd wanna travel faster than that in a CR-V!!!! 💡

haha.. the drag might have something to do with it...:dopey:
And may have higher drivetrain losses.....

It was a limiter. The car pulled smoothly and quickly up to the top speed... it just didn't want to go past it.

Plus who'd wanna travel faster than that in a CR-V!!!! 💡

You never know. You might get invited to the Texas mile. The speed limiter means, though, that power modifications would be kind of pointless on this car.

Other mods, though... with my mother putting about 30,000 miles a year on it, I'm thinking of giving her a propane kit as a gift.... in exchange for getting use of the car about once a week.

Last edited:
180kph (111mph) in The Cereal Box (R31 Skyline, 3.0L inline-6, 155hp).

Still had a bit to give really but I ran out of road. My mate who has the Silhouette version of the R31 with the 5-speed manual (Cereal Box has a 4-speed auto) said (not that I believe him until I see it of course) that he got up to 200kph and it was still building speed. The speedo only goes to 200.

215 km/h on the German Autobahn nearby, hope I converted correctly for the Poll.

Not bad for a Diesel, was not at the limit, but traffic did not permit to go faster.

180kph (111mph) in The Cereal Box (R31 Skyline, 3.0L inline-6, 155hp).

Still had a bit to give really but I ran out of road. My mate who has the Silhouette version of the R31 with the 5-speed manual (Cereal Box has a 4-speed auto) said (not that I believe him until I see it of course) that he got up to 200kph and it was still building speed. The speedo only goes to 200.

The carb'd cars don't have the Japanese limiter, I suppose?

carb'd?

And no it doesn't have a speed limiter from what I remember. The RB30 was an engine solely made for Australian cars. In the case of the RB30E(T), the Holden VL Commodore and the R31 Skyline.

Last edited:
carb'd?

And no it doesn't have a speed limiter from what I remember. The RB30 was an engine solely made for Australian cars. In the case of the RB30E(T), the Holden VL Commodore and the R31 Skyline.

Carbureted. Yeah.. not really familiar with the RB30... it's something you hear about, but don't see as often as the ubiquitous RB20s, 25s and 26s.

A lot of people put the DOHC heads from an RB25 on an RB30, but no, no Australian model Skylines were ever speed limited.

I saw an R31 with Silhouette and GTS badging on the other day. The body kit and spoiler all looked very factory, was that some ultra special model?

Edit 2: Actually it looked a lot like a GTS2 R31, which is indeed very rare and more powerful than stock. Interesting........

Last edited:
There were multiple limited edition models of the R31.

The Silhouette was essentially the top-spec non-LM model of the R31. It went GX, GXE, Ti then Silhouette. The Silhouette had a limited-slip diff and a 5-speed manual.

In 1988 the GTS1 was made as a limited edition based on the Silhouette. 200 were made, all were white and had a factory body kit and spoiler along with 11-spoke 16" power-white mags, stage 1 camshaft, extractors, 2.25" exhaust and oil cooler. They were only made with the 5-speed manual transmission.

Then in 1989 the GTS2 was made. As with the GTS1 only 200 were built, but these were all red. 97 came with the 5-speed manual, the other 103 came with the 4-speed auto. Quoting from r31skylineclub.com on the features:

r31skylineclub
Stage 3 camshaft, original ECU piggy backed to run ignition timing for camshaft, ported exhaust ports, extractors, 2.5' exhaust, oil cooler and auxiliary auto transmission cooler.

So yeah, the GTS was a limited run. I think along the line there was a GTS-R and a GTS-X made but I don't know much about either of those.

The GTS-R was a Japanese model in coupe form with an RB20DET made for homolgation to Group A touring cars. Since all GTS2s were red, it was one of them I saw the other day. The pictures I've seen look the same. Either that or someone went to extensive lengths to make it look like a GTS2, badging included.

Approx 250kmh (so 155mph), too scared to look at the end of the straight at Sandown raceway in Victoria!

But looked across when I had Paul Stokell driving and he was doing 260kmh before he was braking! (161mph)

Been at just over 150mph in the passenger seat of an Ultima GTR 720 on a dual-carriageway near the NEC. I'll never forget it, that car was mind-bendingly fast. I can still remember the roar of the small-block Chevy engine.

147 indicated on the clocks of my st170.
155 on the limiter in my now ex bosses SL55amg.
162 on gps as a passenger in my mates sierra RS500.

126mph, really a miracle considering the car I was driving. Tail-wind, and a down-hill gradients were present :)

The fastest I've ever been in a car was 135mph, in a borrowed TVR, but my dad was driving :D

I believe I accidentally managed 100~ according to the sat nav a few months ago. Wasn't terribly pleasant.

I surprised a woman on the M5 at the weekend by passing her doing 100 on the satnav. She tried to speed up when I indicated to overtake her at 70, so I put my foot downand it turns out the little car's got more power than I imagined. :lol: It's only supposed to do 99mph according to the spec sheet!

138mph in a Pontiac Bonneville (speed limiter)
145mph in a Chrysler Conquest (scary enough) it had some left though.
Those were both me driving but as a passenger the fastest was in my uncles 1972 Corvette with a 454 was 160ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back