• 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
O. Lawdy
FIAGT3Logo-1.gif

FIA GT3 League – Season 1 Europe

I’d like to organize an online championship in the image of the FIA GT3. This is to be a clean racing series for mature drivers. Because of the limitations of GT5, we’ll have to improvise some things to make this series as close to the real world as possible. In order to have the most cars present from the 2011 GT3 roster, I have decided that each car should come new from the dealership (UCD for the RUF) and be modified using the GT Auto aerodynamics and Tune Shop.

Regulations:
Vehicle type eligibility:
For a vehicle to be eligible in the Championship, it must be officially homologated by the organizer.
Compliance with regulations:
The car entered must conform strictly to its technical form; it is the duty of each driver to ensure the car complies with all regulations. The Organizer or a majority vote may make changes to the Technical Form at any time to preserve the balance of performance. This would include changes to weight, engine restrictions, suspension settings or tire choice.

Cars:
AutoLogos.jpg

I’d like to start this championship with the homologated cars as listed on the FIA website.

http://gt3europe.com/cars.php

Because of inconsistencies in horsepower, torque and weight; each car has been given a handicap over or under the FIA regulations so that each platform may be competitive. Just like the FIA GT3, cars found to be superior may be subject to additional horsepower or weight restrictions with changes to the vehicles Technical Form. Cars demonstrating a lower competition level than others may petition for increasing the overall performance of the platform.

Eligible cars:

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ‘09
TechnicalForm-AstonMartinv2.jpg

Audi R8 5.2 FSI ‘09
TechnicalForm-Audiv2.jpg

BMW M3 Coupe ‘07 (In place of the BMW Alpina B6 GT3)
TechnicalForm-BMWM3v2.jpg

BMW Z4
TechnicalForm-BMWZ4v2.jpg

Corvette Z06 ‘ 06
TechnicalForm-Corvettev2-1.jpg

Ferrari 430 Scuderia ‘07
TechnicalForm-Ferrariv2.jpg

Ford GT ‘06
TechnicalForm-FordGTv2.jpg

Ford Mustang GT ‘07
TechnicalForm-FordMustangv2.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo ‘08
TechnicalForm-Lamborghiniv2.jpg

RUF RGT ‘00 (In place of the Porsche 997 GT3)
TechnicalForm-RUFv21.jpg

Tuning:
No unauthorized parts or tuning is allowed. If it is found that the vehicle has additional parts, installed or not, or any changes have been made to tunable parts, will be grounds for immediate disqualification from the race and all future races until the vehicle has been inspected by the Organizer and found to be within the regulations as listed in the vehicles Technical Form. Any blatant disregard for the Technical Form or drivers found to be intentionally cheating will be expelled permantely from the championship.

Future Homologation:
Depending on interest, I would eventually like to add a number of models in Gran Turismo 5 to our own “unofficial homologation” to bring more variety to future championships. The Dodge Viper, Jaguar XKR and Lotus Exige already have homologation regulations set from years past. The Mercedes SLS GT3 should complete FIA homologation before the actual season kicks off in May. Other models such as the Ferrari 458, Lexus LFA, McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and Nissan GTR would be nice to see in the pack.

Race Rules:
All participants must follow and be familiar with the GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Penalties:
Hopefully this will not be an issue, but penalties will be issued if the situation dictates. The organizer will save each races replay, if there is an issue, the organizer or stewart will review the replay and make the call.
Stop-Go Penalty +25 seconds to final time

Qualifying:
Qualifying will begin at 15:30PST (UTC-7). Qualifying will be 20 minute open session. Qualifying expires at 15:50PST (UTC-7), all cars shall exit the track immediately. Best lap times will be recorded by the organizer exactly at 15:50PST (UTC-7). Once you are finished qualifying, park off the main track, or exit to the pits and wait for all qualifying to finish. *Do not leave the track after you have qualified.

Race Procedure:
We will use the standing start with false start check. We will begin each race with a warm up/formation lap. The pole sitting car shall lead the warm up/formation lap at 50mph, all cars are to stay in their repective qualification spots. As the pole position passes the start/finish line we will go to a green flag. Each race will be 30 minutes or the equivalent number of laps. There will be a 5 minute intermission after race 1, then we will begin race 2.

There is a 1 pit stop minimum per race. No driver shall pit on the final lap.
Compensation Times:
Compensation times will be assessed for the top three finishers. The times will be added to the following race’s total time.
1st - +7.5 Seconds
2nd - +5 Seconds
3rd - +2.5 Seconds

Point System:
We will use the GT3 point system format for both Drivers and Manufacturers.
1st - 25pts
2nd - 18pts
3rd - 15pts
4th - 12pts
5th - 10pts
6th - 8pts
7th - 6pts
8th - 4pts
9th – 2pts
10th – 1 pt

Points will also be awarded for the top six qualifying times.
1st – 8 pts
2nd – 6 pts
3rd – 4 pts
4th - 3 pts
5th - 2 pts
6th - 1 pt

The two lowest results will be dropped for each driver at the conclusion of the season. After each session, the Organizer will post all race results. At the conclusion of the season two championships will be awarded one for Drivers and one for Manufacturers.

Awards:
The Championship winning driver will receive a “Ferrari Fxx,” tuned by RKM Motorsports Kyle M
The Championship winning manufacturers will each receive a “Mercedes SLS GT3”

To keep variety in the field, only three representations of any one marquee will be allowed. Teams will choose their vehicle at the beginning of championship and must keep that vehicle throughout the season.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Race Schedule:
Saturdays @ 15:30PM PST

Exhibition Race - Sat. April 2 @ 15:30PST (UTC-7)
ExhibitionRaceTokyo.jpg

Round 1. Monza Race 1 – 30 min Race 2 – 30 min Sat. April 9 @ 15:30PST (UTC-7)
Round 2. Circuito de Madrid Race 1 – 30 min Race 2 – 30 min Sat. April 16 @ 15:30PST (UTC-7)
Round 3. Nurburgring GP/F Race 1 – 30 min Race 2 – 30 min Sat. April 23 April 30 @ 15:30PST (UTC-7)
Round 4. Rome Race 1 – 30 min Race 2 – 30 min Sat. April 30 June 4 @ 15:30PST (UTC-7)
Round 5. Grand Valley Race 1 – 30 min Race 2 – 30 min Sat. May 7 June 11 @ 15:30PST (UTC-7)
Round 6. Circuit de Sarthe Race 1 – 30 min Race 2 – 30 min Sat. May 14 June 18 @ 15:30PST (UTC-7)

Last edited:
Hello, I like your proposal; I will follow this thread to see if more people gets interested.

PSN DiegoC1980

I thought FIA GT3 only allowed rear wheel drive?Nice thread though,looks very legit and formal.👍

I thought FIA GT3 only allowed rear wheel drive?Nice thread though,looks very legit and formal.👍

Thank you. Hope more are interested so we can kick it off.

True. Both the Audi and Lambo are set at 10/90 to try to stay within the rules. The Audi still has the 4WD "feel." Just come charging in too hot, blast the rear end around and stomp on the throttle. But, you'll run out of tires real fast trying to maintain that style.

Last edited:
All technical forms are complete, just need to convert and host the files to put into the OP.

Just waiting for some additional members to sign up.

Damn, i love GT racing...but Tuesday/Thursday sadly doesn't work for me. Good job with setting it up though, very professional 👍

I think the races work better if we do them at saturdays afternoon or night so everybody can join us.

DiegoC1980

I think the races work better if we do them at saturdays afternoon or night so everybody can join us.

DiegoC1980

If Saturdays work for everyone, let's do it. Update in the OP. Post the car and color you'd like and I'll confirm you on the sign up sheet.

Remember guys, there is the driver's and manufacturer's championship up for grabs. So, you may have two "team mates" driving for the same make.

If my viper acr-x race series fails to generate interest,may I homologate my Viper acr? :D
I can reduce it to;
600hp,1420kg.
Currently equipped with;
Carbon hood
Weight reduction (~100kg to 1420kg)
Rigidity enforcement
Race intake
Full sport exhaust
Fully customisable gearbox
1st;2.667
2nd;1.780
3rd;1.300
4th;1.000
5th;0.800
6th;0.607
final drive;3.700
Race hard tyres

Last edited:
id be interested in "homoligating" the 458 for online play

For this first run, I'd like to stay with the 10 current models in the real world FIA GT3. If interest is there for a second season, we can open up to models not in the real series.

If my viper acr-x race series fails to generate interest,may I homologate my Viper acr? :D
I can reduce it to;
600hp,1420kg.
Currently equipped with;
Carbon hood
Weight reduction (~100kg to 1420kg)
Rigidity enforcement
Race intake
Full sport exhaust
Fully customisable gearbox
1st;2.667
2nd;1.780
3rd;1.300
4th;1.000
5th;0.800
6th;0.607
final drive;3.700
Race hard tyres

Let's stay with the 10 models in the OP.

That said, I have the performance numbers for the homologated Viper @
520 HP
538 Ft Ibs.
1,315 KG

Not sure where or if that information is accurate, though. What I've done with "homologating" other models is try to match horsepower, torque and weight and start on race mediums. Then tweak from there. For major advantages or disadvantages, change the tire type. To make up for a couple tenths, dial in some aero or suspension.

Hope you'd still be interested in joining up, lots of spots to fill yet.

This looks like it could be an interesting series. 👍

I'd like to join.

Car: BMW M3

Last edited:
CAR: Ferrari 430 Scuderia
GTP: HKS racer
PSN: GTClub_Thunder

Interested to join but i'm GMT+1. It sounds professional but how do you think to police all those specs? By receiving the car after the race by all the partecipants?
It might work but the hp value isn't static in the game. It might change after a race expecially with new cars, about 2 or 3 hp. AND most important, someone can eventually cheat you, sending you a "clone car" that respect your specs and race with a different one. I'm not saying everybody will do this but I think we'll need a way to prevent this kind of situations, maybe PP system ?

Last edited:
Let's stay with the 10 models in the OP.

That said, I have the performance numbers for the homologated Viper @
520 HP
538 Ft Ibs.
1,315 KG

Not sure where or if that information is accurate, though. What I've done with "homologating" other models is try to match horsepower, torque and weight and start on race mediums. Then tweak from there. For major advantages or disadvantages, change the tire type. To make up for a couple tenths, dial in some aero or suspension.

Hope you'd still be interested in joining up, lots of spots to fill yet.

Well I am interested,but do think about the Viper.It has been race proven and is a great car.If not I'll have to change to a Z4M.

Very cool. Sign me up:
GTP: MajikTom
PSN: MajikTom
Vehicle: GTR

Edit:
Actually, after some more thought, I'm really getting turned on by this endeavor. Following some engagement with MtBeR4Life, we would really like to run the GTRs together (Nissan needs to represent!) and I think we can coax xAmilliOn into rounding off our team. So I put together a table of all the FIA cars with their GT5 equivalent HP, Torque, Weight and Power Points (per MyGranTurismo.net) to get an idea as to which GTR would be appropriate:

gt3car10.jpg

As expected, the '09 SpecV seemed to be the best match. So we bought an Audi 5.2 FSI (which seemed to be the closest match) and an 09 GTR and ran them fully stock with Sport softies at Grand Valley for 15 laps. Barring my occasional overzealous wall painting, and an instance of lawn mowing, they were a pretty even. We are going to finish breaking them in and do some more testing tomorrow at around 2pm GMT -6 in my Lounge.

I have to ask, how much testing have you done with all these cars? It looks like there will have to be some considerable tweaking of many cars to level the field. I will PM you with some more thoughts, however, again, we are very interested in running the GTR team. I'm getting excited, :drool:

Last edited:
CAR: Ferrari 430 Scuderia
GTP: HKS racer
PSN: GTClub_Thunder

Interested to join but i'm GMT+1. It sounds professional but how do you think to police all those specs? By receiving the car after the race by all the partecipants?
It might work but the hp value isn't static in the game. It might change after a race expecially with new cars, about 2 or 3 hp. AND most important, someone can eventually cheat you, sending you a "clone car" that respect your specs and race with a different one. I'm not saying everybody will do this but I think we'll need a way to prevent this kind of situations, maybe PP system ?

You are very right HKS, getting all the drivers to follow the technical form is going to be a challenge. For those that have to cheat to be competitive, well, they need not apply. Does this forum have a "wall of shame," or something of the like for drivers that are less than honost? For everyone else, its just a matter of double and triple checking the Technical Form and your vehicle's settings to make sure they are in compliance.

I will save and review the replays on each race. Anything out of place will be questioned and challenged if need be.

Well I am interested,but do think about the Viper.It has been race proven and is a great car.If not I'll have to change to a Z4M.

We'll get the Viper in for next season.

The Z4 is an excellent car in its "GT3" form. But will warn you, on faster tracks it is the slowest in the field.

Very cool. Sign me up:
GTP: MajikTom
PSN: MajikTom
Vehicle: GTR

Edit:
Actually, after some more thought, I'm really getting turned on by this endeavor. Following some engagement with MtBeR4Life, we would really like to run the GTRs together (Nissan needs to represent!) and I think we can coax xAmilliOn into rounding off our team. So I put together a table of all the FIA cars with their GT5 equivalent HP, Torque, Weight and Power Points (per MyGranTurismo.net) to get an idea as to which GTR would be appropriate:

gt3car10.jpg

As expected, the '09 SpecV seemed to be the best match. So we bought an Audi 5.2 FSI (which seemed to be the closest match) and an 09 GTR and ran them fully stock with Sport softies at Grand Valley for 15 laps. Barring my occasional overzealous wall painting, and an instance of lawn mowing, they were a pretty even. We are going to finish breaking them in and do some more testing tomorrow at around 2pm GMT -6 in my Lounge.

I have to ask, how much testing have you done with all these cars? It looks like there will have to be some considerable tweaking of many cars to level the field. I will PM you with some more thoughts, however, again, we are very interested in running the GTR team. I'm getting excited, :drool:

Thanks for your interest. For this first season, I'd like to stick with the original 10 cars in the OP. But, I'd love to see a GT-R in season 2.

Just FYI. All the cars I have homologated run high 54's low 55's at Grand Valley.

We'll get the Viper in for next season.

The Z4 is an excellent car in its "GT3" form. But will warn you, on faster tracks it is the slowest in the field.

Actually im thinking either Z4M,corvette or Mustang (cos it seems new to me).

Last edited:
I would really like to come into this championship however I notice that the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 is missing!

I know its not in the starting line up for this season however the car has been made and is being tested and would be greatful if you could include this car.

10c28513.jpg

I would really like to come into this championship however I notice that the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 is missing!

I know its not in the starting line up for this season however the car has been made and is being tested and would be greatful if you could include this car.

It will be available in season 2. The SLS GT3 are also the award cars for the Manufacturers Championship. Sign up and you could win one for next season.

I don't think I will register, but I will try to help out with the homologations for the cars and such, for next season.

EDIT: I'm testing out a Jaguar XK right now...

Last edited:
Sounds like a good series. I am definitely interested. I would like to try the Ford Mustang GT ‘07. It would be nice to have the races about an hour earlier. Saturday is perfect for my schedule.👍

PSN = IndyRacer55

You are very right HKS, getting all the drivers to follow the technical form is going to be a challenge. For those that have to cheat to be competitive, well, they need not apply. Does this forum have a "wall of shame," or something of the like for drivers that are less than honost? For everyone else, its just a matter of double and triple checking the Technical Form and your vehicle's settings to make sure they are in compliance.

I will save and review the replays on each race. Anything out of place will be questioned and challenged if need be.

Yes I think there is something like that somewhere maybe ask to Moderators. I have another question are you trying to tune your cars online? If you are running offline in practice mode, once you go online, things could be different. GT5 have about 3 different online physics you can see them in the main menu customizing the lobby room. Usually I use "standard" online physics.

Back