FIRST OFFICIAL FACT SHEET - 32 players in Private Lobbies???

• Thread starter amar212
  • 150 comments
Fantastic!! Thanks for posting this one Amar.

"wear that reflect the driver&#8217;s treatment of the car." << :lol: I like the sound of that one.

Lan is 4 players with 4 ps3s (i think) while on 1 PS3 split-screen allows only 2 players

The text says 2 player split-screen.

LAN mode - still not mentioned :nervous: - would feature 16 players like the online mode.

An explanation for 4 local players would be a "hot seat" mode.

I'm no so sure about that, MA3LK - if you count up the circuits that we know and count the variations within those circuits, it comes up short. For example, we know that Top Gear (1 variation) is in, Toscana (1 variation) is in, London (2 variations) is in, Eiger (2 variations) is in and Madrid (1 variation) is in. That's five circuits (25% of the total) with just seven layouts (10% of the total). That means the remaining fifteen circuits need to have sixty layouts among them, or four variations each. We already know that doesn't work, because there's the Nurburgring (3 variations), La Sarthe (2 variations), Rome (1 variation), Daytona (2 variations) and Indy (2 variation). So that's half the locations accounted for, but only seveneen layouts. So the remaining ten circuits need to have fifty-three variations. The numbers just don't add up.

Yea i understand what you are saying, but when someone says more than 20 tracks, you can take that as less than 25 tracks. The word "track" is pretty specific i think. Yea i dont know. We will find out at GamesCom in August.

The text says 2 player split-screen.

LAN mode - still not mentioned :nervous: - would feature 16 players like the online mode.

An explanation for 4 local players would be a "hot seat" mode.

I don't think it would be possible to LAN 16 players without a dedicated server.

You can also take it as more than twenty-five.

I think they would have gone for 25 rather than 20 then.

Lan is 4 players with 4 ps3s (i think) while on 1 PS3 split-screen allows only 2 players

Well an option is they allowed a 4 players split screen. I have a projector and also the ones with a big TV screen may be interested into.
At least I hope so , I would really enjoy playing with 3 friends in the same room!

Well an option is they allowed a 4 players split screen.

Split-screen is 2 players according to the fact sheet:
Arcade mode lets players take in the stunning tracks and environments of
Gran Turismo 5 alone or with a friend in split-screen two-player mode.
There must be something else, probably the same as in private lobbies:
2x2=4, 2x16=32

I'm so hyped. Caffeine overdose plus E3 plus GT5 Release date plus all this new information. I think I'm turning fanboy soon! :embarrassed:

Thanks GTplanet for at least trying to satisfy my dirty needs! :D

I like the idea of upto 32 players in a lobby, with a maximum of 16 racing (while the others can watch). For endurance races it opens up the opportunity to switch drivers during pitstops (one of the spectators takes the place of one of the racers). 👍

The potential for online GTP championships is vast! After the completion of each race a video from each drivers perspective can be uploaded to GTP where by it is scrutinized by nominated GTP race officials as well as the potential to have 16 race officials watching the race online in real-time who could potentially dish out real time penalties for drivers with bad race etiquette via the in game voice chat or live message.

Also using the replay perspective of each driver during a race, a great video of all the action could be edited and uploaded for all to see!! WOW!!

I wonder what the modes/admins have in mind in the way of official GTP competition/Championships?????

Can't Wait!!

Maybe it has to do with the Spectating mode??? I read that in the Eurogamer article... I can imagine that 16 cars will be on track and the extra spaces are for people spectating the race...

Edit: Nevermind... I see its been mentioned already...

The potential for online GTP championships is vast! After the completion of each race a video from each drivers perspective can be uploaded to GTP where by it is scrutinized by nominated GTP race officials as well as the potential to have 16 race officials watching the race online in real-time who could potentially dish out real time penalties for drivers with bad race etiquette via the in game voice chat or live message.

Also using the replay perspective of each driver during a race, a great video of all the action could be edited and uploaded for all to see!! WOW!!

I wonder what the modes/admins have in mind in the way of official GTP competition/Championships?????

Can't Wait!!

:D

GTP events would be class... but what if PD/Sony held online events as well? There could be one giant GT5 World Championship :dopey:

I'm no so sure about that, MA3LK - if you count up the circuits that we know and count the variations within those circuits, it comes up short. For example, we know that Top Gear (1 variation) is in, Toscana (1 variation) is in, London (2 variations) is in, Eiger (2 variations) is in and Madrid (1 variation) is in. That's five circuits (25% of the total) with just seven layouts (10% of the total). That means the remaining fifteen circuits need to have sixty layouts among them, or four variations each. We already know that doesn't work, because there's the Nurburgring (3 variations), La Sarthe (2 variations), Rome (1 variation), Daytona (2 variations) and Indy (2 variation). So that's half the locations accounted for, but only seveneen layouts. So the remaining ten circuits need to have fifty-three variations. The numbers just don't add up.

You can get 53 variations. Just wait for PD to announce Paul Ricard in the game :P

Seriously speaking, you are right there 'ludes, we will have a fair amount more than 20 circuits.

Split-screen is 2 players according to the fact sheet:

There must be something else, probably the same as in private lobbies:
2x2=4, 2x16=32

Yep. I missed that. So it is again a kind of a mistery,.
There is such an invasion of new information that I am starting to understand why K.Yamauchi is saying that it is really difficult to describe the whole thing...

Oh boy, just when I thought we got the cockpits thing figured out, they shove the 20 tracks thing back down our throats. Is it really possible to have 70 variations of 20 tracks?? :grumpy:

On a bright note, 32 player lobbies sounds awesome. Having people being able to sit out races and just watch and chat seems pretty sweet.

Can't Wait!!

you wil be able to save replays of online races anyway

Nothing about the livery editor...
It's not the main feature of the game but it would be nice if it's in the final game.

Nothing about the livery editor...
It's not the main feature of the game but it would be nice if it's in the final game.

Do you really want to race online with people that have giant penises painted on their cars? I know I don't.

Thank you Amar for posting this.

I was checking Japanese and US GT page for some official info but there wasn't any.

Tracks thing (and the sheet in overall) looks quite similar to that info posted on Japanese site - a year ago was it ?

Little comment:

So the SCEA is the publisher not the SCEJ ? (or is it just for the US ?)

Notice how they don't say anything about the cockpit view.

However they point that "will feature adaptive and accurate body deformation and performance damage based on point of impact and velocity (on select vehicles)."

Too bad they hadn't had more time to implement more tracks, I'm afraid some aspects of the game will get boring very soon.

No info on auctions or region specific cars but I guess these were just made up or we will need to wait for coming months.

I hope these 32 players could be "split" the way we players would like - 8x4 4x8 2x16 10x3 (last one for endurance races) - I'm already wondering if it will possible to quit the lobby for the time other 2 races play (lets say 3h + 3h), turn off your overheating PS3, come back few minutes before your "shift" and finally start driving when the time comes ?

Good thing PSP cars are only transportable to Arcade mode.

PS. I hope they change that prologue "before race" music for the final game - I can't stand it any more (it was present at E3 clips)

Holy 🤬 🤬! Racing championships include NASCAR, WRC, Super GT and more? God (read: Kazunori Yamauchi) only knows what that means. The bit about tuning interests me the most, I really want to get creative with some of my rides. Although it will have its downsides, that being a load of chavs online in classic cars with crappy body kits (though personally I'd love to be able to take the piss out of them).

Although it will have its downsides, that being a load of chavs online in classic cars with crappy body kits (though personally I'd love to be able to take the piss out of them).

Ah, it'd be a good larf. For good clean racing, I'd either go offline or to a GTP room/lobby/lounge/whatever. But for funsies, I'd go public... I wouldn't really care too much about those races.

Of course, I wouldn't be a punter, but it'd just be a fun race. This guy does the same thing with Forza... when he wants clean, proper racing, he just goes into rooms he knows. But when he wants a bit of fun with spins and crashes and stuff, he goes public, where all the ten year olds hang out :P

3:02 :lol::lol::lol:

Back