FIRST OFFICIAL FACT SHEET - 32 players in Private Lobbies???

• Thread starter amar212
  • 150 comments
They talk about the real crash damage being on select models, but do not say that when talking about head tracking.

Since they did not say that head tracking will be on select cars, than that could mean that all of them have it and all have a cockpit view. 👍👍

Ive seen some motion simulators that dont have all the big crazy movements but just enough. I would buy one in a heart beat if GT5 had support for this.

That would make it the ultimate racing sim ever period.

Agreed . A decent G force simulation would be the cherry on top. Probably much more than that 👍

· PlayStation Eye camera features that add a new level of detail to the game, including face tracking for looking around the interior of vehicles while in the interior dash view.

I like how this one doesnt say "on selected models".
Could be it means cockpit view on all cars. :nervous: :):):):)

Thanls for this info. Im all hyped up.

That's all nice.
16 players on track ? Hell yeah.
1000 cars ? Bring it on.

but I'm still wondering what the 20 locations and 70 variation mean.

32 people so 2 races can coincide within one larger gorup.
or, what is better..

Stewards can sit in and watch the race! Heaven!
(sorry for any possible redundancy, I have been away for a few days and I couldn't possibly read all the post in all the threads, although I read all of page 1!)

Guys, was this fact sheet officially published somewhere as I expected?
I am curious to see if they updated it, maybe clarifying the :
Players: 1 – 4 Local, up to 16 online
sentence (as well as other things that were not totally clear

I wonder if the online will have damage. If it does I also wonder if it will have the ability to set damage to realistic, cosmetic, or ghost. Lots of questions.
Maybe have some lobbies with damage and some without for different types of racing. This is going to need a LOT of options. Hopefully we have control of our lobbies and can kick out those that are a pain.

This I agree with, just I hate those kick options, if you (don't) want to play with certain people you should have a private race IMO.

As for the 32 player lobby, that sounds very much like driver swap for 24 hour races... very good idea, but I see chaos. :nervous:

frankwer
Why only 16 players online? rFactor supports 50++ and that is a 5 years old game.

And this games 5 years old too. Sorry bad joke.

I don't think you will get anywhere near 50 on track this gen.
Maybe using all standard cars things might change regarding grid numbers.
Certainly if 24 online was applicable to standard cars it would go someway to ease the pain of no cockpit.
Would certainly give an added incentive for these models.

Fingers crossed.

First thing that comes to mind is that 32 player lobbies 16 racing feature is some sort of way to switch drivers during the race, for an instance, in the 24 hours races ... (; That's would be awesome, and would let friends form their own racing teams. I must come up with a name. Team Awesome ? :P

I wonder if the online will have damage. If it does I also wonder if it will have the ability to set damage to realistic, cosmetic, or ghost. Lots of questions.
Maybe have some lobbies with damage and some without for different types of racing. This is going to need a LOT of options. Hopefully we have control of our lobbies and can kick out those that are a pain.
This I agree with, just I hate those kick options, if you (don't) want to play with certain people you should have a private race IMO.
I have been playing just about anything you can imagine online on multiple consoles for at least 9 years and all with other players. I dont mind joining other players at all. But if you have played online you know there are a few bad apples out there. Racist, vulgar, or just plain mean. People dont want to deal with other players like that. Plus what if you get a player that only wants to drive dirty. A kick option is mandatory or at least a vote system to get rid of a player. Instant mute button would also be nice.

I have been playing just about anything you can imagine online on multiple consoles for at least 9 years and all with other players. I dont mind joining other players at all. But if you have played online you know there are a few bad apples out there. Racist, vulgar, or just plain mean. People dont want to deal with other players like that. Plus what if you get a player that only wants to drive dirty. A kick option is mandatory or at least a vote system to get rid of a player. Instant mute button would also be nice.

Yup, yup I know what you mean and I agree it can be an issue, however these kick buttons always have a bad taste in my opinion, even if I don't get kicked much really... just I dislike how it's often used to kick good players or simply to bully around.

IF you have full controll over the race lobby ( like in other games ) there are better ways to get rid of unwanted players.

For example:
Have a crasher in the lobby? Turn off collisions.
Have someone talking trash? Mute.
Also a nice way to get rid of some people is switch to lowest tier cars and/ or change race lenght to something like 20, 30 plus laps. ;)

I know this all sounds complicated (which it isn't really), but that's my point, I find these kick options just 'cheap'.

:)

Yes an intant mute button is mandatory!! At least give us that for the online and I will be happy. Actually EVERY game should have an instant mute button.

Last edited:
it could go either way, as it is mostly in Forza 3 public lobbies. Good drivers get kicked for being good
That is VERY rare that good drivers get kicked. Its usually the dirty drivers or the players that want to run their mouth with no respect. Those drivers get kicked usually after one or 2 races.
Forza 3 has the online nailed perfectly. After all its their 3rd game online. GT5 is the first game online of the series so it will take some time to work out the online issues. Hopefully they learned a lot from GT5P.

It really needs a variety of online options especially for public. Damage, no damage, collisions, no collisions, and modes like that for a variety.

Yup, yup I know what you mean and I agree it can be an issue, however these kick buttons always have a bad taste in my opinion, even if I don't get kicked much really... just I dislike how it's often used to kick good players or simply to bully around.

IF you have full controll over the race lobby ( like in other games ) there are better ways to get rid of unwanted players.

For example:
Have a crasher in the lobby? Turn off collisions.
Have someone talking trash? Mute.
Also a nice way to get rid of some people is switch to lowest tier cars and/ or change race lenght to something like 20, 30 plus laps. ;)

I know this all sounds complicated (which it isn't really), but that's my point, I find these kick options just 'cheap'.

:)

This is why Kick should always be an option.

Last edited:
That is VERY rare that good drivers get kicked. Its usually the dirty drivers or the players that want to run their mouth with no respect. Those drivers get kicked usually after one or 2 races.
Forza 3 has the online nailed perfectly. After all its their 3rd game online. GT5 is the first game online of the series so it will take some time to work out the online issues. Hopefully they learned a lot from GT5P.

It really needs a variety of online options especially for public. Damage, no damage, collisions, no collisions, and modes like that for a variety.
Sorry but that is rubbish in my opinion. I've often been kicked for winning races in FM3.

As for FM3 having the online nailed is another laugh. Turn 10 couldn't of ruined FM3 online anymore than if they tried with the removal of public lobbies and adding those silly hoppers.

Actually Forza3 online took a step back Forza2 online was better.

Sorry but that is rubbish in my opinion. I've often been kicked for winning races in FM3.

As for FM3 having the online nailed is another laugh. Turn 10 couldn't of ruined FM3 online anymore than if they tried with the removal of public lobbies and adding those silly hoppers.

Exactly 👍

Actually Forza3 online took a step back Forza2 online was better.

Exactly 👍

Yep FM2 was miles better.

Although FM3 has now been released since Oct 09 I still find myself puzzled as to why they made some crazy decisions. Apart from the silly hoppers, why did they remove career, exhibition, local leaderboards, and the tournaments.

Going back to the 32 player private lobbies and I have one thing to say. If these lobbies are via P2P then GT planet members should be looking to find an ISP that provides a fast upload connection. If you have over 1mb then you should be fine. However if you only have 256/448kb upload connection then good luck in hosting these rooms!!

I will add that for UK members, early next year some of us will be able to have a 10mb upload, 40mb download connections available.

This is why Kick should always be an option.
Oh man, I'm getting mad just by watching it! Gotta hate punters! :mad:

Btw, I'm starting to think Forza 3 looks like a lot of fun! But I bet GT5 will be twice as fun though, as we'll have twice as many cars in a race. :sly:

Oh man, I'm getting mad just by watching it! Gotta hate punters! :mad:

Btw, I'm starting to think Forza 3 looks like a lot of fun! But I bet GT5 will be twice as fun though, as we'll have twice as many cars in a race. :sly:
Forza 3 technically has an unlimited amount of cars with its engine swaps, drivetrain swaps, and vinyl editoR. But I wont get into that again. Both are great games for their own reasons.

I cant wait to run with 16 total players on the track in GT5. If we can get a good group of players together, I bet that will be a very fun experience. 👍
I posted my name in the PS3 section to get more GT members on my PS3 friends list.

Last edited:
Back