FIRST OFFICIAL FACT SHEET - 32 players in Private Lobbies???

• Thread starter amar212
  • 150 comments
Ah, it'd be a good larf. For good clean racing, I'd either go offline or to a GTP room/lobby/lounge/whatever. But for funsies, I'd go public... I wouldn't really care too much about those races.

Of course, I wouldn't be a punter, but it'd just be a fun race. This guy does the same thing with Forza... when he wants clean, proper racing, he just goes into rooms he knows. But when he wants a bit of fun with spins and crashes and stuff, he goes public, where all the ten year olds hang out :P

3:02 :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:Oh, my I need to wipe the tears out of my eyes after watching that video. That last crash made my spleen hurt. :lol:

Yep. I missed that. So it is again a kind of a mistery,.
There is such an invasion of new information that I am starting to understand why K.Yamauchi is saying that it is really difficult to describe the whole thing...

So why doesn't he just shows us the game?
-> "A picture is worth a thousand words"

OTHER FEATURES
· Players who own Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue can transfer cars unlocked in that game directly to their garage in Gran Turismo 5 for use in Arcade Mode through special cross-talk interoperability.

Huh? So that means we can't use the unlocked cars in GT5P and GTPSP in GT MODE????

Is that good or not?:nervous:

We already know that doesn't work, because there's the Nurburgring (3 variations),
Only 3? I can count 6 possible variations.

Nordschleife
Nordschleife + full GP track
Nordschleife + sprint circuit
GP Track
Sprint circuit
"Mullenbach"

EDIT: And all the above with the exception of the first and last ones can be run with or without the Mercedes Arena, giving 10 variations in total.

"More than 20 tracks" rather than locations which is more concerning than the cockpit issue.

Yea its going to be 16 racing while 16 spectate
Oh for crying out loud, I can't believe people are STILL going on about this. Who cares whether a track is referred to as a "location" or "place" or "track". What matters is the base track count, which, as stated, stands at OVER 20. Taken literally, that means any number from 21 upwards. However, if it were over 30, they would have said so. Chances are, it is between 21 and 25 tracks, which together comprise over 70 variations.

21 tracks is more than enough for me, especialy when only Trial Mountian is the one that matters anyway. 70+ variations is just those in reverse and the alternate layouts.

You wanted all that detail in the game? Something had to be sacrificed. Track count.

Huh? So that means we can't use the unlocked cars in GT5P and GTPSP in GT MODE????

Yes it's good. Lots of cars unlocked in Arcade Mode for instant action, GT mode most cars locked to be won through events and a full online mode so everyone can be happy.

Oh, haha I just figured it out. It's just a techy way of saying the psp and ps3 will talk and work together to accomplish this.

Edit: But to answer you question, it sounds like your cars will be available to use in Arcade Mode. That is now confirmed. The other modes such as Online or GT, we will have to see. However, I'm pretty happy about this because it gives me the opportunity to transfer the cars and be able to drive them, but not make GT Mode too easy.

You've never heard of this hidden rocket mode :lol: ?
I guess I have now.:dopey:

Last edited:
Yes it's good. Lots of cars unlocked in Arcade Mode for instant action, GT mode most cars locked to be won through events and a full online mode so everyone can be happy.

Oh so no instant cheating with the F1 then, while in GT5 mode lol. Okay I'll just earn the cars the normal way by saving up alot of credits or just by winning them in races.

Originally I was kind of annoyed that it seems we will only get 20-25 unique tracks in GT5, but then I thought about it a bit and did some research. I remember thinking that GT4 had something like 50 tracks, but in reality it was more like 50+ variations. GT4 had just over 30 unique tracks, so if we get something like 25 unique tracks in GT5, that actually isn't too bad.

Originally I was kind of annoyed that it seems we will only get 20-25 unique tracks in GT5, but then I thought about it a bit and did some research. I remember thinking that GT4 had something like 50 tracks, but in reality it was more like 50+ variations. GT4 had just over 30 unique tracks, so if we get something like 25 unique tracks in GT5, that actually isn't too bad.

👍

Notice how they don't say anything about the cockpit view.

Probably because they call it "interior dash view" ;)

- PlayStation Eye camera features that add a new level of detail to the game, including face tracking for looking around the interior of vehicles while in the interior dash view.

Considering that it reportedly takes 2 years per track, 25 tracks is something we should be rather happy for. Really though, imagine how much work they put into those?

GT4 had more like 48 unique tracks not counting reversed versions, and 52 variations, and again not counting reversed versions...

https://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Gran_Turismo_4_:_Track_List

Only 3? I can count 6 possible variations.

Nordschleife
Nordschleife + full GP track
Nordschleife + sprint circuit
GP Track
Sprint circuit
"Mullenbach"

EDIT: And all the above with the exception of the first and last ones can be run with or without the Mercedes Arena, giving 10 variations in total.
What are the Sprint Circuit and the "Mullenbach"?

I like the idea of upto 32 players in a lobby, with a maximum of 16 racing (while the others can watch). For endurance races it opens up the opportunity to switch drivers during pitstops (one of the spectators takes the place of one of the racers). 👍

This, so you can go outside and live your life a bit while your buddy is racing his stint. :D

The sound of only 20 tracks is concerning. Considerin there is supposed to be NASCAR and WRC involved.

Even if we get only 20 tracks, most of them are new, so I wouldn't be so concerned, DLC is always there to save us, and GT6 will be out before you have the chance to drive all cars and explore all features in GT5. ;)

Thanks for posting. 👍

More than 20, maybe they're *still* holding back. :) 20 will do though, for a good long while at least, and I've gotta think there'll be DLC someday.

Im sure PD will have download upgrades for us later on in the year. 20 tracks is a little lacking in the variety department, but thats still enough to keep us busy for a while.

or host private Races with lobbies supporting up to 32 players per lobby.
I think the reasoning behind the 32 players in a lobby is that you can have multiple races(hence the 16 players per race limit) going on in the lobby. Or as others have suggested that it could be 16 racers and 16 speculators(or managers to communicate advice).

I don't know what your on about?

I believe it's the way Forza 3 handles the car movement/animation. Just like it was in Forza 2, the cars just don't seem to project any sense of weight. The interaction between the chassis and suspension in relation to the road surface isn't quite there. Instead cars appear to be gliding or sliding on the road. While the actual driving physics in Forza 3 is quite good yet somehow it fails to translate into a more realistic car animation/movement especially in the replay mode.

This will be some game, I have to say!
  • 16 players online
  • Day/night cycle (Jesus Christ, imagine the 24h races!!!)
  • Damage
  • NASCAR, WRC and Super GT
  • 1000 cars, 20 tracks
  • Online replays on YouTube

I think my head is about to expload! :scared:

Back