Flight Simulator

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 967 comments
Is there a option to disable engine sounds in active pause mode by default? Bit annoying looking around with the drone and the sound of your "parked" plane is present all the time.
I kinda like it, the way the sound changes as you move around / away from the aircraft.
It may sound weird, but it gives me a feeling of freedom and of actually being there. :D

By the way, @daan, this video was from the flight you suggested a few posts back.
Lovely views and a great challenge! Thanks for sharing.

Holy hell, what a flight today :lol:

So I flew the Cessna 172 to Queenstown Airport in New Zealand from a grass strip somewhere to the south... Live time and weather (21h30) this morning here in SA.

Pitch dark, gusting winds (worse going over the mountains), belting rain.
Had to fly for 35min manually fighting to keep it on the air, because the auto pilot couldn't cope and stalled twice.

I still don't know how I got to the airport, never mind landing it. Beyond sweaty! Proud of myself haha

Edit: had to restart twice because the first two attempts resulted in a crash on the runway, and then crash into mountainside less than 10min from take off.

Last edited:
Had to fly for 35min manually fighting to keep it on the air, because the auto pilot couldn't cope and stalled twice.
I've been busy so not had much of a chance to play recently but I somehow thought auto pilot wasn't available on the smaller planes like the Cessna.

At you activating it via the drop down menu or if my memory is correct via the Y button?

I used the autopilot for the first time the other day. I was in the Daher flying in the Himalaya and it nearly flew me into a mountain. I really should figure out how to use it! Perhaps I should do the tutorials.

Last edited:
I once activated autopilot and when I came back the plane was simply going in long circles... :lol:

I actually have a couple of videos on the subject on my YouTube Watch Later list because of this. Really need to learn on the subject.

I keep bumping into these world-related issues on nearly every flight. Each of them attach to specific places in the world, so not just random glitches.
  • AI generated buildings not loading or only loading with minimum LOD. Many Nordic cities are affected when WU5 is installed, but also spotted repeatedly in Leeds, UK.
  • Melted photogrammetry that struggles to load. So far spotted in London and Paris.
  • Ground rendering bug where draw distance of satellite imagery misbehaves in all directions. So far spotted around Malmö in Sweden, Kiel in Germany and Isle of Man in UK.
  • Ground and water surface levels not alligned between the surface plates stitching the map together. Sometimes the gaps are minor and sometimes they are huge. This is happening nearly everywhere.
  • Bridges and sail boat harbors submerged by water.

Last edited:
I'm getting quite a lot of ghosting of the plane when flying external cam a bit trying to get some scenic shots.

Also stuttering a lot more now than the first couple weeks.

Re auto pilot. I've kept it simple with using GPS nav based on flight plans I created from the world map.

Then I occasionally use heading nav as well.

I enjoy alternating between vertical speed and flight level change options for changing altitude.
I'm working on ILS but inputting new locations or programs from the plane is challenging! Especially the A320.

Worth the effort though!

I used the autopilot for the first time the other day. I was in the Daher flying in the Himalaya and it nearly flew me into a mountain. I really should figure out how to use it! Perhaps I should do the tutorials.
Unless I remember wrong, there's not much AP stuff in the game tutorials. However youtube has plenty of videos about them. I can definitely recommend a channel called Kip on the Ground - https://www.youtube.com/c/KipOnTheGround/videos . Some of the best tutorials I've ever seen on YT. Very clearly articulated and also well shown visually what he's doing all the time.

full

full

full

After working 2 night shifts and not being at my PC I’m about to purchase the new F-14 and I’m beyond excited, if it’s half as good as the my beloved F-15 I’ll be a happy camper but from what I’ve read and seen about it so far then it blows it out of the water :D

I want to buy the jets myself, are they worth it? @Pearl Jam

also i made another timelapse...

Epic video fella, and regarding the jets,in my opinion they’re absolutely worth it, but I’m obsessed with military aircraft as I visit the Mach Loop as it’s nearby and also military bases to photograph them all the time..absolutely love the sim F-15’s and I fly them more than any other plane, special shout out to the MB-339 too as it’s the first jet I bought for MSFS and although quite a bit slower than the Eagles it’s just a fantastic plane to fly and the attention to detail both out and in the cockpit is something to behold, cannot recommend it highly enough for a first jet purchase 👍 stay away from the Eurofighter as it’s absolute garbage

Is that in the same region or just randomly occurring wherever you fly ?
Ive noticed it twice. The pictures are from Cornwall. I can't recall where the other time was but I think it was a different region.

I was going to buy the F14 and it`s gone now off marketplace..hmmmm @Pearl Jam

Also just purchased the london details pack thing.and eh..looks awful now..:grumpy:

full

full
Yeah the F-14 won’t be in the Market Place for a few weeks yet, one of the advantages of the PC version is buying directly from the vendor…
And those screens are they after installation of the Orbx London add on ? If so they don’t work too well with me either so I’ve uninstalled it for now, lots of others been having issues with it

Yeah the F-14 won’t be in the Market Place for a few weeks yet, one of the advantages of the PC version is buying directly from the vendor…
And those screens are they after installation of the Orbx London add on ? If so they don’t work too well with me either so I’ve uninstalled it for now, lots of others been having issues with it
We the XBox plebeians don't even have the F-15 or A-10 in our storefront. You can actually uncheck the box that only shows XBOx stuff and see the PC stuff, but we can't buy it. Pisses me off a bit, it's not like they give us a discount for being on console, if it's out there to be used by players, why can't we use it?

We the XBox plebeians don't even have the F-15 or A-10 in our storefront. You can actually uncheck the box that only shows XBOx stuff and see the PC stuff, but we can't buy it. Pisses me off a bit, it's not like they give us a discount for being on console, if it's out there to be used by players, why can't we use it?
Ah yeah that’s a bit of a pisser for you guys and I have no idea why it’s that way….and speaking of the A-10, avoid like the worst plague you could ever imagine as it’s a complete abomination of a plane. Anything by that so called developer ‘Mscenery’ are best avoided, same goes with ‘Bredok3d’ and ‘Captain sim’ as they are so bad it’s untrue. Just my opinion obviously and you’re free to spend your money however you wish but myself and many many more on the main MSFS Forum say exactly the same

I am on pc the F14 was there, i`m sure I saw it I think?

Yes the london orbix add, just deleted it, gonna try it again..thanks, I didnt know you could delete things...

Back