Flight Simulator

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 967 comments
Ah yeah that’s a bit of a pisser for you guys and I have no idea why it’s that way….and speaking of the A-10, avoid like the worst plague you could ever imagine as it’s a complete abomination of a plane. Anything by that so called developer ‘Mscenery’ are best avoided, same goes with ‘Bredok3d’ and ‘Captain sim’ as they are so bad it’s untrue. Just my opinion obviously and you’re free to spend your money however you wish but myself and many many more on the main MSFS Forum say exactly the same
Yeah, appreciate the advice. So far have bought the square root of bugger all, partly because I'm a tightwad and $35 for one plane seems a bit steep to me, and partly because I haven't had much time to play, hoping that changes this winter. Been reading a bit over on the FS forum about it as well. Hopefully they come out with some more on the XBox storefront eventually.

I am on pc the F14 was there, i`m sure I saw it I think?

Yes the london orbix add, just deleted it, gonna try it again..thanks, I didnt know you could delete things...
It won’t be in the Market Place as they lag behind a few weeks..best to get it from Just Flight direct as its so much easier, they even install it direct into your community folder if you’re unsure about the process

full

full

I'm getting a lot of this recently. Anyone know what's up?
No, I don’t know. But issues of this calibre nearly always seem to come up when I go exploring some random place in the world. FS2020 has been a huge leap for the franchise, but quality-wise older entries were more consistent and stable in terms of depicting the planet without issue. FSX was not comparably great for sightseeing, but immersion was almost never compromised no matter where you went.

I don't think I've ever noticed vapor trails before.
I'm guessing they're only visible in specific conditions?

Also, it looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for the Top Gun expansion:

Also, it looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for the Top Gun expansion:
Grrr...was looking forward to that one.

I have a huge problem on PC with this game. When trying to launch it it just quits to desktop with no notification before loading to main menu. I have new laptop with RTX 2060 Ryzen 4 and 16 gb ram so it shouldn’t be a problem. I checked many „solutions” from te internet and neither did work. Anyone has any ideas what is wrong?
Oh I am launching it from gamepass pc app.

Weird.

According to the release notes, it should include new discovery flights, landing challenges and bush trips.

I know, i have the new discovery flights showing too. No new landing challenges

Finally managed to put together a small cockpit. It's all self contained and can be lifted off so I can still use my Fanatec DD1 which sits behind.

The gauges are displayed on a 15" touchscreen display using air manager. The GNS530 is popped out onto a 7" touchscreen display, I’ve mapped all the controls as well as a few other cockpit buttons to the Stream Deck alongside. I’m saving to buy a Real Sim Gear GNS530 to replace them both. I’ll find another use for them once I have the 530. I bought the Logitech Multi Panel as using it provides a whole heap more immersion and along with the flaps lever and trim wheel adds a lot of functionality. Yoke is a Honeycomb alpha and there’s a Logitech throttle bottom right.

I’m really happy with it as a first attempt and can see me adding to it as time goes by. Desperately wanting multi-monitor support to come to the sim as I’m planning to position 2 x 27" monitors at 90 degrees to the 32:9 Samsung monitor I currently have to give a 200 degree wrap around view.

qvjvkSTwgWidafYUCR6pFpVoGHDH3V3KC2a8PCQNzqpgImCb_pM-1XhkFjKmskh23stYvUA7pxG3KGWKNlqUU-3VjLLtyY5vhhb-PmI6VjYPekLHbN-Rz1rukpax3-C1bC-84bjm7c5j_gVbQEFYBlpOkkc2eAhpTRfoWgQy_QBEqMuaza_Hck6dorZnPrd4vt2vu3Rryjss260oXGxeovN9TDW3mv31DKtJo8ibMnpsUurNz9w4xctUfN9qWCjb-AUcBMDYds5TWUe3F-aiJsLrasw_xmi_vRml_MRBmL8gkakqkfB61wSoVZOq_HGItHIwFsFKA4ofYm1Rd5B3pJci2Gffr4x5n_RLst-2xJGE29Eu0ptsC6BeXhetD84qa5ZvxqfQdFDoEOlkz3fpF-NB_NvR7ZFxFlsOFnUS2-ueDXWRhtqG6KVPsuKnZx6Q7L-d7R1ArohR5ESRtdNplzPRYud-bd63WR4a79P-XEVYF5aCYhiOEGCodeS4TEGfW_rXs1J9a874XTROw-uhIweN4lsz08aPN9jk-PfRTz0efm3SjWxuzzbfAwSi8wnGjc67zzX_l4TFXAA4smmQwlf804TiCcMzcljinRBY3gglC_AYsgb1yVod1p8GAwIaEuy4-tckAcO7_F-lhX_rj33bLqIk8FNu-a1wdpIRchIonIOcHNbfFRF5X7YMK-HJ5GH5omid9n21rbcP2MYcnfvMvA=w1730-h1298-no

Last edited:
Well I don't know whats going on with mine updating, i only bought the game last month on pc,, so haven't had to update it as of today, put it on before said around 2.7gig, so left it, was on for a few hours then i started watching it, and it`s downloading the same file over and over and over, had a quick bandwidth look, said about 80 gig had been downloaded, so quit off it, restarted, this time said it needed a 43 Mb update, started doing that over and over, so quit and re started, now its downloading a 15Gig update???? but it says at top of page im on v1.19.8.0

edit and now completely stopped downloading, i hope this hasn't screwed my install.....:banghead:

edit , restarted now says i need a 3.7 gig..?????????

Last edited:
Well I don't know whats going on with mine updating, i only bought the game last month on pc,, so haven't had to update it as of today, put it on before said around 2.7gig, so left it, was on for a few hours then i started watching it, and it`s downloading the same file over and over and over, had a quick bandwidth look, said about 80 gig had been downloaded, so quit off it, restarted, this time said it needed a 43 Mb update, started doing that over and over, so quit and re started, now its downloading a 15Gig update???? but it says at top of page im on v1.19.8.0

edit and now completely stopped downloading, i hope this hasn't screwed my install.....:banghead:

edit , restarted now says i need a 3.7 gig..?????????
If I try to update from my EE mobile router it gets stuck on files and constantly restarts. It uses up my download quota and never finishes. I have to use my slow BT cable network to update.

In saying that, MSFS won't start today as it says it needs an update from the MS store. I go to the store and it says, it's fine and I'm good to go.

My first impressions on Series X after the update are great. It plays smoother and instances of stutter appear to have been much reduced. For the first time the game gave me a proper experience of the generational leap in the Xbox hardware.

My initial flight over one of the new photogrammetric cities (Frankfurt) in a turbo prop was quite impressive performance-wise. Even with a thick cloud layer to top off the visuals.

Of course, I won’t jump to any general conclusions as the planet is big and not every demanding location has the same impact on performance, but so far it seems good optimization work has been done in various areas.

Back