Formula 1 2021-2022 Off-Season and Mid-season break threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 767 comments
If the whole season proceeds to not be tainted by the enemy nation's flag as a permanent fixture on one of the liveries, that's a pretty great start all around.

Andretti may just scoop up Haas just for the entry. Haas doesn't have much else going for it, other than a base in the uk and a small amount of staff. They are a tiny team.

Haas has (that's a nightmare to type) also removed Uralkali from its name on its social media accounts...

Haas can now do a 180 and say that they also won't be competing in the Russian GP, if it goes through.

Since they'll be bankrupt by then.

Haas really have had it hard, first the whole rich energy thing and now this, and for it to happen to such a small team... talk about bad luck.

Haas has (that's a nightmare to type) also removed Uralkali from its name on its social media accounts...
Would it be possible for the team to just do what many teams with Tobacco sponsors did and just run the car with none of the branding? (or in the case of Mitsubishi in WRC and Mclaren in F1, just put the drivers names in place)

Would it be possible for the team to just do what many teams with Tobacco sponsors did and just run the car with none of the branding? (or in the case of Mitsubishi in WRC and Mclaren in F1, just put the drivers names in place)
Definitely, but the question is why Haas would want to do that if Dmitri Mazepin isn't giving them any money (because he's currently unable to do so).

Definitely, but the question is why Haas would want to do that if Dmitri Mazepin isn't giving them any money (because he's currently unable to do so).
Ah, I didn't realize it was THAT far reaching.

I remember there was so much buzz when Haas announced it was coming to F1. Apart from the years that their car was a copy of the Ferrari, they’ve been pretty much irrelevant in F1.
Haas really have had it hard, first the whole rich energy thing and now this, and for it to happen to such a small team... talk about bad luck.
I would argue that these were more bad decisions than bad luck.

They clearly didn’t do proper vetting of Rich Energy, and got rightfully burned by it. And Mazepin was a bad prospect before the harassment video came out, they still kept him and got burned again. These situations were avoidable.

I can't imagine Mazepin holding his seat for a second longer than it takes Haas to find another driver who can bring their own money in, and I can't imagine that taking very long either.

I can't imagine Mazepin holding his seat for a second longer than it takes Haas to find another driver who can bring their own money in, and I can't imagine that taking very long either.
Oh No Stop GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Apparently all of the new cars are suffering to one degree or another from the 40 year ago phenomenon of porpoising.

With Mazepin and his money gone, they're could be the incentive/willingness for sponsors to come in to keep the Schumacher name on the grid. Having a Fittipaldi in the other seat makes it a marketing jackpot. If they pull out completely that's basically the end of Mick's F1 career (unless he's content hovering around the paddock as a Ferrari reserve driving the car once or twice a year waiting in vain for Leclerc or Sainz to move on), and F1 basically becomes closed off to junior drivers with now only 18 seats available and probably only or two becoming vacant each year.

Apparently all of the new cars are suffering to one degree or another from the 40 year ago phenomenon of porpoising.

Surprisingly strongly considering they're not even using "full" ground effect.

Back