Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio de España 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 81 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 comes into the start of a European triple-header off the back of two races that couldn't have been more different. Monaco had very little action and was a tactical race with no pitstops, while Canada was a wet-dry classic with 5 cars battling for the win. For the second year in a row, Formula 1 comes to its traditional test track having not actually tested here pre-season, so knowledge is lower, especially with the return to the traditional final two corners we saw last year. A fast track that is completely different to the previous circuits, which car will come out on top here? We will find out at the SPANISH GRAND PRIX!
1718695538927.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.657 km

Race Distance
307.236 km

Lap Record
1:16.330 Max Verstappen (2023)​

In the last 8 years this race has been won by only Lewis and Max.
Lewis isn't winning again anytime soon.

Ver Red Bull GIF by Oracle Red Bull Racing

Luckily it's a BTCC weekend for some proper exciting racing.
I know Red Bull expect to be strong this weekend but with McLaren maybe bringing upgrades, Ferrari apparently are bringing a sizeable upgrade and hopefully the one Mercedes brings, leaps them to the front so Lewis and the others can have a better chance of winning than the Red Bull's this weekend.

I'm starting to enjoy weekends where Red Bulls are not miles ahead and I'd love that to continue here but it's Barcelona so might not be the case.

It’s nice not knowing who the winner will be, it will keep getting tighter until 2026. Then we’ll be back to another dominant era for somebody.

A few weeks ago I thought this is where Red Bull would have a resurgence but now I’m not so sure. McLaren look good everywhere.

Last edited:
I know Red Bull expect to be strong this weekend but with McLaren maybe bringing upgrades, Ferrari apparently are bringing a sizeable upgrade and hopefully the one Mercedes brings, leaps them to the front so Lewis and the others can have a better chance of winning than the Red Bull's this weekend.
In the case of the Mercs I think we all know by now that George is the one getting the upgrade priority for the rest of the year.

No kerbs to upset the Red Bulls. No adverse weather. Just a circuit that favours pure performance and the best car. Max will win by a mile.

In the case of the Mercs I think we all know by now that George is the one getting the upgrade priority for the rest of the year.

No kerbs to upset the Red Bulls. No adverse weather. Just a circuit that favours pure performance and the best car. Max will win by a mile.
I think they agreed to take it in turns if there is only one part available so Lewis should get priority if that happens next but hopefully there is enough parts for both cars this time even if it is a minor improvement (Nothing declared), major improvements maybe in a couple races time. Lewis also has been putting team under pressure through the media so they may double check tyre temperatures this time around so hopefully he finally can get a lap together in qualifying at a circuit he is normally quite strong at. Even in recent years, when they have been poor at circuits around this GP schedule, they have been strong at this circuit so hopefully translates this year too. Last race, they were fastest in the middle sector which is kind of like this circuit in terms of corners too. Let's see if they can stay ahead of RB at least who seem to be bringing the biggest upgrades as well as Ferrari.

Since Red Bull last update, they seem more on the backfoot. They have improvements this race so maybe they can get back to the level they were before. I think they have a big update coming for maybe the British GP which could either make or break their season and others chances of winning the constructors.

Logan should finally have same spec as Alex this race so he can now see what the real pace difference is.

There will be a fan meetup tomorrow at 8:00 PM at Milans Cocktail Bar where fans can enjoy refreshments with friends and other f1 fans. Don't miss out on this exciting event to make your race weekend more exciting by meeting fellow f1 fans and discussing the sport.

Is it too early to get excited for this weekend? Could Mercedes really have entered the fray? They looked quick and car seems planted.
Red Bull once again doesn't seem to have it all figured out, especially when everyone (including me) is expecting them to wipe the floor with everyone else!

Also looking at a potential 4 ways fight now, that means top 8 positions are practically off limit unless you are Sergio Perez or another driver with an "unfortunate" weekend.

It’s nice not knowing who the winner will be, it will keep getting tighter until 2026. Then we’ll be back to another dominant era for somebody.

A few weeks ago I thought this is where Red Bull would have a resurgence but now I’m not so sure. McLaren look good everywhere.
New regs will mean new chances .
Maybe Williams will do a Brawn ?
😂

I read that article earlier today and this whole thing is so weird. On one hand, I don't want to believe any of it but on the flipside there have been some some questionable calls made by Mercedes when it comes to Lewis in some of the recent races 🤷‍♂️
I can see why some people might pass a comment in conversation about his luck. But also Hamilton has quit for a rival as soon as the going got tough at Merc. He's never going to get preferential, number 1 driver treatment. Calls of sabotage are off the mark and ridiculous though.

Even Lewis has called on his fanbase to chill, stop bullying other drivers and fans and rally behind the team.

In the weekend in question, dramatic end to FP3 with Leclerc and Norris making contact, Leclerc on a fast lap and Norris slow but I actually think Leclerc is in the wrong this time and will probably get a penalty.

Last edited:
Man, I dont know what to do with myself today

• Spanish GP qual
  • currently switching streaming between the ADAC race at the Ring and the one at Spa
  • awaiting the Porsche Cup and Lambo ST at Watkins Glen

Sargeant is probably going to get a penalty for impeding Stroll but what can you do to a 20th place car? Time penalty on the pitstop.

Last edited:
Back