Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 513 comments
If the cars don't race, the water will never clear anyway. It's a dumb, stupid and farcical self-fulfilling "prophecy".

Why bother having wet weather tyres when racing in those conditions is prohibited?
Maybe the FIA should talk to NASCAR and buy one or two of those track driers.

This is how I expected Indy Car race control to handle this not F1.
At least Indycar moved the start time up for the Indy Grand Prix to get a majority of the race run before heavy rain came instead of waiting until it was right on top of the circuit.

So this is what they're going to do now, not start races based on not the current weather, but what they think is incoming?

Like I said, it seems we're just going to wait now until they can all start on inters and go to drys 15 minutes later.

A picture of how Monaco will be after a dozen laps after the rain stops.
1653831904229.png

Single file, everyone on slicks, stuck on the dry line unable to overtake even if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Apparently we're supposed to get new F1 fans by fabricating drama in Drive to Survive instead of letting it actually happen on track.

I'd understand if it was a monsoon and there was a ton of water where the cars are just sliding all over the place but it's not so just get going already.

Apparently we're supposed to get new F1 fans by fabricating drama in Drive to Survive instead of letting it actually happen on track.
When the rain comes down...dramatic pause...there is no racing on the track

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. Seriously they can stop bringing wet tyres tot the track. Not even safety car is driving around! FFS.

I've usually defended the wet weather choices in the past, far too often people wanted racing when tracks were like rivers and very unsafe.

Today is indefensible. They should have started on time. They should have throw the ten minute warning 10-15 minutes ago.

This is a shambles now, they haven't even sent the safety car out for a lap to see what its like yet.

If we were racing now, it'd be fine. If we were racing 10 minutes ago, it'd be fine. We could have had 40 minutes of racing by now, and continuing.

Last edited:
Apropos of nothing, I've walked a bit of the Monaco circuit when it was raining. It was ludicrously slippery, and the water didn't seem to go away at all - almost like the streets are not designed for or surfaced for rain.

Back