Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 513 comments
They've had rain in Imola.
Imola is a proper Grade A track due to run offs,
Monaco is only given Grade A due to "Historic" reasons

Lets face it, if Monaco was never on the calendar and they wanted to join, they would be laughed at by the FIA.

Also in Imola, the DRS was delayed for a long time after the track was dry as well

Last edited:
I'm going to have a shot of vodka every time they say "2 seconds Ted..."

Drunk Anderson Paak GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Crofty calling out Race Control. Seems like the rain is getting harder, but this isn't an unusual amount of rain for an F1 race to begin with.

Last edited:
Even if the rain is increasing, it is or was good enough to start. Now we're doing that horrible waiting game where they keep waiting 10 minutes to see if the rain stops. And then another 10 minutes. And another 10 minutes after that...

Imola is a proper Grade A track due to run offs,
Monaco is only given Grade A due to "Historic" reasons

Lets face it, if Monaco was never on the calendar and they wanted to join, they would be laughed at by the FIA.

Also in Imola, the DRS was delayed for a long time after the track was dry as well
This weekend has shown that Monaco should be dumped ASAP. And I wasn't even that negative about Monaco that before this weekend. Marshalls just act on their own and red flag sessions for no reason, qualifying consistently gets ruined by crashes every year, overtaking is physically impossible and real wet weather racing is not allowed.

That could have been a really fun start, everyone starting on inters then this rain comes down after 5 minutes and some gamble staying out, some go full wets. Now everyone is just going to start full wet and go to dry once it drys out.

Last edited:
No, it will be a repeat of Spa 2021.
2 laps behind the safety car and half points awarded.
That's not going to happen because they changed the regulations specifically after the Spa incident...

A race is now only a race if at least two laps are completed in green flag conditions. Points for shortened races are now recalculated to:

*Races over two laps but less than 25% = points for the top five: 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.
*Races between 25 and 50% distance = points for the top nine: 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
*Races between 50% and 75% distance = points for the top ten: 19, 14, 12, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1.

I predict Latifi, Maldonardo, Mazepin or Mick Schumacher crashing into Leclerc at turn 1 as Leclerc can not win Monaco.

I predict Latifi, Maldonardo, Mazepin or Mick Schumacher crashing into Leclerc at turn 1 as Leclerc can not win Monaco.
The race is abandoned because there is a nanometre of water on the track. The curse continues.

Interesting that there could be several formation laps and then a full 78 lap race - won't that make it very tight on fuel??

They can only do so many formation laps before they won't have enough fuel to finish the race, assuming it even happens.

Back