Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 513 comments
Well if he wants pole at Monaco he needs to do 2 things.
1. Set the quickest time on his first run
2. Be the first car out of the garage so you don’t run into these crashes or flags. Even if he was ahead of Perez today the red flag would of ruined his lap so this crash is irrelevant.
And that is what went wrong. RedBull
favored Perez in quali. Lambiasse and Max had a small encounter in the pitlane about it and he wasn’t happy with how Lambiasse handeld it. He even pushed Marko aside.
Didn’t see him this angry, untill now.
Max was 0.2 seconds faster in Sector 1 before the red flag. Could have been front row. But could have been doesn’t count.

Let’s see if the gearbox of Perez is still okay.

Charles looks unstoppable
It’s crazy to think given the last few years, I feel like he came up out of nowhere to suddenly be so dominant. I’m still generally in a kind of mild shock that Hamilton has been doing so poorly.

Looking on the weather forecast from today it's possible it will be raining during the GP. 77% chance on heavy showers.

The last time we had rain in Monaco during a Grand Prix is 2016 I believe.

Looking on the weather forecast from today it's possible it will be raining during the GP. 77% chance on heavy showers.

The last time we had rain in Monaco during a Grand Prix is 2016 I believe.
Great 10/20 laps behind the safety car. Drivers should watch Monaco 97 to see drivers actually did race in the rain 😂

Last edited:
Great 10/20 laps behind the safety car. Drivers should watch Monaco 97 to see drivers actually did race in the rain 😂
:lol: Yeah ...

We shall see though. Personally i only want to see rain close to the end. That will be very interesting.

Apparently he's never even finished a race at Monaco in his entire career (although he has a classified finish of 18th in the 2018 race - brake failure eight laps from the end saw him hit Brendon Hartley).

With the FP1 omens also looming...
He is now in a weird equilibrium so hopefully that is enough for him to win. So many things can go wrong though. Maybe if he pits too early, Red Bull can hold him up.

Got his brake inchident in a Ferrari in Monaco already out of the way this month and power unit gremlins last race. Now all he needs to do is repeat, "I will not be stupid, Ferrari will also not be stupid" every lap and he make the race distance in first!

Will be great if he can achieve it as you never know how long the race might remain on the calendar. Sad that his dad is not here to witness it but I'm sure he would be proud.

Half an hour ago:

According to Apple’s weather app, it is forecast to remain dry until 10pm.

Attachments

• 695F5B9B-32A3-4B2C-A346-9C15BE3D289A.png
    695F5B9B-32A3-4B2C-A346-9C15BE3D289A.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
July-Ann reminds me why I don't watch the pre and post race shows. Nonstop talking and saying absolutely nothing.

Just heard Charles was 7 tenths up, even more of a shame he did not get to complete that lap. Would have been impressive if he did near the same time as last year in a tank.

I usually never tune into the pre-race shows, but I will never get why celebrities come to the very-obviously televised Grid Walk that's filled with journalists, and then they/their bodyguards make a fuss when someone asks for an interview.

Last edited:
How dangerous is too dangerous for wet weather racing? I don't feel that a rolling start under the safety car is quite necessary here.

Acting as if they've never seen rain before.
On the 18" it is, but F2 exists and would be able to provide data for such things
IIRC they did this when we first got the Perrilis

Last edited:
“Everyone’s hoping for rain to come along to create some excitement and variance in strategy. How can we ruin that?”

“Let’s delay the race start and let everyone change their tires, sir.”

Back