Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 349 comments
Aaaand then the Red Bull goes boom within 20 laps tomorrow, as is tradition.

Odds on Marzipan taking out Vettel at T1 tomorrow, just to rub salt in the wounds?

Last edited:

EG1TOj7.jpg

Last edited:
So Aston are slower, red bull are faster if your names Max. Ferrari are faster, McLaren have adapted the Merc engine well by the looks. Alfa are going to challenge more I think. Alpine are slower. Yuki did alright for first effort. Haas are rubbish and Mazepin needs kicking.

That's what I'm getting, anyone else?

So as a neutral I'm rather hoping that we haven't just swapped Merc domination for Verstappen domination.

Hopefully Mercedes can close that gap (but not more), and Perez is also in the mix in future races.

Mazespin is a sack of potatoes behind the wheel. Not only did he jump the queue but he spun and ruined the session as a result.

What an absolute 🤬; a word beginning with the third letter of the alphabet. :D

Mazespin is a sack of potatoes behind the wheel. Not only did he jump the queue but he spun and ruined the session as a result.

What an absolute 🤬; a word beginning with the third letter of the alphabet. :D

Seaward? Wait... that's 19th. :confused:

I was quite surprised that Crofty actually mentioned the word "Mazespin" live on TV. I'm guessing it's his way of showing his displeasure, by letting go of his professionalism for just a few seconds.

But yeah, that spin did effectively ruin the session for a few drivers :grumpy: Was looking forward to Ocon's lap time. :indiff:

I hadn't seen this bit: a piece of Vettel's car made its way to the cockpit and appears to bounce of his visor. Fortunately not at high speed although there's nothing to say that a higher speed wouldn't have thrown the part on a completely different path.

It's David Croft. Don't be surprised if that's just how he butchers his name.
He did actually pronounce that on purpose, because he was looking at social media and he just quoted the people talking about Mazepin repeatedly spinning the car.

I
So Aston are slower, red bull are faster if your names Max. Ferrari are faster, McLaren have adapted the Merc engine well by the looks. Alfa are going to challenge more I think. Alpine are slower. Yuki did alright for first effort. Haas are rubbish and Mazepin needs kicking.

That's what I'm getting, anyone else?
It's one track though, probably takes about 3 to get the full picture.

Biggest driver surprise for me was Tsunoda. I didn't know what to expect, but he was just as fast as Gasly was the whole session. I suspect he probably made a mistake on his second run, as both Alphatauris were having a good lap. It's great to see both of them up there, and for Tsunoda to be just as fast as Gasly that's only very promising for this team. Definitely my team to root for this season!

Biggest disappointment for me was Ocon. Yes, Nando is Nando, but he's been away for 2 years and the guy is 40 years of age. Ocon seems like none of the driver he was at Force India. The pace of the Alpine is also very disappointing.

I still do not understand why Aston Martin let Perez go. Stroll is not a bad driver at all, I think he's proven that now, but Perez is so much faster, and he's been with the team for years. If they want continuity in that team, letting Sergio go was their first mistake they made. They should've just built upon Sergio's win and capitalize on the morale within the team. Signing Seb just for the media attention is just a horrible misstep.

For me personally Ferrari has the strongest drivers pair. Sainz is just a beast, being just as fast as Charles. They don't seem to be in place just yet, but thank goodness that they're not at the back of the field anymore!

And Ricciardo and Lando being on par with each other is just sublime. I can't even even imagine how much fun those two are having, and the incredible atmosphere within that team.

Last edited:
Ocon's last lap was destroyed by the yellow flags which also thwarted Vettel, seeing as Alonso only escaped the reaches of the bottom 5 on his last run that's a bit harsh.

Ocon's last lap was destroyed by the yellow flags which also thwarted Vettel, seeing as Alonso only escaped the reaches of the bottom 5 on his last run that's a bit harsh.

In that case I stand corrected 👍

I was quite surprised that Crofty actually mentioned the word "Mazespin" live on TV. I'm guessing it's his way of showing his displeasure, by letting go of his professionalism for just a few seconds.
He did actually pronounce that on purpose, because he was looking at social media and he just quoted the people talking about Mazepin repeatedly spinning the car.
If he's quoting other people's social media posts, why is it either a surprise or a problem?

Vettel apparently summoned to the stewards for ignoring double-waved yellows when he passed the thug's car, and could face a grid penalty of five places. Although F1 posted that yesterday, so it might have been resolved by now.

If he's quoting other people's social media posts, why is it either a surprise or a problem?

Vettel apparently summoned to the stewards for ignoring double-waved yellows when he passed the thug's car, and could face a grid penalty of five places. Although F1 posted that yesterday, so it might have been resolved by now.
It's been confirmed, apparently although the flags weren't out as he approached as a F1 driver he should've been aware of the incident happening in front of him & slowed anyway. According to the FIA statement. Vettel said he just saw smoke & didn't know if it was a bad lock up or spin.

Personally I think that's a bit harsh.

Edit: he'd already passed the yellow signals to be able to see it & the Marshals hadn't reacted to the situation.

Last edited:
Hopefully everyone gets a clean race so we can see true pecking order, hopefully Max doesn't run away with it although the strength in the middle sector and power unit seems quite a sizeable advantage at the moment. Maybe he will face some karma for yesterday... Will be interesting to see how quickly Sergio comes through the field as this time Red Bull have a great power unit, potentially strongest on the grid.

Back