Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 250 comments
F1 historians here, when's the last time a situation like this led to a fallout/all-out battle between 2 teammates? The 90's?

Wow. Lando being told he needs the team and Oscar to win the championship.

Lando to move to Red Bull next year? This is getting toxic for him with McLaren.

Same old Verstappen - doesn't know any other way of overtaking him other than dive bombing Hamilton. It's been very cringe hearing him on the radio today.

Hopefully Mclaren can sort this issue out, they should have pitted Piastri first since Hamilton was too far behind anyway.

They should’ve switched straight after the stop and then battled over the closing laps. Not this nonsense:

Same old Verstappen - doesn't know any other way of overtaking him other than dive bombing Hamilton. It's been very cringe hearing him on the radio today.

Hopefully Mclaren can sort this issue out, they should have pitted Piastri first since Hamilton was too far behind anyway.
I honestly didn't get why everyone was in such awe of him the past couple of years. Like of course he's driving clean he's 20 seconds clear of the field. The second you see him battle for position you see his true colors come out. He races like someone in an online lobby.

I'm watching the post race show just to see Lando's face. Has to be a lot worse than last race.

I think Lando’s original plan was to let him through after the final corner on the final lap a la Barrichello at the 2002 Austrian GP. The idea that this race could still potentially end under a safety car probably caused him to cede the lead earlier

McLaren's justification for all this is mental.

It played out that your drivers were 6s apart and 6s ahead of the next car. What's the point of swapping them here? It doesn't benefit the team at all to swap them and your lead driver now loses 7pt in the WDC...

It stinks, but McLaren is on the up. Lando has to know he'll have more opportunities for victory coming his way. Red Bull's current in-house situation if it persists will only help the Macs.

F1 historians here, when's the last time a situation like this led to a fallout/all-out battle between 2 teammates? The 90's?
Aside from the aforementioned Hamilton/Rosberg, I'd also suggest Vettel/Webber and Hamilton/Alonso since the start of the millenium, then yeah probably Prost/Senna in 89, although Mansell and Patrese for Williams '92 were never exactly fond of each other, but Nigel was so far ahead of Riccardo, there wasn't really any competition.

Last edited:
Back