Formula 1 Pirelli United States Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 4 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
For the second out of three times Formula 1 heads over to America for a race. The Circuit of the Americas in Texas has proven to be one of the better Tilkedromes in a city that has embraced being the home of Formula 1 in the States. This is the fourth Sprint Race of the 6 this season and we will see how much Verstappen's championship lead will get whittled down, of at all, at this weekend with 34 points on offer to a driver. We will find out if we are having a proper championship battle at the UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX!
Screenshot_20241016-110010.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.513 km

Race Distance
308.405 km

Lap Record
1:36.169 Charles Leclerc (2019)​

I suspect most cars on the grid have movable aero parts to allow fine tuning for different circuits. So long as these parts are fixed prior to Q1 then it's a non issue.
If parts like the front bib were able to move while the vehicle is moving I reckon it would take other teams a matter of minutes to notice and dob them in.

Regardless if this thing is used after parc ferme or not, it's not a good look on Red Bull considering they are always crying foul about every other team. From the sounds of it, seems like the FIA is going or has already handled it the same way they handled the Ferrari situation back in 2019 with their suddenly ultra powerful engine with everything settled behind closed doors. IMO, if they are being handled that way, it just says to me that there truly is something that wasn't legal and they got caught. In any case, let's see how the next 3 races go...heck let's see what will happen in Austin this weekend.

The way this calendar was setup sucked and all the hype and excitement that I had for the remaining races have been severely crushed with those big long breaks in between the races.

We're back and things are at a very reasonable time (for us 'Muricans). and I still hope Red Bull absolutely eats it and Max leaves them high and dry. :lol:

Back