Formula 1 Qatar Airways British Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 194 comments
Two records - first person to win at the same track NINE times (moving on from the record shared with Schumacher) and longest gap between first and last (well, most recent) wins at 17 years and 27 days.

Which is almost an entire Kimi Antonelli.

Fantastic Grand Prix, bit of everything, drama, chases, overtakes. Happy for Lewis, a well earned win for him, gutted for Russell but I don't think he would have been on the podium.

Shoutout to Sargeant, solid drive.

Goddamn, the post race interview with Lando. As if they took his toys away. Ultimate sour puss.

That early call by the 4 or 5 cars go on inters turned out to be the absolute worst call to make, it was actually kind of a funny. Leclerc was lapped once, Perez twice. Ocon didn't even have a chance either when they gave up on the inters and went back to mediums.

McLaren though are making bad calls at every race which loses them wins. Lando's pit stop was already too late, keeping Piastri out there was just crazy. I don't know if it's the drivers or the team making the final decisions but something is wrong there.

Last edited:
Lando still showing some inexperience. I believe he wanted the softs instead of the hards where Max/Red Bull called it right between the two.
Damn, McLaren will need to take some blame here. Lando did say "Softs like Hamilton", but he also asked the pit, "or do you think medium, I don't mind" before the pit said, "We're going soft". I think pit wall should've made the call for him; everyone already knew the medium was the correct route.

Last edited:
Frustrating day, but McLaren is within a sniff of Ferrari for 2nd in the WCC by 7 points. Gogogogo!

tenor.gif

When did McLaren hire Ferrari strategists and why does Piastri also seem to get the worst end of it?

Latest Posts

Back