4. Russell
5. Leclerc
6. Hamilton
7. Sainz
8. Alonso
9. Hulkenberg
10. Perez

FL: Ricciardo

I can't imagine Zak will be happy a sister team was used to steal a point.

But, well done to Lando. A Grand Slam, if I'm not mistaken.

Using your second team to take a point away from your biggest competitor feels at least questionable if not illegal?

Curious to see if this will spawn some discussions.

Last edited:
Using your second team to take a point away from your biggest competitor feels at least questionable if not illegal?

Curious to see if this will spawn some discussions.
It may be a bit of poor sportsmanship, but I wouldn't know any reason for it being illegal

It may be a bit of poor sportsmanship, but I wouldn't know any reason for it being illegal
Isn't there some rule in place that RB can only have 2 teams if they keep them operationally separate?

I might be making stuff up.

Anyway. Mid race.

I think this is the first Singapore without a safety car? That would definitely help that.

Edit: Verstappen thanking Daniel isn't going to help matters.

Last edited:
Isn't there some rule in place that RB can only have 2 teams if they keep them operationally separate?

I might be making stuff up.
The team gets 1 more point than they would have done had Danny not got the FL. I don't think there's any sane Steward that would penalise VCARB for pitting a driver to get more points for him and for VCARB.

The team gets 1 more point than they would have done had Danny not got the FL. I don't think there's any sane Steward that would penalise VCARB for pitting a driver to get more points for him and for VCARB.
They didn't get a bonus point. You only get that if you finish top 10

Last edited:
Ric and VCARB don't get the point. You have to finish in the top 10 to get it. This was a play by RB to take it away from Lando. And it does feel dirty.

Last edited:
Not the most exciting race, but I can't really complain about the results.

Had a few dicey moments with the walls, but solid race for Lando.

Nice drive by Oscar. I thought he had pace to catch Max.

The Merc livery was nice. I quite liked that.

Haas points!

Weird to have Ricciardo take Fastest Lap. At least he kinda went out on a high. Shame to see him go.

WDC gonna be tight...

G4Ihli2UThrBS.webp

Not really the send-off you'd expect Red Bull to give him considering how much Horner has praised him.
If this is truly Danny's last race, then the way Red Bull has handled this has been really poor imo. Looking at how his demeanor has changed between Friday to today, It feels like nobody within the Red Bull orginization as a whole was giving Danny a straight answer until the proverbial last minute, leaving him to deal with the press' questions on the matter, which probably just did nothing but twist the knife even further. With how popular he is, and how much praise he's gotten from Horner in particular, they should've just ripped the Band Aid off much earlier, and make this race a solid send-off and celebration of Danny's F1 career.

Also, while I fully admit that Danny's performances over the last couple years haven not been good for the most part, it's truly wild to me that he's being sent out in such a fashion, but Checo (who I do actually like) is still keeping his seat somehow. Madness.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand the sequence of events.

Danny, by and large, has done pretty well at Toro Rosso (never calling them whatever their name is now :lol: ) but has consistently been at the mercy of the teams..."strategy calls". Same for Yuki as well, both drivers have been let down by the team and the car (which is slower than Aston) more often than not.

Whereas you have Checo, even if his circumstances are now being vindicated, is still falling behind Max by several places. With Daniel getting the FL, he's done more for Max in this one race than Checo's done for Max since, what, Miami? I like Checo and think he's undeniable (he's in Red Bull in the first place because of his undeniable performances at Force India), but he's not been consistent for nearly a dozen races now and is sitting pretty.

Daniel (and Yuki!) has consistently been at the mercy of his team and he's getting the boot? What!?

I honestly don't understand the sequence of events.

Danny, by and large, has done pretty well at Toro Rosso (never calling them whatever their name is now :lol: ) but has consistently been at the mercy of the teams..."strategy calls". Same for Yuki as well, both drivers have been let down by the team and the car (which is slower than Aston) more often than not.

Whereas you have Checo, even if his circumstances are now being vindicated, is still falling behind Max by several places. With Daniel getting the FL, he's done more for Max in this one race than Checo's done for Max since, what, Miami? I like Checo and think he's undeniable (he's in Red Bull in the first place because of his undeniable performances at Force India), but he's not been consistent for nearly a dozen races now and is sitting pretty.

Daniel (and Yuki!) has consistently been at the mercy of his team and he's getting the boot? What!?
Daniel was brought in to crush Yuki and move up to RB.

Unfortunately he did just OK at best.

Without the financial backing that Checo has and without stand out performances there is just no way to go for him anymore.

He can’t keep taking up a seat that is supposed to go to a Rookie if the door to RB is closed.

Is super unfortunate.

Oh and apparently Liam Lawson has something in his contract that would effectively make him a free agent if he doesn’t get a seat right about now.

Sad.

Daniel was brought in to crush Yuki and move up to RB.

Unfortunately he did just OK at best.

Without the financial backing that Checo has and without stand out performances there is just no way to go for him anymore.

He can’t keep taking up a seat that is supposed to go to a Rookie if the door to RB is closed.

Is super unfortunate.

Oh and apparently Liam Lawson has something in his contract that would effectively make him a free agent if he doesn’t get a seat right about now.

Sad.
I completely understand that, but it's increasingly difficult to crush anyone when your team is sabotaging (not intentionally, mind you, but sabotaging all the same) your race results because the strategy team is pulling said strategies from a fish bowl full of fortune receipts.

Unless Liam (assuming this does happen) disregards the things that have hampered Danny and Yuki, and will no doubt hamper him sooner rather than later, he won't fare much better. I'm talking full-on, Carlos Sainz-style making up his own strategies on the fly and telling them to "stop inventing". :lol:

Back