Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,964 comments
More evidence of why team modes are the absolute worst. :ouch:

Thankfully Infected is still fun to play so I still enjoyed it despite the hopelessness.

Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2021.11.28 - 08.05.00.91.png

I also passed my playtime of FH4 this morning. FH4 may have been a bit more stable, but FH5 is a better game (imo).

Last edited:
Whatever you do, don't decide to ignore it and play anyway because it will save over your cloud file and you definitely will lose your progress. Contact their support! I had this issue in FH3 and stupidly assumed I could play anyway then choose to pull my cloud save down later but it doesn't work that way, it just overwrites it without asking.
Someone in other gaming forum has managed to help me sort out this problem by suggesting i needed to update my Windows 10, so i did.

After updating it, i decided to launch the game and it's launcher was no longer stuck at 0% when syncing data.

Then the game successfully booted up and learned i did not lost all my progress, so that's one huge relief.

Last edited:
Neilsen arrived to complain about a game they've repeatedly said they won't play again then argue about it until everyone gets tired. What else is new.
The thread was soaked in complaints before I said anything. @UKMikey and @MagpieRacer started the argumentative style of discussion.

Put me on your ignore list if you get so tired reading my comments. You’re a qualified candidate for mine with useless inputs like that. What else is new? My name, apparently.

Nice to know that addressing another poster's takes is starting an argument. Like we didn't have right of reply, LOL.
Neilsen arrived to complain about a game they've repeatedly said they won't play again then argue about it until everyone gets tired. What else is new.
FH5 is new... this seems to have gone overlooked by the guy who just called Covid an excuse and who previously tried unsuccessfully to convince us all that Playground Games bribed the judges at E3 who said they were looking forward to it more than any other game this year.
I get to share my opinion that we’d be better off still playing FH4 with its inferior gameplay, which is still great by 2021 standards. FH5 a disaster? Don’t put words into my mounth.
You're welcome to play FH4 instead if you want. There are no FH5 bugs worthy of stopping the show and delaying the launch, which is exactly what you're implying. Such an opinion is... idiosyncratic at best, I feel.

Last edited:
My testing has concluded what is no doubt obvious to some: mid-engine, rear wheel drive cars make for much better rally vehicles than front-engine, rear wheel drive, as the extra weight over the drive wheels keeps them from losing traction and thus provides more reliable control when on the throttle. I won't say the Dino I violated fitted for B class rally is exactly Stratos-like, but it's a lot more stable under acceleration than the '91 BMW M3 I also built. And while I wouldn't expect it to hold up to even a badly tuned AWD car with the same PI, the MR rally cars are at least driveable and fun when you set them up right.

I still need a car to take on the A- and B-class Unbeatable AI in Cross Country and have been advised that the Jeep Trailcat is the best performing vehicle in Rivals. Is this accurate or does anyone have any other suggestions please?

You're welcome to play FH4 instead if you want. There are no FH5 bugs worthy of stopping the show and delaying the launch, which is exactly what you're implying. Such an opinion is... idiosyncratic at best, I feel.
Like I didn’t know? From the get go I have basically been defending the idea of sticking with FH4, but thanks.

I didn’t imply any such thing, and it’s not my fault that you read assumptions into my words, and then use it as bait to provoke a prolonged argument. Indeed, what else is new?

Warning: the game wiped my save data. This is on PC, it's not cloud-related (I made sure to turn cloud saving off), and the game did not offer any kind of warning or indication that I saw. I had just finished collecting 40 points on the current playlist, returned home, switched cars, and exited the game from the menu. I came back later, started the game, and it greeted me with the first-time setup and a new game. By then, it was too late to rescue my data.

It kept my control bindings and some of my video settings, but not the difficulty, audio, or other video settings. In the save folder, all the livery files for my cars were still there. After grinding back through the introductory part of the game (insult to injury), I confirmed everything else is gone.

Whatever they goofed, that is really something in a game where cars are special limited prizes. I'll have to re-motivate myself to collect the 22B. Maybe I'll settle for collecting it later. No McLaren F1 for me, that's for sure.

Now that I know where the save data is, I will keep backups.

The thread was soaked in complaints before I said anything. @UKMikey and @MagpieRacer started the argumentative style of discussion.

Put me on your ignore list if you get so tired reading my comments. You’re a qualified candidate for mine with useless inputs like that. What else is new? My name, apparently.
You have no idea what you are talking about, ever. You consistently spout useless drivel. You start arguing everytime you show up here then blame everyone else for responding. Grow up, go outside or better yet leave us all alone. Everyone here is clearly tires of your antics. Don't respond to me again.

Nice to know that addressing another poster's takes is starting an argument. Like we didn't have right of reply, LOL.
You can reply to something without being argumentative. You could have disagreed, but you chose to argue against my opinion.

FH5 is new... this seems to have gone overlooked by the guy who just called Covid an excuse and who previously tried unsuccessfully to convince us all that Playground Games bribed the judges at E3 who said they were looking forward to it more than any other game this year.
Ah yes, the awards. Like when FH4 interestingly won BAFTA’s GOTY of 2018 over RDR2. The game people were ready to leave behind the very moment FH5 launched packed with fresh issues and cut content.

You have no idea what you are talking about, ever. You consistently spout useless drivel. You start arguing everytime you show up here then blame everyone else for responding. Grow up, go outside or better yet leave us all alone. Everyone here is clearly tires of your antics. Don't respond to me again.

You’re the one having no clue. I posted an opinion, and it’s not my fault that you cannot handle it. Don’t mention me if you cannot deal with the response.

Last edited:

One could say they enjoy being the contrarian and devil's advocate to a hilarious degree. And love to absolutely gaslight people by saying 'I never said that' even when it is crystal clear what they said, and what they mean.

There are a few PC players experiencing more serious issues (I think @GilesGuthrie has mentioned it won't even run a couple of times), but largely the issues that are there are close to inconsequential unless you're aiming to do the specific thing the issue covers.
The game runs, but I can't complete either of the first two Horizon story missions, so I'm locked out of all of the content, save driving around aimlessly.

Now that I know where the save data is, I will keep backups.
Really sorry for what happened. I always fear about something like that and I make backups of my save too.
But I think I read somewhere in the official board that we are actually not allowed to replace or add our own savegame backups in case the data is corrupt. Tampering with the save will result in a ban.

I'm not sure what I would do if my save would get corrupted. Yes, I could bring it back from my backups, but I might risk getting banned. Probably the only way to do it, is by contacting the official support and asking if it is ok to use a savegame backup because the original is corrupted.

Pretty much everything you have posted in the last couple of pages is uninformed, hyperbolic flame bait.

Strange, considering it was the collective complaints over the last few pages which inspired my take. This so-called “flame bait” happens to reflect my viewpoint.

One could say they enjoy being the contrarian and devil's advocate to a hilarious degree. And love to absolutely gaslight people by saying 'I never said that' even when it is crystal clear what they said, and what they mean.

So you essentially think I’m sick in my head. I’m just honest when others tend to convince themselves that everything is fine, like you’re in denial.

Last edited:
Strange, considering it was the collective complaints over the last few pages which inspired my take. This so-called “flame bait” happens to reflect my viewpoint.

Once again - everyone knows what you do. How you more or less come into threads, say something inflammatory (or straight up wrong) and then proceed to gas light people who point out your habits and your wrong opinions by insisting that you didn't say that, that you are being taken out of context, and that you find it 'strange' that people do not appreciate your take. We all know what you do. It's tired, and old.

Forgetting the fact that Famine probably put it best, that FH5 is lacking a top coat of primer in terms of polish, but still 85% playable in most every regard, people who compare this to the GTA Definitive Trilogy or especially Cyberpunk are only doing this to be hyperbolic. In what universe is FH5 anywhere close to Cyberpunk especially, a game that, it should be noted, was taken off a console OEM's store front because it was so buggy, and was buggy enough for said store front to offer refunds when they never did before?

If you want to continue playing FH4, that's fine. And its your right. But of all the people to come in with 'opinions' about FH5, I, alongside other people in this thread it seems, don't have the time to listen to the guy who seemingly had it out for FH5 since its announcement, and who seriously believes that what has been presented within FH5's launch period is anything more then inconvenience or poorly worded at worst, and can absolutely change.

I still need a car to take on the A- and B-class Unbeatable AI in Cross Country and have been advised that the Jeep Trailcat is the best performing vehicle in Rivals. Is this accurate or does anyone have any other suggestions please?
The Chevy ZR2 is really OP against Unbeatable AI in B class. Also very easy to drive. In alternative the Scout and Wrangler are both really good.
As for A class, go for the Merc X-class or the Raptors. They will do the job against AI. There is however an OP vehicle in A class.... but I refuse to drive the Boneshaker.. The Trailcat is good but others are better against AI, imo.

I just found a proper cheese way to get to the harder fast travel boards on the buildings. Make a route that goes past the building with a ramp onto the building, stop on the building and quit the race and you are left on the building to get the fast travel board 😂

Well, in another light, the Renault 8 Gordini ended up being an excellent characterful driver with minimal mods for the D500 class. I found myself aimlessly driving it nearly half an hour after acquisition (and eventually, doing The Marathon for kicks) just because it seems to have a genuinely playful soul to it, not unlike my C600 CRX build.

I hope more thoughtful/enjoyable vehicles like this continue to be added to the franchise as we continue onward.

Judging by all the complaints about this game, the world would have been better off if they had kept supporting FH4 up until the release of Forza Motorsport. Maybe with a paid third expansion to generate a bit of income, but here we are with a crippled car roster, unprecedented bugs and seasons you can barely tell apart from each other because Mexico. Cash grab because FM8 didn’t happen, and capitalizing on the fact that Forza has recently made it onto a plethora of different platforms. They saw easy money at the expense of the community they like to portray an image of catering to. :grumpy:
Take the route I've taken and just put the game down for a while. I did the same thing with FH4, that led to me enjoying the game a little more towards the end of the game's life.

Once again - everyone knows what you do. How you more or less come into threads, say something inflammatory (or straight up wrong) and then proceed to gas light people who point out your habits and your wrong opinions by insisting that you didn't say that, that you are being taken out of context, and that you find it 'strange' that people do not appreciate your take. We all know what you do. It's tired, and old.

What did I say that can be disproved? My initial post in this debacle wasn’t wrong and the controversial bits have some truth to them. It’s only hyperbole and inflammatory if you’re too sensitive to recognize that there are opinions different to your own.

What you say I do I’m not aware of myself, and I cannot even wrap my head around what it would be. You come across somewhat paranoid.

Forgetting the fact that Famine probably put it best, that FH5 is lacking a top coat of primer in terms of polish, but still 85% playable in most every regard, people who compare this to the GTA Definitive Trilogy or especially Cyberpunk are only doing this to be hyperbolic. In what universe is FH5 anywhere close to Cyberpunk especially, a game that, it should be noted, was taken off a console OEM's store front because it was so buggy, and was buggy enough for said store front to offer refunds when they never did before?

I actually pointed out that FH5 is no where near as bad as the remastered GTA Trilogy. Did you even read my posts, or are you just tagging along with the baseless assumptions that I have some hidden agenda of sorts?

If you want to continue playing FH4, that's fine. And its your right.

Are you sure it’s fine? Because me implying as much seems to have triggered something.

But of all the people to come in with 'opinions' about FH5, I, alongside other people in this thread it seems, don't have the time to listen to the guy who seemingly had it out for FH5 since its announcement, and who seriously believes that what has been presented within FH5's launch period is anything more then inconvenience or poorly worded at worst, and can absolutely change.

Did I say it’s more than an inconvenience? Nope, but the inconveniences in FH5 are enough for me to still consider FH4 as the most convenient of the two games, hence the point we wouldn’t be worse off if PG had instead supported FH4 throughout the wait for Forza Motorsport. How inflammatory I am. This is essentially why I was sceptical of FH5 since its announcement, and here you guys are dealing with its problems. Imagine if I had bought it too, then you just say I’m a hypocrite. That’s how you are.

Last edited:
How you more or less come into threads, say something inflammatory (or straight up wrong) and then proceed to gas light people who point out your habits and your wrong opinions by insisting that you didn't say that, that you are being taken out of context, and that you find it 'strange' that people do not appreciate your take.

What did I say that can be disproved? My initial post in this debacle wasn’t wrong and the controversial bits has some truth to them. It’s only hyperbole and inflammatory if you’re too sensitive to recognize that there are opinions different to your own.

So you essentially think I’m sick in my head. I’m just honest when others tend to convince themselves that everything is fine, like you’re in denial.

Like clockwork.

I don't know if you can get it through your thick **** head of yours, but this debate you try to rope people into is done. Go take your persecution complex somewhere else. I'm certainly done partaking in it.

Like clockwork.

I don't know if you can get it through your thick **** head of yours, but this debate you try to rope people into is done. Go take your persecution complex somewhere else. I'm certainly done partaking in it.

In other words, there’s no substance behind your claims. Waste of my time.

You can reply to something without being argumentative. You could have disagreed, but you chose to argue against my opinion.

Ah yes, the awards. Like when FH4 interestingly won BAFTA’s GOTY of 2018 over RDR2. The game people were ready to leave behind the very moment FH5 launched packed with fresh issues and cut content.

You’re the one having no clue. I posted an opinion, and it’s not my fault that you cannot handle it. Don’t mention me if you cannot deal with the response.
People can handle opinions but your claiming the game shouldn’t have been released and FH4 should have stuck around and Forza Motorsport was sacrificed for it, the car list isn’t good enough blah blah.

Only some of that is opinion, most of it just inciting arguments. The reason you posted is because a few people were complaining about a couple minor bugs and you weighed in with an opinion formed from that rather than actually playing the game. FH4 was a much loved game and set a high bar for FH5 so little niggles will be more obvious. But as has been stated multiple times, there’s nothing gamebreaking, nothing to think the game shouldn’t have launched (which in itself is an unbelievably outlandish claim soaked in “I haven’t played the game”) and absolutely no reason to think FH4 should have continued living in its place. It is far superior to FH4 in my opinion and I’m sure many others too.

Take the route I've taken and just put the game down for a while. I did the same thing with FH4, that led to me enjoying the game a little more towards the end of the game's life.
I don’t even think he has the game.

On a more related and worthwhile note I have today completed all PR stunts with 3 stars. Something I never achieved in Horizon 4, so that’s a pretty worthwhile Sunday for me. All the stories are complete too now as well, albeit not all 3 stars yet but completed no less.

On a more related and worthwhile note I have today completed all PR stunts with 3 stars. Something I never achieved in Horizon 4, so that’s a pretty worthwhile Sunday for me. All the stories are complete too now as well, albeit not all 3 stars yet but completed no less.
I've been occupying my time by putting myself back at the top of my friends list everytime I pass a Speed Trap/Danger Sign/Speed zone etc where one of them has beaten my previous score lol. Having said that, @breyzipp is starting to piss me off... 😂
😂

People can handle opinions but your claiming the game shouldn’t have been released and FH4 should have stuck around and Forza Motorsport was sacrificed for it, the car list isn’t good enough blah blah.

I didn’t say Forza Motorsport was sacrified for FH5. Not even close. I said FH5 was released to compensate for delayed income over Forza Motorsport taking much longer than usual to develop.

Ok, let’s say people can handle different opinions. Then why is it unacceptable to claim that FH4 should have stuck around? It wouldn’t be intolerable to play as most people seem fine with the fact that FH5 largely continues the same formula.

Only some of that is opinion, most of it just inciting arguments. The reason you posted is because a few people were complaining about a couple minor bugs and you weighed in with an opinion formed from that rather than actually playing the game. FH4 was a much loved game and set a high bar for FH5 so little niggles will be more obvious. But as has been stated multiple times, there’s nothing gamebreaking, nothing to think the game shouldn’t have launched (which in itself is an unbelievably outlandish claim soaked in “I haven’t played the game”) and absolutely no reason to think FH4 should have continued living in its place. It is far superior to FH4 in my opinion and I’m sure many others too.

The bug reports inspired my comment, but those aren’t the emphasis of my own concerns. For me FH5 boils down to charging people for a new map on which seasonal differences are far less pronounced, and the name change from FH4 to FH5 meant we lost a bunch of manufactures and car models. They also had to license a ton of new music for the radio stations, which sadly must impact the size of the car licensing budget. For what? Better gameplay and some refined audio. Just not worth it to me, and then all hell breaks loose with people getting argumentative and accusing me of ulterior motives as I explain why. Crazy!

Last edited:
Back