Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,966 comments
With Series 1 coming to an end and Series 2 cars already lurking around the corner I thought it would be interesting to give an overview of the most rare cars in the game so far. I’ve seen people mention that the LaFerrari is the most rare care in the game. Not correct IMO since every account of those nearly 12 million players has a LaFerrari in them. And with more and more Ferrari cars added to the game, it will also be easier and easier to unlock it.

Below is the list of the truly most rare cars in the game at this point. They were only available for a limited time through the festival playlist or Forzathon shop and by no other means obtainable. Many other seasonal reward cars are not on this list because they are also available from wheelspins, accolades or the autoshow and can still be obtained today.

The Honda NSX-R GT is the most rare car at this moment since it was exclusive to the “prologue“ Series 0 which ran from early access Friday November 2nd until the start of Season 1 on Thursday November 11th. Players without early access (= the majority of those 11.5 mill) only had just over 2 days to get the car. Even with that double loot bug most early access players (myself included) even had this car twice but that doesn’t take away from it still being the most rare car.

1638564846723.jpeg

If you missed out on any of these cars, don’t panic! Don’t go crazy on the auction house if you’d have to sell an arm and a leg for it. 😄 If the way Plaground Games handled cars in FH4 is any indication, then for all of these cars you will have a 2nd, 3rd or more chance in future events. Keep an eye out on the Festival playlists and the Forzathon shop. But it can take up to +/- 6 months or so until they return.

Just looked at who's online in Horizon Life ingame and see only 12 players yet have 11 million players, quality

Last edited:

4eghrj5zie381.jpg

q47ufj5zie381.jpg

Another leak that excites me found on reddit.
We already knew about the Mazda 323 GTR back in the FH4 days, but now we finally found a thumbnail of it.
Mazda's rally weapon has always been underrated in racing games. Now Forza is giving up the mundane Rotary & MX-5 lineup and getting a unique Mazda.

View attachment 1097581

View attachment 1097582

Another leak that excites me found on reddit.
We already knew about the Mazda 323 GTR back in the FH4 days, but now we finally found a thumbnail of it.
Mazda's rally weapon has always been underrated in racing games. Now Forza is giving up the mundane Rotary & MX-5 lineup and getting a unique Mazda.

Finally a new Volkswagen production car as well! I think this is the facelifted Volkswagen Golf R (not the current-gen Golf R).

I'm reasonably pleased with the notes for this update, but why is the speech volume setting still not working? I haven't done much "story" content and I'm already done with all the characters in this game. I don't want to hear them say a word anymore.

I hate scripts like in this game. So insincere and cringe. Please. Spare me. The option is supposed to exist.

Just sat watching a black screen after finding a gift drop and sending thanks. First real issue I've had.

My fear is that instead of just giving us the Espada, we’ll get this instead: “Microsoft and Playground Games have partnered with XXXX Elo, Hervé Castagno, owner of French auto body shop Carrosserie Hervé and French automotive customizer Alexandre Danton of Danton Arts Kustoms to bring you the 1968 Lamborghini Espada Rat Rod!”
View attachment 1097550
View attachment 1097549
View attachment 1097551
My bigger fear is it would turn out to be hellafun and I would end up using it as my daily driver and go-to racer.
I have blocked that... thing in my mind. It doesn't exist.

Just when I thought PG couldn't possibly make this game any dumber they do something like this.... and totally redeem themselves!

Arcade is now at of the opposite end where it's nearly impossible to fail, but I did a drift one and it was a very fun little diversion, which is exactly what that mode should be. :cheers:

Egh I’ve had more crashes in the last 15 minutes since I’ve downloaded the update, then I have in the 100+hours I have in the rest of the game combined. I’ve gotten a black screen twice now, both times backing out of the auto show. I can still hear music playing, screens just black. It crashed twice on startup twice on me too. Im on Xbox series X.

Last edited:
The game is pretty broken on Xbox after this update. 99% of the time upgrading or painting your car will now leave you stuck on an infinite saving screen where the only option is to quit the game via the dashboard. There is a chance that any "fade to black" loading screen will cause a soft-lock regardless of what you are doing. Receiving gift cars and buying from the auction house seem to be bad for this but I've had it occur just loading in to an event. On top of these there is now audio stuttering during every race. Oh and if you do manage to get around the soft-locks then the loading times in general are now much longer.

It's one of the worst patches I've seen on any game in a long time. I've worked in the games industry for almost 10 years now and I'm honestly amazed that this made it through Xbox cert testing.

Last edited:
Egh I’ve had more crashes in the last 15 minutes since I’ve downloaded the update, then I have in the 100+hours I have in the rest of the game combined. I’ve gotten a black screen twice now, both times backing out of the auto show. I can still here music playing, screens just black. It crashed twice on startup twice on me too. Im on Xbox series X.

The game is pretty broken on Xbox after this update. 99% of the time upgrading or painting your car will now leave you stuck on an infinite saving screen where the only option is to quit the game via the dashboard. There is a chance that any "fade to black" loading screen will cause a soft-lock regardless of what you are doing. Receiving gift cars and buying from the auction house seem to be bad for this but I've had it occur just loading in to an event. On top of these there is now audio stuttering during every race. Oh and if you do manage to get around the soft-locks then the loading times in general are now much longer.

It's one of the worst patches I've seen on any game in a long time. I've worked in the games industry for almost 10 years now and I'm honestly amazed that this made it through Xbox cert testing.

Well that sucks. It's great on pc. I played for a couple hours without any issues. Did about 4 Forzathons and 2 of the seasonal championships. Hopefully they'll get Xbox sorted.

Last edited:
Yikes! I was looking forward to playing when I got home from work, now I'm not so sure I want to turn on my Series X...

Been meaning to ask if you've found this as well, since you're extremely well versed in these sort of discoveries. If you've already addressed it, my apologies.

This looks like a scrapped map concept for a Horizon game in Japan.
Divisions of every new (possible) Car Pass car:
  1. Audi TT RS '18 - Modern Sports Cars (January 27th, 2022)
  2. Ferrari FXX K EVO '18 - Extreme Track Toys (January 20th, 2022)
  3. Ferrari J50 '17 - Modern Supercars (December 9th, 2021)
  4. Ferrari Monza SP2 '19 - Super GT (December 16th, 2021)
  5. Jaguar XJ13 '66 - Classic Racers (January 6th, 2022)
  6. Jaguar XJ220S TWR '93 - Retro Supercars (January 13th, 2022)
  7. Lamborghini Aventador SVJ '18 - Hypercars (Likely February 3rd, 2022)
  8. Lamborghini Espada 400 GT '73 - Retro Supercars (December 23rd, 2021)
  9. Lamborghini Huracan EVO '20 - Modern Supercars (December 30th, 2021)
Wait, you won't be able to get these cars through the seasonal events? That's annoying.

Last edited:
Perhaps the infinite save glitch only occurs on Xbox Series X or Series X/Series S?
I'm playing on an OG Xbox One and have yet to encounter these glitches.

Also, as a change not included in these patch notes, they seem to have changed the way drift scores are tallied in the drift zone.
Apparently the same driving style as before will result in lower points.
It seems that after the update you will need to drift with a wider line and utilize dirt.

If I recall correctly, way back in Australia there was a leak which referenced a Bugatti Type 57, but I've never seen it since. It's been four or five years and I still keep hoping that Bugatti makes it into the game.

Aerolithe
aerolithe.jpg

Atlantic
1066274-1024.jpg

Atalante
atalante.jpg

I don't care which one. I just want a Type 57 in the game.

Last edited:
VXR
Pretty serious fall from grace when 4 was unquestionably stable.
I can’t recall clearly, but while FH4 had some issues, it wasn’t to the magnitude of the issues of FH5, right?

I just want them to fix the memory leak issue. Getting unstable FPS after playing an hour or so.

So yeah, I could almost finish an Horizon Arcade game by myself (drifting) and got 40 FP out of that and the points for the seasonal Forzathon... still, I hope they kill the idea with fire and we return to the big old pink dot in the map. Attendance in FH4 was never an issue! :banghead:

I just want them to fix the memory leak issue. Getting unstable FPS after playing an hour or so.
I think the update before this most recent one ****ed things up on my PC. I'm experiencing constant fluctuations that I don't think were an issue before. They're quite conspicuous.

Has anyone re-attempted any of the borked story accolades yet? Like taking the shortcut in the final chapter of the Mexican wrestlers story? Or getting photos of the third statue in the archeology story? I know there's more, but those are the first two I can think of that I've done and never gotten the credit.

Has anyone re-attempted any of the borked story accolades yet? Like taking the shortcut in the final chapter of the Mexican wrestlers story? Or getting photos of the third statue in the archeology story? I know there's more, but those are the first two I can think of that I've done and never gotten the credit.
Interestingly, these were ones where I didn't have an issue.

They are working now. I just finished the photo of Ek' Balam(is it?) and the short cut at the last race in Lucha Libre.

Also I'm really happy I'm still playing on OneS for once. Zero problems here so far.

And a warning for those that want to attempt those multiple Arcade events (2 in 30min, 5 in 24h and 10 in 5h) be aware that changing your car or using fast travel will reset the challenge!

Back