Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,966 comments
And a warning for those that want to attempt those multiple Arcade events (2 in 30min, 5 in 24h and 10 in 5h) be aware that changing your car or using fast travel will reset the challenge!
Now that's some quality intel.

...we’ll be sending all Forza Horizon 5 players 1,000 Forzathon Points alongside the next content update’s release to be used to acquire rare cars, horns, clothing and wheelspins from the Forzathon Shop.
Looks like this also gets doubled with the 2x FP house perk? I could swear I only had ~2600FP yesterday, but after receiving the 1000FP gift I now have 4600FP.

Finished all the XP boards today, no issues with the update on my Xbox series X. Also got this today
8B705739-CC3F-4012-8A43-7C5D1523C4C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like this also gets doubled with the 2x FP house perk? I could swear I only had ~2600FP yesterday, but after receiving the 1000FP gift I now have 4600FP.
It looks like that is the case. Had 2000 before the update yesterday and when I started the game this morning I found 4000FP and the message.

Last edited:
Have you tried upgrading or painting your car? That's when most of the issues occur, that and buying something from the auction house or receiving a gift in a barn.
I received my gift car just fine when I got one today only time it “froze” was when I upgraded my crown vic and it wouldn’t back out after I upgraded it, but after I restarted the game it was already saved with the upgrades still on it. Painting was fine too, I haven’t bought anything from the auction house yet.

I`ve been to four different "barns" or garages to pick up gifted cars but no cars has appeared so far.

I`ve have gifted out some, ten (2x5) 1964 Chevrolet Impalas dressed up as barn-finds wearing this paint:
code 115 175 063

and hotted up with a turboed Corvette-engine+semislicks & tuned suspension, code 442 235 880

This overlooked & underestimated old brick has been my favorite ride since H4

Has anyone re-attempted any of the borked story accolades yet? Like taking the shortcut in the final chapter of the Mexican wrestlers story? Or getting photos of the third statue in the archeology story? I know there's more, but those are the first two I can think of that I've done and never gotten the credit.
They are working now. I just finished the photo of Ek' Balam(is it?) and the short cut at the last race in Lucha Libre.
The shortcut definitely works, but half of the El Camino photos still don't.

I've not been able to trigger the Accolade at Agua Azul, Mulege, or Copper Canyon despite the Photo Challenge being marked as complete (again) and with the statue as the ONLY thing in the photograph :lol:

I`ve been to four different "barns" or garages to pick up gifted cars but no cars has appeared so far.
When you receive a gift car the barn will change it's icon on the map. No need to drive from one barn to another. If there's no barn with a present icon that means you have no gifts to collect.

Now that you mentioned gift cars. Did somebody received an unusual amount of Kudos from gifted cars? I received 12 today but that is a little bit too much. Could be related to the patch...
I've not been able to trigger the Accolade at Agua Azul, Mulege, or Copper Canyon despite the Photo Challenge being marked as complete (again) and with the statue as the ONLY thing in the photograph :lol:
Did you took the photo of the statue? Because I took all the photos right after entering the purple zone, got the stars too, but not the accolades. Went back to find those statues and took a picture of them. Only then the accolade unlocked.

Edit. Never mind... Haven't read the whole post. :dunce:

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, way back in Australia there was a leak which referenced a Bugatti Type 57, but I've never seen it since. It's been four or five years and I still keep hoping that Bugatti makes it into the game.
FM3 leaked a Hyundai Genesis saloon, and FM4 a Fisker Karma and Skoda Fabia RS - sometimes these cars were just considered and never made, or licensing issues caused them to be abandoned. A Type 57 would be a perfect barn find though.
Has anyone re-attempted any of the borked story accolades yet? Like taking the shortcut in the final chapter of the Mexican wrestlers story? Or getting photos of the third statue in the archeology story? I know there's more, but those are the first two I can think of that I've done and never gotten the credit.
All of the story accolades work now, I'd finished all of them except those two before the patch, and got those immediately after it was installed. The photo behind the waterfall is finicky, but the rest were fine.
In the Horizon promo menu, the '03 Celica is listed as an SS-1, and the 1929 Merc is an SSK. Yet all the Chevies are still branded Super Sports.
It may be a specific request from Chevy's marketing that Super Sports is the desired naming, and not SS. They ultimately have control over how their product is represented in the game, and it's far from the biggest change that a manufacturer will have asked for.
And a warning for those that want to attempt those multiple Arcade events (2 in 30min, 5 in 24h and 10 in 5h) be aware that changing your car or using fast travel will reset the challenge!
Excellent, good find. I did try it earlier and wondered why they were broken. Looks like I have three hours in a drift car ahead of me then.

Save issues are happening for me too, Series X.
before the patch we only had online issues, but now this one is definitely game affecting for me. Frustrating.

They are working now. I just finished the photo of Ek' Balam(is it?) and the short cut at the last race in Lucha Libre.

Also I'm really happy I'm still playing on OneS for once. Zero problems here so far.

How dumb is this? I just did two in 30 mins, apparently on my own as I saw nobody else and the targets were very low. I didn't fast travel between the two arcade events but drove and waited. Didn't change cars. But in the final one, I was 6 miles away from the zone I needed to get to, and only had a few mins to get there by very twisty roads so I fast travelled and that did indeed cancel the progress on the accolades. This must be a bug, not by design?!

I am wondering if I can even close the game or do any other activity other than wait for these 10 arcade events in one session. I've just done a third, completed 'double time' and the other two are on 2/5 and 2/10.

edit - done the 5 in 24h one, the other is 5/10, will try and complete it too.

Last edited:
Have you tried upgrading or painting your car? That's when most of the issues occur, that and buying something from the auction house or receiving a gift in a barn.
I've done all of these on my Series X and the only time it froze up was when exiting races as per @PJ above. With its quick loading times, it's faster to quit the game and restart than wait several minutes.

Last edited:
The new update has killed it on series X, load times have doubled and buying and upgrading cars causes a neverending save screen more often than not. Arcade seems better, so that's something I guess.

Theres a new accolade category called “Evolving World”. It looks like it will seasonally themed.
Scroll down to the McLaren picture :D

Also no issues on Series X for me yesterday, but I was pretty much only checking out the "fixed" Accolades. I'll have to see later.

Last edited:
How dumb is this? I just did two in 30 mins, apparently on my own as I saw nobody else and the targets were very low. I didn't fast travel between the two arcade events but drove and waited. Didn't change cars. But in the final one, I was 6 miles away from the zone I needed to get to, and only had a few mins to get there by very twisty roads so I fast travelled and that did indeed cancel the progress on the accolades. This must be a bug, not by design?!

I am wondering if I can even close the game or do any other activity other than wait for these 10 arcade events in one session. I've just done a third, completed 'double time' and the other two are on 2/5 and 2/10.

edit - done the 5 in 24h one, the other is 5/10, will try and complete it too.
I think it's a bug too. Maybe nobody complained about it before the patch because only a few attempted them. For me it was impossible to do them before because of the broken convoy.
If it is like this by design than there really is a troll working in the studio.
And I guess matchmaking still doesn't work properly since I'm alone most of the times. Which is not a bad thing and I always finish the third round faster if alone.

I've done 8 now, I'll have 10 done in the next half an hour hopefully, unless the game crashes or something which would probably reset it. I think all but two of them, I was alone. The other two I had one person with me. I wouldn't particularly care about the accolade per se, but you never know if they're going to add an achievement related to them in future, and it's possible they'll raise the bar again for this mode in a future patch. It's gone from being punishingly difficult before the patch to extremely easy.

edit - I got it.

Attachments

• Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2021.12.04 - 14.04.27.19.png
    Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2021.12.04 - 14.04.27.19.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
When you receive a gift car the barn will change it's icon on the map. No need to drive from one barn to another. If there's no barn with a present icon that means you have no gifts to collect.
Looks like you have misunderstood something here. Who would go to another barn?

No, I`ve got four gift-messages during the last days and even if I`ve went away to pick them up I`ve
recieved nuthin so far, not even another 1965 Transit

Now that you mentioned gift cars. Did somebody received an unusual amount of Kudos from gifted cars? I received 12 today but that is a little bit too much. Could be related to the patch...
I think something was just preventing the delivery notifications from going through for the last few days. I gifted out 7 that I didn't got a confirmation for, and then last night all of them just popped in at once. Sent out a couple more afterwards and got notified pretty quickly, so I have a hard time thinking they all just sat uncollected for almost a week.

I very much hate how these Accolades don't actually include the name of the chapter in them, but as things stand:

Chapter 1 (Into The Storm) - Watcher in the Storm - Working
Chapter 2 (El Camino de Sidney Wolverstone) - The Canyon Statue - Copper Canyon - Fixed
Chapter 3/4 (Statue at Sunset/Statue at Noon) - Hidden by Shadows - Cabo San Lucas - Working
Chapter 5 (Mulege) - The Mulege Watcher - Mulege - Fixed
Chapter 6 (Cascadas) - Statues Beneath Blue Water - Agua Azul - Kinda fixed but glitchy (
see here)
Chapter 7 (Valle de las Ranas) - No Photo Accolade
Chapter 8 (Ek'Balam) - The Third Statue of Tlaloc - Ek'Balam - Fixed
Chapter 9 (Temple at Quenchula) - Proof Positive - Temple of Quechula - Fixed

It seems as if, in all cases, you need literally a photo of the statue centred on the face (which might explain why the three statues one is still broken; I'll try again with new angles) to trigger the Accolade. All the "arty" shots I took of car and statue didn't trigger a thing, but repeating the event with that second, perfunctory shot got it in all cases except Agua Azul.

Edit: Yep, Agua Azul is still broken. Cannot trigger the Accolade at all.

I'd swear there was an Accolade for Valle de las Ranas before though.

Last edited:
The shortcut definitely works, but half of the El Camino photos still don't.

Have you driven right up to the statues and triggered the dialogue about them re: the Agua Azul one? The dialogue needs to trigger first. I did that, then used the zoom on my camera to zoom out and take in the whole thing without leaving the inside of the waterfall.

Have you driven right up to the statues and triggered the dialogue about them re: the Agua Azul one? The dialogue needs to trigger first. I did that, then used the zoom on my camera to zoom out and take in the whole thing without leaving the inside of the waterfall.
Yep. No dice. I've even tried the other procedural steps others have commented on, including pinning the Accolade first and putting the camera right onto the statues.

None of these photos worked to trigger the Accolade:

ee343f58-d942-4fa5-820d-f27e7a737ae0

fe4e9f35-10df-4b9f-9267-fa411690f2a8

63412e9f-2303-4f41-a467-b7ad392adcda

5a5d816f-31bd-4cd4-939c-324637e520d2

71edecd1-96bd-4581-babb-a053df884862

929ecac0-4f1d-4604-889f-80d08d20ff27

3db9a579-dd72-4d7e-9083-96516242c19e

Last edited:
Try facing it head on with the camera, then zooming out more to include the entrance on the side. If that doesn't work, then it might be bugged for you. I had no issues with it...

One of these three triggered it. No idea why.

74c77504-8f53-442d-b590-e41498ca29e8

5937e1cb-c69e-4de4-8303-9420ab1fffbd

6939fa45-162d-4ce6-afd7-b8fccc686efb

So we can call this "fixed/working but as sensitive as all **** to something nobody can possibly determine".

My process for this was:

• Pin the Accolade before you even go to the Story start point
  • Drive the entire route slowly enough to allow the woman to say everything, including "keep heading west" when you're actually going east...
  • Drive into the waterfall cavern and wait long enough for "you" to say "Look at them" etc. and her to respond that nobody's seen them since Sidney Wolverstone
  • Take many photos; make sure all parts of all three statues are in-frame
  • Try to replicate those three images above
  • Cross everything
  • Sacrifice a frog in the name of Tlaloc

Back