Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,966 comments
This is going to be very nitpicky, but anyway... Some time ago I noticed that HUD tachometers very often go above what we can see in cars' interiors. I usually use outside camera to appreciate car models and noticed this when some cars were topping out way earlier than the tachometer would suggest. Here's a 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3, 2k RPM difference:

3ubKFgr.jpg

Other than that, I completed my BMW set today and checked these cars: 2018 M5, 2013 M6 coupe, 2012 M5, 2011 1M, 2008 Z4 M, 1988 M5, 1991 M3. 1-2k RPM above real tachos... All of them bone stock too, so no upgrades that would increase maximum RPM.

Mad The Simpsons GIF

That was a really hard achievement! The Polaris is the worst Eliminator car imo. I lost to a lv4 BMW X5 in it. Even to a Mini Buggy... Yes, it has a good top speed, but the acceleration is worst than everything else. For a lv8 car it's just horrible.
The Polaris Truck in FH4's Eliminator used to be a Level 10 car upgraded with All-Wheel Drive swap, making it one of the most powerful and stable cars in cross-country head-to-head races. I guess the nerf bat has finally caught up with it.

It's not automatic. They give them to you as a gift in the message centre. Did you look there?
Yep, I did I saw the message and it said "You have been gifted 1000 Forzathon Points" and I then backed out of the menu thinking they had already given me them due to the wording.

I went back just now and pressed A on the message and it worked. I didn't realise I had to claim them because of the wording of the message. Thanks again Mikey!

The Polaris Truck in FH4's Eliminator used to be a Level 10 car upgraded with All-Wheel Drive swap, making it one of the most powerful and stable cars in cross-country head-to-head races. I guess the nerf bat has finally caught up with it.
So true. In FH4 it could keep up with a lv10 Bugatti in acceleration. Here it can barely keep up with the Vocho. Actually no. If both hit a tree the Vocho would still win. :lol:

Yikes, the Drop it like its Hot must be the must frustrating championship ever! The rubberbanding has never been more blatant, there is no grip for you in the track (only for the AI) even if you go with the Bugatti EB110, which also uncharacteristically slides and oversteers all over the place... Blah, take your lousy super wheelspin. Trust me, drop i like its turd! :banghead::yuck:

Yikes, the Drop it like its Hot must be the must frustrating championship ever! The rubberbanding has never been more blatant, there is no grip for you in the track (only for the AI) even if you go with the Bugatti EB110, which also uncharacteristically slides and oversteers all over the place... Blah, take your lousy super wheelspin. Trust me, drop i like its turd! :banghead::yuck:
Embarrassingly, I used the '93 F1 - that I definitely shouldn't have dropped fifteen million ill-gotten Willys exploit credits on - to complete this event and the series, only to end up winning another F1 which I'll have to sell on the AH for a fraction of the cost. /1stworldproblems

Had to do a bit of wallriding and divebombing to get ahead though, it was far from a clean race.

Last edited:
Yeah… let’s not pretend that you fall into that same camp. :lol:
there’s nothing constructive about your “criticism,” you’ve never even played the game.
I actually tried the game yesterday, and the experience didn’t change my mind on any of the points I recently raised in this thread. Not that it could have anyway, because like I said at the time, you don’t need to play a game to criticize the circumstances around it. In fact I developed a few more frustrations during the hour I had with it.

I actually tried the game yesterday, and the experience didn’t change my mind on any of the points I recently raised in this thread. Not that it could have anyway, because like I said at the time, you don’t need to play a game to criticize the circumstances around it. In fact I developed a few more frustrations during the hour I had with it.
No, you very much need to play a game to form any sort of criticisms about it. Otherwise you’re just talking out of your ass. Glad to see you’re not doing that anymore for once.

Last edited:
Maybe you do. I’ve played enough games to detect issues even weeks before they’re released.
It would be downright stupid if I tried to criticize and talk down on something I have literally no idea about, something I never picked up once. That would just be sad. Seems like a dishonest thing to do.

Last edited:
No, you very much need to play a game to form any sort of criticisms about it. Otherwise you’re just talking out of your ass. Glad to see you’re not doing that anymore for once.
To be fair I do think it's possible to get a general feel of whether something is good or not by doing sufficient research outside of playing the game. I've yet to play NASCAR 21: Ignition but have seen more than enough to determine it's not worth it in the current state.

Last edited:
To be fair I do think it's possible to get a general feel of whether something is good or not by doing sufficient research. I've yet to play NASCAR 21: Ignition but have seen more than enough to determine it's not worth it in the current state.
It’s one thing to acknowledge that a game has issues, and steer clear of it. It’s another to try to form a criticism about it without actually having your point of reference. I haven’t encountered the vast majority of bugs posted, so if I did that myself then it would have turned out to be incorrect.

It wasn’t until this recent update that I’m truly annoyed with the game. Can’t even do much without the save hanging.

I just got this after starting the game.
FF25Z9eWUAg3xHn

I'm definitely online because the tunes and liveries are available for download, AH and Forzathon Shop both works just fine. But I'm also forced to play in Solo and can't go Live. On the bright side I now know that all the platforms can experience some issues.

I’m going to do a hard reset and try my luck again. Otherwise it’s Valhalla till this is patched. They fixed a lot of problems for everyone and introduced one for me.

On a side note, how much FP do you get for finishing a full Arcade event?

10 for finishing only the first round, 30 (if I remember correctly) for first and second, 60 for all three.
That’s a good chunk. They’re littered all over the place since the update too, so that’s good.

So with the VIP house does it double that as well? If so, that’s some easy pickings.

I really wish D and C class would cycle through online racing, feels like PG forgets those classes exist sometimes.
Because using a S1 or S2 supercar in a cross country race is more fun...Right? (My very first online race experience)
I do my best to create my own idea of fun in this game, but many times it's like chilling at a party and someone coming up and trying to force you to dance.

Last edited:
It's a shame how much responsibility for balancing is foisted upon the player, as an escape from complications of the whole PI system and breadth of vehicles.

I completed the championship you're talking about with the 911 GT1 from the FP shop and had no trouble with the wet roads or AI. This is not to brag! Because instead, I had a bitch of a time trying to outpace the AI in the other two championships. The more notable of the two was the dirt racing one. All else equal, it was virtually impossible with my B500 E30 M3 and a piece of cake with a bone stock Volvo 850R. No dirt tires needed, just different input for AI selection.

Back