Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,966 comments
The new update on PC has caused 2-3 seconds of freezes each time I would leave a house, start a race and ending a race.

It's really annoying and it never happened before this update.

Other than that, I haven't encountered much of the issues, except the one that still persists (memory leak, PC settings bugs, one or two crashes and online racers being invisible throughout the online racers)

On another note, I finally 3-starred all the danger signs, speed trap, speed zone and drift zone. ALL in the FE Trans-Am, what a fun car to farm skills with.

It's possible to like something and still have many frustrations with it.
As the thread has demonstrated for what appears to be the vast majority of players. However there also appears to be a subset of people who seem to think that anyone who says positive things about the game is a fanboy and/or corporate lickspittle even if they also say negative things about the game. For this subset, nothing less than utter condemnation will do.

In my opinion it's asinine to post things like "Microsoft don't care" when they've posted a response to the major issue with their update within a few days of its release and say they're working on a fix.

Last edited:
It would be downright stupid if I tried to criticize and talk down on something I have literally no idea about, something I never picked up once. That would just be sad. Seems like a dishonest thing to do.
Except I had a fairly good idea about FH5 before playing it.
It’s one thing to acknowledge that a game has issues, and steer clear of it. It’s another to try to form a criticism about it without actually having your point of reference. I haven’t encountered the vast majority of bugs posted, so if I did that myself then it would have turned out to be incorrect.
Point of reference is the fact it has many issues. I do not need to play it to criticize that and other things I find problematic about it. It’s not like I posted a review and said everything is bad.

Except I had a fairly good idea about FH5 before playing it.

Point of reference is the fact it has many issues. I do not need to play it to criticize that and other things I find problematic about it. It’s not like I posted a review and said everything is bad.
Whatever the case, the good news is you’re not talking out of your ass anymore since for once you actually have a point of reference. Good job 👍.

Last edited:
I'm on an original XB1 and have had zero issues so this is all amusing to me tbh.
You're wrong and you should feel bad for being wrong. This game should have been delayed for about 3 years and there's nothing to have fun with here!

Jokes aside, I haven't tried booting up the game since the patch released, has there been any acknowledgement for the save hangings yet?

Last edited:
Jokes aside, I haven't tried booting up the game since the patch released, has there been any acknowledgement for the save hangings yet?

The Tweet from the support account on the previous page covers it:

Here's another bug which persists from FH4, vinyls misaligned during gameplay which appear correctly in the paint shop and photo mode.

ruKx0B7.png

15aa3de5-6c04-461a-8f57-133b3389b797

As the thread has demonstrated for what appears to be the vast majority of players. However there also appears to be a subset of people who seem to think that anyone who says positive things about the game is a fanboy and/or corporate lickspittle even if they also say negative things about the game. For this subset, nothing less than utter condemnation will do.

In my opinion it's asinine to post things like Microsoft don't care when they've posted a response to the major issue with their update within a few days of its release and say they're working on a fix.
Agreed on all points. Developers always care, and to say otherwise demeans their profession. Videogames are so complicated now that not all issues can be spotted or actioned upon before the public finds them.

Here's another bug which persists from FH4, vinyls misaligned during gameplay which appear correctly in the paint shop and photo mode.

ruKx0B7.png

15aa3de5-6c04-461a-8f57-133b3389b797
I suspect this is because the garage (and Photo Mode) uses higher LOD models, and the alignments for the livery layers are different on lower LOD models.

Last edited:
I finally finished the Arcade Accolades. Had to take advantage of the latest patch. It was fun, but also frustrating and sometimes felt like an endless grind. The multiple disconnections made everything harder than it should.
FF71dJZXEAwyeyq
And with all that grind I ended with more than 6000 FP. Have no idea how will I spend everything since even the wheelspins can be bought only once every seasons.
FF71tIuXEAYc3Sv
Most of the times I used the Sesto FE with rally tires and suspension capable to finish any event (even drift ones) with ease. Actually I'm really happy how useful Forza Edition cars are in this game. I barely used any in FH4, but here I love and use most of them. Just like it was back in FH3.

Agreed on all points. Developers always care, and to say otherwise demeans their profession. Videogames are so complicated now that not all issues can be spotted or actioned upon before the public finds them.

And more over, considering the shifting tides of game development where studios have been killed, and devs had to be on the frontlines of managerial abuse and crunch, how can one say that devs don't care about the games that they create?

Forza Monthly reminder, this is what they will cover:

Join us for the December Edition of Forza Monthly! We’ll preview the Forza Horizon 4 Series 43 update, reveal the Series 2 Car Pass cars for Forza Horizon 5, catch up with Chris Esaki on Forza Motorsport development, hear from Forza content creator FTC Stereojax about Forzatography.

What about all the issues which have persisted in FH4 for a year (or since 2018), never fixed but copy and pasted into FH5?

These developers have shown they don't care about those issues, not even acknowledging them in many cases.

You might not be very familiar with the issues with FH4 and assume good faith on the part of the developers where it doesn't exist.

"People who don't suck up to proven incompetent developers as much as I do, are trolls."
No one even said close to as much, but Nielsen definitely falls very close to that category(intentionally or otherwise), the person he specifically noted against. Don't be so quick to play a victim.

Anything to push a narrative I suppose. It should be obvious too, considering no one approaches your posts with the same disdain that Nielsen attracts. For good reason too.

Last edited:
Forza Monthly reminder, this is what they will cover:

Join us for the December Edition of Forza Monthly! We’ll preview the Forza Horizon 4 Series 43 update, reveal the Series 2 Car Pass cars for Forza Horizon 5, catch up with Chris Esaki on Forza Motorsport development, hear from Forza content creator FTC Stereojax about Forzatography.
Yeah...cars that are already in the game legally and can even check the release schedule.
Well, this in itself is not a bad thing either, but they could have given us a fresh surprise if they had delayed adding them to the game data or streamed them earlier.

By the way, I don't think we're going to see anything about expansion 1 in this stream.
Fortune Island was released in December, so I was a bit hopeful that this one would be too, but this time it will be a little later.

You might not be very familiar with the issues with FH4 and assume good faith on the part of the developers where it doesn't exist.

Ah yes, one of the more notable painters in the Forza community, and a community relations manager at Codemasters is unaware of the issues present in both games, and should be bagging on Playground to the level that you are.

Come the **** on.

Ah yes, one of the more notable painters in the Forza community, and a community relations manager at Codemasters is unaware of the issues present in both games, and should be bagging on Playground to the level that you are.

Come the **** on.
Well if he thinks they address issues then he's wrong, FH4 has loads of big problems going back a year or even since its release. Being a painter doesn't mean he's necessarily familiar with all aspects of the game, like playing it competitively for example.

Well if he thinks they address issues then he's wrong, FH4 has loads of big problems going back a year or even since its release. Being a painter doesn't mean he's necessarily familiar with all aspects of the game, like playing it competitively for example.
Well if you think they don't address issues that also makes you wrong.

Well if you think they don't address issues that also makes you wrong.
There's plenty in FH4 they didn't address. Like the crazy long loading bug in multiplayer which was in FH4 since it came to Steam and copied into FH5. Or the broken ranked points in team adventures which THEY BROKE ON PURPOSE as a lazy way to stop people gaming the system, and never acknowledged it as a fault. You know, the one where if ANY player in the whole lobby left the adventure at any time, ALL players would receive NO POINTS. Imagine the sort of lazy, slipshod developer that would do that.

But apparently some people here get very offended personally when you criticise this developer? It's very strange. They aren't a charity providing this game for free as a big favour to people.

You know, if Dice behaved like this with Battlefield (actually wait, they do), their community would be tearing into them in a way that would make my relatively mild criticisms seem like generous praise.

Last edited:
There's plenty in FH4 they didn't address. Like the crazy long loading bug in multiplayer which was in FH4 since it came to Steam and copied into FH5. Or the broken ranked points in team adventures which THEY BROKE ON PURPOSE as a lazy way to stop people gaming the system, and never acknowledged it as a fault. You know, the one where if ANY player in the whole lobby left the adventure at any time, ALL players would receive NO POINTS. Imagine the sort of lazy, slipshod developer that would do that.

But apparently some people here get very offended personally when you criticise this developer? It's very strange. They aren't a charity providing this game for free as a big favour to people.

You know, if Dice behaved like this with Battlefield (actually wait, they do), their community would be tearing into them in a way that would make my relatively mild criticisms seem like generous praise.
Ok, and that still makes you wrong. They fix some they don't fix others. Both sides of the fence have a valid argument there. Again, stop jumping so quick to be a victim against a comment that wasn't even applied to you.

The only time that people take up arms against a complaint is when people say outright stupid things like Nielsen did. He didn't even play the game, he didn't even touch the game, and he was unwilling. If you have no point of reference then nothing you say on the matter is constructive. That's why he's approached in such a way, because he has a habit of bringing up topics he literally has zero knowledge on. That's why you have constantly posted bugs and issues, and people don't approach you in the same way. Most of the post in this thread are actually about the issues, and for the vast majority of time it goes by easy with everyone. So stop pretending.

Last edited:
Ok, and that still makes you wrong. They fix some they don't fix others. Both sides of the fence have a valid argument there. Again, stop jumping so quick to be a victim against a comment that wasn't even applied to you.

The only time that people take up arms against a complaint is when people say outright stupid things like Nielsen did. He didn't even play the game, he didn't even touch the game, and he was unwilling. If you have no point of reference then nothing you say on the matter is constructive. That's why he's approached in such a way, because he has a habit of bringing up topics he literally has zero knowledge on. That's why you have constantly posted bugs and issues, and people don't approach you in the same way. So stop pretending.
I will say that I thought that other comment about trolling was aimed at me, so if it wasn't then I apologise for my defensiveness!

(edit - I only saw the comment after he'd edited so I didn't see what the original one was. It followed mine so I put 2+2 together and looks like I made 5.)

Last edited:
I will say that I thought that other comment about trolling was aimed at me, so if it wasn't then I apologise for my defensiveness!
To me it looks like it was aimed directly to the person that was quoted, but @RazorSharkz can confirm on his own. Either way, complaining about issues is just fine, otherwise most of this thread wouldn't even be alive :lol:.

Latest Posts

Back