Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,967 comments
Developer on Forza monthly: “We understand how frustrating things are.”

I suppose they’re “attracting disdain” by recognizing this. Oh wait, they probably played the game. Silly me.

I suspect this is because the garage (and Photo Mode) uses higher LOD models, and the alignments for the livery layers are different on lower LOD models.
In addition, I would guess a lot of the livery/vinyl issues that have persisted not just across Horizon, but the Motorsport games as well is due to the engine underneath them & can't be so easily fixed.

It is super-annoying trying to paint a car only to have its OEM stripes/whatever go away, but thankfully, the community usually does a good job in fixing that. Or trying to center a vinyl & it looks like you have go -/+ 1.00 a direction to actually center it, but that's still easily doable. I want to believe these sorts of persisting bugs will be fixed through FM8 which I assume is being worked on from the ground up all-around.

Last edited:
I’m probably beating a dead horse here, but the game has become essentially unplayable for me. I’ve never played a major release with bugs like this. I’m on Series S and the infinite save loop happens within the first half hour of play every time, and continues even after a reset. Now I’m starting to get random crashes, black loading screens that never go away, and I’ve even started getting a glitch where the game loads after a long loading screen but it’s completely unresponsive to any control input. I’ve had to reset three times within 20 minutes. Glad to hear they’re working on a patch, but I can’t help but feel skeptical that whatever patch they release will just create new bugs. Probably should’ve waited on buying this one :/

I’m probably beating a dead horse here, but the game has become essentially unplayable for me. I’ve never played a major release with bugs like this. I’m on Series S and the infinite save loop happens within the first half hour of play every time, and continues even after a reset. Now I’m starting to get random crashes, black loading screens that never go away, and I’ve even started getting a glitch where the game loads after a long loading screen but it’s completely unresponsive to any control input. I’ve had to reset three times within 20 minutes. Glad to hear they’re working on a patch, but I can’t help but feel skeptical that whatever patch they release will just create new bugs. Probably should’ve waited on buying this one :/
Same here. I spend a lot of time in the tuning menus and it happens 100% of the time upon exiting them. Haven't been willing to start up the game since the patch came out and it sucks because it's the first week that I had plenty of time to get the Festival Playlist sorted. If I get another 1000 FP out of this, I'm not complaining though. I wonder if they're going to expand the time for the festival, or give a free pass or something.

Up until this patch I've been relatively bug free, but didn't have anything game breaking prior. Now, though, is a different story.

Last edited:
Up until this patch I've been relatively bug free, but didn't have anything game breaking prior. Now, though, is a different story.
Ditto. To the point where it's basically unplayable right now given how many times it either crashes or stays in a loading loop.

No. Facing the fact is a good thing, except when I do of course.
Oh god, cry more would you. Poor you having to deal with the consequences to your actions.

Ditto. To the point where it's basically unplayable right now given how many times it either crashes or stays in a loading loop.
Between the tuning screen issues, to the hanging after and before races, it prolonged everything so much that it's just not worth the time trying to work around it. I hate driving untuned cars after modifying cus they always drive like crap, so that essentially puts a halt for me.

Last edited:
Aha! I didn’t know you also preferred to drive cars in stock form… :cheers:

I thought I was about the only person that preferred to take in the cars as much as possible as they are in real life. If that means a crappy slowpoke 3-speed transmission, so be it. :D

For me I think FH5 is already the best game in the series but my honeymoon enthousiasm is already gone, for both FH2 and FH3 it lasted a lot longer. Maybe it’s a bit of series fatigue and 90% of the cars being the same same. I don’t think the bugs are the main reason even though they contribute to the lack of interest to play.
:cheers:

I get the advantage of having no fatigue from FH3 or FH4, with plenty of cars I haven't already built in any Forza game because I didn't play FM5-FM7 either. Only test runs of the handling models on retail kiosks and a friend's Xbox (excluding FM7; still haven't gotten to that one).

In addition, I would guess a lot of the livery/vinyl issues that have persisted not just across Horizon, but the Motorsport games as well is due to the engine underneath them & can't be so easily fixed.

It is super-annoying trying to paint a car only to have its OEM stripes/whatever go away, but thankfully, the community usually does a good job in fixing that. I want to believe it's a persisting bug that will be fixed through FM8 which I assume is being worked on from the ground up all-around.
Liveries are rasterized from the applied vector shapes and then mapped to a UV texture map. When reusing models and textures from previous games, they're reusing the same UV mapping. Misalignment, unexpected behaviors, areas you can't paint; that's all UV.

The OEM stripes/whatever disappearing is more of a design choice/oversight. I see no technical reason why they couldn't let you choose to keep or erase that.

Sounds like ditching consoles and going 100% PC was a good choice, problems have been minor and nothing closing the game and starting it again hasn't fixed.

The OEM stripes/whatever disappearing is more of a design choice/oversight. I see no technical reason why they couldn't let you choose to keep or erase that.
Oddly enough, the 05 Ford GT looses not only it's strips, but also the vents under the stripess that are over the engine compartment. It's just a blank, open spot and you can see the engine completely.

Last edited:
Oh god, cry more would you. Poor you having to deal with the consequences to your actions.
I was actually trying to make you deal with your own logic, but whatever. If the developers confirming the less than ideal circumstances surrounding FH5 doesn’t validate my viewpoint since the beginning, then I might as well stop here.

One can only hope.

Anyway...

Sounds like ditching consoles and going 100% PC was a good choice, problems have been minor and nothing closing the game and starting it again hasn't fixed.
This is pretty much the case on Series X for me. It'll be nice not to have to keep doing it so often but I can still play the game.

Last edited:
One can only hope.

Anyway...

This is pretty much the case on Series X for me. It'll be nice not to have to keep doing it so often but I can still play the game.
Yeah, one can dream, right?

As for as restarting, I gave up completely after trying to paint a car a custom color twice and lost it both times because of the save situations lol. Gonna log on in a bit to snap a pic of the aforementioned Ford GT, I wonder how far I'll get.

Edit:

Last edited:
Idk if anyone has posted the next series yet but here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-31_212047.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-31_212047.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 12
As for as restarting, I gave up completely after trying to paint a car a custom color twice and lost it both times because of the save situations lol. Gonna log on in a bit to snap a pic of the aforementioned Ford GT, I wonder how far I'll get.
Your video finishes after 10 seconds for me so I can't see whether it worked for you or not. I managed to download tunes and paint jobs for all three seasonal championships. Some of them hung but loaded OK after a restart. If the game doesn't let me complete next week's playlist then maybe things'll be different. I hope MS won't leave us "hanging" for that long though, to coin a phrase.

Last edited:
Your video finishes after 10 seconds for me so I can'tsee whether it worked for you or not. I managed to download tunes and paint jobs for all three seasonal championships. Some of them hung but loaded OK after a restart. If the game doesn't let me complete next week's playlist then maybe things'll be different. I hope MS won't leave us "hanging" for that long though, to coin a phrase.
I managed to get all the way through, but I never changed anything so it never initiated the save process. Nothing else hanged though so that was pleasing, so I'm going to give it a go today after work and see how it fares.

I managed to get all the way through, but I never changed anything so it never initiated the save process. Nothing else hanged though so that was pleasing, so I'm going to give it a go today after work and see how it fares.
Good luck! :)

Just played probably one of the wildest race modes I've seen.

It was on the Playa Azul circuit and it was a "Points Race."

I'll let the description speak for itself:

"Standard Forza scoring(20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) applies for every lap, with the first driver to score 100 points being the winner. A torque boost is awarded for every lap completed and a torque penalty applied for every point scored."

It was a custom setup race and I really want to know the rules applied so I can mimic it for other maps. Basically it turns into a game of how you can net 100 points faster than everyone else while also having a car that is consistently getting slower and slower and it's really, really fascinating.

Share Code is : 142 032 333
Very late to respond (long time lurker of mostly the GT Sport FIA thread, first time caller to the forum) but I made that mode and I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed it!

Sadly/somewhat understandably the game doesn't allow you to copy the rule set from events made by others, but I'm happy to post a ton (and it is a ton, there's multiple things that need a rule for all 12 positions!) that should allow you to recreate it with any circuit/class combo if people really want it.

My issue that - that pops up like clockwork - I'd that I now have to start the game twice. Each time, every time.

Start the game, see the initial video with the nice music... and back to my Series X homepage. Start again, see the initial video with the nice music... and now it actually starts and takes me to my house.
OH! And with all of the weird stuff going on, I just received the loyalty McLaren P1. Interestingly, I didn't even notice that I was missing it before, lol.

Idk if anyone has posted the next series yet but here it is
Wonder if that SVJ can be won through the wheelspin, b/c I probably will end up struggling through my own fault to get enough points lol. I've got enough cr. though, guess I could be a sucker and pay for it through the auction house.

Last edited:
Time for a break from this game...

After the recent patch the crashes and instability made the game just not playable for any decent length.

Wake me up when they've fixed it... Like truly fixed it! :lol:

Latest Posts

Back