Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,967 comments
Yeah, one can dream, right?

As for as restarting, I gave up completely after trying to paint a car a custom color twice and lost it both times because of the save situations lol. Gonna log on in a bit to snap a pic of the aforementioned Ford GT, I wonder how far I'll get.

Edit:

If you think that's bad, wait until you see the Opel Manta. It has a see through paint that shows off the inside of the car except when painted Black.

Speaking of bugs, I restarted the game after the infinite saving and up popped the achievement for owing all houses. I only have 6 of the 7 as i haven't bothered with the Rush Festival, stats show 7/7 though.

All I want for Xmas is a return of the smooth gameplay I experienced at launch. It's a bit rough trying to play with the stutter/pacing issue they added among the "fixes", which makes it feel like the physics timing is rubberbanding slightly. I went from a solid 60FPS to the game frequently reporting 55-58FPS, and I've already lowered my graphics settings hoping it will help (it didn't really).

I'm not certain I want them to touch anything and break more things, though! :P I feel bad for them for the backward slide.

@dirtydog have you done any Open racing after that post about headlights not working. Saw a video that ISAD posted about the same issue and decided to see it for myself. It took a while but finally managed to race at night and the headlights did worked. Maybe it's a PC issue? Or maybe it doesn't happen every time?

The Issue that’s bugging me most in Convoys is the fact they cut the amount of time you get to pick a car when you’re doing races.

Less than 20 seconds to pick a car is annoying enough, but combined that with the fact if the car you want hasn’t loaded it’s image in, it temporarily freezes till it does, but then it DC’s you from the race you just entered. :ouch:

That’s something I’ve been able to replicate quite consistently racing today.

In fact on FH4 it gave 40 seconds for you to pick a car, It gave time for car thumbnails to load so you know which car you picked. :rolleyes:

The question I ask is, Why shorten the start timer? :confused:

@dirtydog have you done any Open racing after that post about headlights not working. Saw a video that ISAD posted about the same issue and decided to see it for myself. It took a while but finally managed to race at night and the headlights did worked. Maybe it's a PC issue? Or maybe it doesn't happen every time?
I haven't raced in those conditions again yet. I think it is likely a PC only issue, probably related to shadows - I remember on FH4 that there was a bad bug, if you used a certain shadow setting (the lowest probably) the lights did little or nothing (you could look back at your car and they were 'on' but they didn't actually illuminate the road). Another possibility, and/or, is that the game doesn't consider the conditions in that race to be 'night' exactly. It was nearly night but not pitch dark perhaps. Anyway it was sure very hard to see where I was going.

In street races, the lights do illuminate the road but it's still poor, it isn't as effective as it is in FH4. It could well be a PC only issue. I'm using mainstream hardware which meets the requirements, ie. a GTX 1660, no problem with the drivers being outdated or running out of video RAM or anything like that.

Has the person in charge of the playlist changed since FH4? Or was there a strong request from MS to increase the number of unique multiplayer users?
The Season 2 playlist seems to have become a prize for many of the exclusive cars that were just added in the update, requiring multiplayer play.
They did that in FH4 once, but have in the past withdrawn it due to negative feedback from the community at the time.

I don't like multiplayer and am very disappointed that they have gone back on the road.

In addition to Apple Slipper's advice, if you have the Hoonicorn Mustang, max out its mastery or at least get the 8x skill chain perk unlocked and just drift around. The car is easy enough to drift in higher gears and as long as you stay away from the bigger trees or buildings, there's no fear of going off-road while drifting to build up the skill chain. It did take me a while just drifting for around continuously, but I think some here have referenced getting the higher skill chains at the runway in the rainforest, just going back and forth.

Last edited:
In addition to Apple Slipper's advice, if you have the Hoonicorn Mustang, max out its mastery or at least get the 8x skill chain perk unlocked and just drift around. The car is easy enough to drift in higher gears and as long as you stay away from the bigger trees or buildings, there's no fear of going off-road while drifting to build up the skill chain. It did take me a while just drifting for around continuously, but I think some here have referenced getting the higher skill chains at the runway in the rainforest, just going back and forth.
Or you could knock over some cacti and drift around in the Forza Edition of the Mercedes racing truck.

Is it possible to gift drop cars to specific people?

I thought about this. If you could, wouldn't it be possible to open another account to obtain things like barn finds all over again to then which you would send back to your main account?

I thought about this. If you could, wouldn't it be possible to open another account to obtain things like barn finds all over again to then which you would send back to your main account?
Thought the game doesn't actually let you get rid of barn finds to combat exploits?

My best friend has his login credentials on my XBox from when we were sharing an apartment. But he has his own place now, so he never plays on my XBox. If it were possible to gift cars to specific individuals, I could easily log in as him, play FH5, and if I get any good exclusive cars, gift them to myself. And no, I'm not doing that. It just doesn't seem right.

I have to say, I'm surprised at how much this game favors tail-wagging burnouts for scoring drift points. It's so incredibly stingy with smaller-angle drifts by comparison. 😐

I think there might have been some tweaking of the car drop locations in the Eliminator. I've been starting at the Tulum ruins in the deep southeast corner of the map for a while. There are almost always two cars there when the game starts. A low level car right on the street, and a higher level car inside the ruins. But ever since the last update, those two spots almost never spawn a car any more. I've got to rethink my start point now. Where does everyone else start?

Last edited:
The Issue that’s bugging me most in Convoys is the fact they cut the amount of time you get to pick a car when you’re doing races.

Less than 20 seconds to pick a car is annoying enough, but combined that with the fact if the car you want hasn’t loaded it’s image in, it temporarily freezes till it does, but then it DC’s you from the race you just entered. :ouch:

That’s something I’ve been able to replicate quite consistently racing today.

In fact on FH4 it gave 40 seconds for you to pick a car, It gave time for car thumbnails to load so you know which car you picked. :rolleyes:

The question I ask is, Why shorten the start timer? :confused:
It is a silly decision. If you are in a convoy with a friend and you want to race, why would they think that you rather your friend disconnects if he can't find his car so you have to quit and set it up all over again, instead of just wait a few more seconds?

As the host of the convoy, you should be able to set what the timer is in the convoy options screen or something. Maybe a "normal" option, a "short" option, and the ability to just turn it off.

Several of the modes in this game would be better with just a plain lobby system to start them.

Last edited:
I think there might have been some tweaking of the car drop locations in the Eliminator. I've been starting at the Tulum ruins in the deep southeast corner of the map for a while. There are almost always two cars there when the game starts. A low level car right on the street, and a higher level car inside the ruins. But ever since the last update, those two spots almost never spawn a car any more. I've got to rethink my start point now. Where does everyone else start?
From the December patch notes:Eliminator - Randomised position of Eliminator car drops
I had a favorite spawn point just East of Tulum with two car drops one next to each other and they are gone. But I also saw cars spawn in the same exact location after the next circle. My guess is those locations still work after the first shrink.
Anyway I'm now starting just outside Guanajuato. You have a nice view to spot car drops and there are always plenty of players to challenge.

I think they said they randomised the drops in the update to give new players like me a chance.

How to win the Eliminator: Step one
FF_JxUPWUAIQLaw

Was just about to come here and say they seemed to fix the infinite save, after no issues for 30min and 3 cars bought, 2 cars painted and 2 upgraded.

And then it hits me hahaha!

Last edited:
Hmph and now it won't load past the intro screen...

Edit: loaded in. Went for a gifted car. Game froze black screen after saying thank you.

PG let me know when you've fixed your ****. I'm out.

Last edited:
Back