Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
I finally won my 1st Eliminator. It took me a lot of tries. Maybe over 50. I was screwing around trying to get 5 car drops. I got stuck with the Porsche Macan offroad when I got challenged by a class 9 RJ Anderson. I never gave up and he must have flipped or hit something, right as he was msging me, ha ha ha. I won his car, and manged to survive until the showdown. I hit a bump early on and barrel rolled, but recovered and somehow managed to beat everyone to the finish. I am pretty decent at Eliminator and have manged very many top 10's, but I just couldn't get to the finish 1st. I think you have to kind of guess where to lead off to.

I really like the ramps and jumps in the Stadium, but I'm not quite sure I'm supposed to be able to get here... 🤔
2e018a03-5a43-40f5-8e5a-5dc73145594a.jpg

Man, I'm going to come back to FH5 real soon. GT7 is really starting to become real boring for me. Its outdated car list is also taking a toll on me. Now I regret getting the 25th edition, but that's to be expected. It's GT after all... Don't even get me started on its atrocious economy that supports MTs.

Anyway, with that off my chest, I'll be hopping back on here to complete some Forzathon challenges (I've already completed the events). I love this PR Stunt Carnival! :D

PG/T10 covering their bases - Nothing we didn't already know . I'm looking at you, Jensen Interceptor that's been teasing us in Forza Horizon's car files for 6 years now.
I think it's a mild shot at the site that reported a bunch of @TheAdmiester's posts of things in files here (which he's pretty consistently stated are not directly indicative of things definitely coming) as "THESE CARS ARE COMING TO FH5!", which naturally generated expectation and subsequently disappointment... and then a massive angry social media pile-on for not adding them.

I've seen racing game YouTubers apparently complaining that the FH5 Car Pass features "mostly cars that are recycled from previous games" (which obviously isn't true). From what I've noticed, the Porsche 911 (997.2) Sport Classic is the only car so far in the Car Pass that has appeared in previous Forza games.

I'm enjoying the Car Pass so far, especially with the MG XPower SV-R and the Mazda 323 Familia GTR.

Last edited:
I think it's a mild shot at the site that reported a bunch of @TheAdmiester's posts of things in files here (which he's pretty consistently stated are not directly indicative of things definitely coming) as "THESE CARS ARE COMING TO FH5!", which naturally generated expectation and subsequently disappointment... and then a massive angry social media pile-on for not adding them.
It's mainly just people who have no idea how game dev works. As you mentioned I do try to explain that, although these files are completely, objectively showing the truth, that alone doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The references being in the files is only 100% indicative of one thing: that these cars were worked on at some point. From there, there are a bunch of different possibilities:

1) Someone was just messing around with files for one as a test, and they were accidentally included
2) The car was worked on, but due to licencing, priorities, etc. never came to fruition
3) The car is being worked on for a future title (see the Nissan Dakar in FM7 years ago)
4) The car is confirmed, and coming in the next couple of updates

4 is the least likely but because it's the most hopeful, people are all to eager to jump straight to that despite my disclaimers.

Don't forget the clickbaiters of the Youtube side of Forza (I'm looking at you, MitchCactus), who simply claim that "haha car in files. car in game" and make the community misbelieve in the fact and right into their record-player mouths.

Leaks are supposed to be taken like a grain of salt, as we do not know what will come or what was left behind during development.

Last edited:
I've seen racing game YouTubers apparently complaining that the FH5 Car Pass features "mostly cars that are recycled from previous games" (which obviously isn't true). From what I've noticed, the Porsche 911 (997.2) Sport Classic is the only car so far in the Car Pass that has appeared in previous Forza games.

I'm enjoying the Car Pass so far, especially with the MG XPower SV-R and the Mazda 323 Familia GTR.
Same thing i have said about Metacritic.
Who cares about Influencers? Enjoy your game ^^
The only car i don't care about from the Car Pass it's the Golf MK7.5, not a great add indeed; the others man... some wishilist cars checked finally! the SP2 Monza, the TT RS, the XJ13 and of course less mainstream cars like the two you mentioned.
Repeat, the only great miss in this game are four great Italian Brands... (and other FH3/FM7/FH4 cars i loved much.. where is my 166 MM Ferrari and the 550 Spyder Porsche? they are perfect for Mexico 'cause... Carrera Panamericana anyone?)

Last edited:
Did anyone complete this week's Weekly Forzathon Chapter 2 challenge?

The challenge requires reaching a total of 55 mph in the speed trap using Isetta.
And any numbers below 55mph will be counted correctly.
But if the total exceeds 55mph, the count will reset to zero. Of course, if reaches 55mph or more at one time, the count will remain at 0.

I have restarted the game. The same bug continues to occur. I cannot achieve chapter 2 forever.
Hey PG, why does this happen?

The challenge requires reaching a total of 55 mph in the speed trap using Isetta.
But if the total exceeds 55mph, the count will reset to zero. Of course, if reaches 55mph or more at one time, the count will remain at 0.

I have restarted the game. The same bug continues to occur. I cannot achieve chapter 2 forever.
No idea, but I did mine in a fully stock Isetta and got the chapter completed when I hit a speed trap doing something like 55.25 MPH. Maybe it doesn't count if you've upgraded the car, since Chapter 3 implies that then is when you take out the upgraded version?

Like others have said bud keep the car stock or you won't meet the objective of the challenge. Use the speed trap on the east of Guata-town-thingy (north of the football stadium). The down hill slope will keep you at 55mph perfectly

Buy a second Isetta. Worked for me.

No idea, but I did mine in a fully stock Isetta and got the chapter completed when I hit a speed trap doing something like 55.25 MPH. Maybe it doesn't count if you've upgraded the car, since Chapter 3 implies that then is when you take out the upgraded version?
I used a stock Isetta (and it was a new one I bought) and the count was correct as long as it was under 55 miles.
Strangely enough, if the speed trap record total exceeded 55 miles, the count would reset.

I did it in an Isetta with just the first stage cam upgrade so that it'd do 56mph down the main festival runway, and that counted no problem. I then used the nearby minimum 40mph speed zone to get some stars, then the southern airport runway jump for two more, because its one star requirement is very low.

I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of parts available for the Tundra and 4Runner. I mean they clearly have some sort of license agreement with ARB since the snorkels are available, so why not add the bumpers too? They'd be better than the travesty that is the Forza generic off-road bumper.

Is it I, or both the danger sign and speed trap from the autumn season are borked? (And the map!)

Edit: After rebooting the game, both the danger sign and speed trap correctly appeared on the season's list.

Last edited:
I like how the devs kept the number of rounds for this Seasonal PG to just three instead of five, just like in Series 4's Seasonal PGs (Horizon World Cup). Hope they keep this change, 'cause i like it.

Win two rounds in a row? Boom! Here's your reward!

Here are the Tundra TRD Pro's available factory paint colors:
  • Super White
  • Midnight Black Metallic
  • Midnight Grey Metallic
  • Army Green (2020 Exclusive Color)

I did the Isetta challenge to grab the 4Runner for the image for the Season Change article...

From memory, I did the first stage stock because I wanted to see how possible it was (it was possible). It was tuned at every other stage.

In the trash, where it belongs. Voodoo Blue is a superior color anyway. :P

No but seriously, the 4Runner is listed as a 2019 in-game, I believe Lime Rush is a 2022 only color.
Yes, Lime Rush is a 2022 exclusive color. You have good tastes in colors I painted mine Voodoo Blue also and I went with Army Green for the Tundra. With those two cars added to the game Horizon 5 now has a better Toyota lineup then Horizon 4 has. Still could use a couple more. It would be nice if they would bring back the 2012 FJ Cruiser from the first game.

I'd love to see Weissman cars in FH, especially the MF5. In my eyes one of the most beautiful cars ever designed
I'm pretty sure they will bring back some more cars from FM4 the Wiesmann MF5 could be one of them.

Yes, Lime Rush is a 2022 exclusive color. You have good tastes in colors I painted mine Voodoo Blue also and I went with Army Green for the Tundra. With those two cars added to the game Horizon 5 now has a better Toyota lineup then Horizon 4 has. Still could use a couple more. It would be nice if they would bring back the 2012 FJ Cruiser from the first game.
Totally with you on the FJ Cruiser. Never had the chance to try it in FH1...

All done with the weekly Festival Playlist. I look forward to the weekly reset but finish and binge everything within 2 hours and leave myself nothing for the rest of the week 😀 (other than the daily challenges which I leave build up then I complete them on wednesday before the reset)

I rarely partake in the open drifting so enjoyed playing that for a bit. Even made my first use out of snow tyres with an insane AWD drift tune I found online for the 599 Fiorano FD car 😊

Treasure Hunt worked fine again for me this week thankfully.

Felt slightly cheesy using a 550bhp Audi R8 in the A class Trail but somehow it was still in A class 😏

Haven't tried the New Mini or new Toyota's yet but will try them out today.

The Toyota Tundra won’t unlock for me in the car pass. That’s annoying. Not sure what I can do to convince the game that March 10 has been and gone.

Edit: Disregard. I went to the auto show and it was available.

Last edited:
Yeah, FJ Cruiser returning from FH1 would be nice 🙃
For Toyota i bet that the GR Yaris and the GR 86 in future will be added.

Back