Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,906 comments
Sometimes I read post about how the game is boring and nobody is playing it anymore. How the Playlists doesn't help because the game is already dead. Then I see post like this and I wonder who is right. Anyway less thinking and more playing.
FN1hnZ2XoAEGW78

Sometimes I read post about how the game is boring and nobody is playing it anymore. How the Playlists doesn't help because the game is already dead. Then I see post like this and I wonder who is right. Anyway less thinking and more playing.
FN1hnZ2XoAEGW78
Ahhh, that's just the talk of someone who is either sour, or butthurt because "the game doesn't give me what I WANT". Always the same crap. FH5 is FAR from dead based on those results. I can understand it getting boring for some people, because hello, any open world racing game will get boring. Hell, I bet even the new NFS and TDU will get boring. For me however, FH5 is the BEST open world racer to date regardless of what one says. And no, that is not fanboy talk if one was worth to quote me on that fact.

Edit: I was surprised we'd won three cars in the end. I'm happy because I didn't get the Divo yet, so my respect goes to PG for that. :)

Last edited:
Lots of the complainers around here were basically using this game as a stopgap until GT7 came out... And now they're complaining in the GT7 subforum too
Oh well. That was my plan too (not the complaining bit!), but I'm still enjoying Horizon doing the Playlist and grabbing the final few/new cars. GT7 can wait, and will get better and cheaper the longer I do.

Ugh. I just lost out on Skill Score of close to 4 million! I was using the #357 Drift Corvette and had the Multiplayer up to x7 with a banked score of over 389,000. I don't play with the radio on but if you play for hours and then turn the radio on, the next song is a Skill Song (the 1st one is Horizon Pulse, right? With Amy Simpson?) anyway she comes on and is in her little intro to playing a skill song. (something about "somethings never change, here's a Skill song), and before it plays I clipped a car and lost the whole thing. I said before, I must have ten's of millions in lost skill scores. This one hurts though because it was an easy 4 million.

Last edited:
I just noticed I have the OPI edition Ford GT, the orange and pink one that was only available with a redeemable code if you bought OPI nailpolish a few months back. I never bought said nailpolish... did they add it for everyone via an update or am I missing something here?

Last edited:
I just noticed I have the OPI edition Ford GT, the orange and pink one that was only available with a redeemable code if you bought OPI nailpolish a few months back. I never bought said nailpolish... did they add it for everyone via an update or am I missing something here?
I guess you got it from helping others. Maybe you still sharing? They definitely didn't gift it to everyone.

Ugh. I just lost out on Skill Score of close to 4 million! I was using the #357 Drift Corvette and had the Multiplayer up to x7 with a banked score of over 389,000. I don't play with the radio on but if you play for hours and then turn the radio on, the next song is a Skill Song (the 1st one is Horizon Pulse, right? With Amy Simpson?) anyway she comes on and is in her little intro to playing a skill song. (something about "somethings never change, here's a Skill song), and before it plays I clipped a car and lost the whole thing. I said before, I must have ten's of millions in lost skill scores. This one hurts though because it was an easy 4 million.

You can get skill songs with the radio on in FH5 but with the music volume turned to 0 in settings (I.e. silent). Useful if you want the 10x bonus without having to listen to music.

Just squeezing in my weekly playlist stuff for the Toyota as the week has gone by fast... Yet another garbage-tier EventLab selection. The only possible excuse for how consistently terrible these has been is if they are specifically picking things made by children.

The only EventLab thing that I can remember being any good was the first or second one they did, the one where you got points per lap, but the more points you had slowed you down more... or something, it was a long time ago. That one with the Focus RS where you had to upgrade it was a cute idea I guess, but it was poorly made and could glitch where you had to restart it.

Other than those, it seems like they have all been "drive through a bunch of random crap and take some jumps!"

It's mainly just people who have no idea how game dev works. As you mentioned I do try to explain that, although these files are completely, objectively showing the truth, that alone doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The references being in the files is only 100% indicative of one thing: that these cars were worked on at some point. From there, there are a bunch of different possibilities:

1) Someone was just messing around with files for one as a test, and they were accidentally included
2) The car was worked on, but due to licencing, priorities, etc. never came to fruition
3) The car is being worked on for a future title (see the Nissan Dakar in FM7 years ago)
4) The car is confirmed, and coming in the next couple of updates

4 is the least likely but because it's the most hopeful, people are all to eager to jump straight to that despite my disclaimers.
With regards to 4, here's what I can assume may go behind the scenes:
4a) Someone would ask the official manufacturer of a car if their cars will come to the game on social media, and said manufacturer would reply with "soon" or "stay tuned", while not revealing the specific car being asked for and a new car coming in the future. Here are two examples: Apollo confirms their future involvement in FH4, Guntherwerks confirms the 400R to come soon in FH4

4b) Car collectors/magazines/owners can post the car being scanned or confirmed to be scanned (e.g. Venturi Atlantique)

4c) Car manufacturer teases a car's arrival (Ford Ranger Raptor)

But it's a boring, dead game that throws cars at you every 30 seconds... /s
I mean, I have misgivings with FH5 - and the reason why I stopped posting and indeed, playing was the one step forward, two step back nature of the bugs in the game - and there are indeed misgivings with the economy and how it rewards you.

But compared to GT7? And compared to what Polyphony intends on doing? I'll gladly take Playground's way of doing things, and Horizon's outlook on rewarding players, over that.

Last edited:
The Collectibles Weekly challenge for the Pinata Suit is broken. It says smash 15 "Dinosaur" pinatas, (it's a colorful pinata, but it took me a while to figure out it was a dinosaur). Uh, I can't "Smash" them. I can drive through them. There is no 'sound' or 'breaking apart' to let you know you got one. And again there is no tally recorded to let you know you made any progress.

EDIT: Okay, it's working now. But if anyone has problems similar to mine, I did the Eliminator Challenge and then pinata's got smashed.

Last edited:
I mean, I have misgivings with FH5 - and the reason why I stopped posting and indeed, playing was the one step forward, two step back nature of the bugs in the game - and there are indeed misgivings with the economy and how it rewards you.

But compared to GT7? And compared to what Polyphony intends on doing? I'll gladly take Playground's way of doing things, and Horizon's outlook on rewarding players, over that.
I like how Playground games listens to the community and makes changes that the fans ask to make the game more enjoyable. While PD is doing literally the opposite now and doing everything to piss off the fans.

I’ve been enjoying GT7, it’s my first proper GT game and while it’s definitely far from perfect, I like it.

But just like when any other new game comes out, I still always end up coming back to Horizon.

I don’t know if it makes sense, but playing Horizon just feels like home, like it’s where I belong.

Of course the Horizon series has its own issues, it’s not perfect too, but it’s still my most favourite games :)

The Collectibles Weekly challenge for the Pinata Suit is broken. It says smash 15 "Dinosaur" pinatas, (it's a colorful pinata, but it took me a while to figure out it was a dinosaur). Uh, I can't "Smash" them. I can drive through them. There is no 'sound' or 'breaking apart' to let you know you got one. And again there is no tally recorded to let you know you made any progress.
Use my challenge card bud.

Dinosaur Pinata Smashing - 734 086 998

It works bud. Dead easy run, take you 2 minutes to complete.

I can't remember what game I drove the M400, but it looks so familiar. Not because of Rossion Q1... I think. Anyway I really like it. It's really good even stock.
FOE6yyyWQAUpCSA
Stupid game wont let me buy it for some reason. When I press to change my credit card it just gives me a loading screen then goes back to payment option screen 🤬🤦🏾‍♂️

btw the M400 was on PGR3

Last edited:
I can't remember what game I drove the M400, but it looks so familiar. Not because of Rossion Q1... I think. Anyway I really like it. It's really good even stock.
FOE6yyyWQAUpCSA
Interesting fact that the Noble M400 in Forza Horizon 5 is actually US-spec. LHD with MPH on it.

And speaking of the M400, can its American cousin, the Rossion Q1, make its return?

Forza Horizon 4 (34).png

Back