Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Astra is also an Opel/Vauxhall. Maybe was are getting an Astra?
Yeah, but that doesn't tie in with "Lupus". There's a Volkswagen Lupo, but no dice.
They've used Roman numerals before. DV would be 505 - which is either a Peugeot or the company that owns Kunos :lol: Maybe the 4 represents 4WD, for the Dangel Peugeot 505 Break 4x4 (or a 4WD 505 rally car, technically homologated to Group B).

Above 4DV is a fan or wheel of some sort.

Yeah, but that doesn't tie in with "Lupus". There's a Volkswagen Lupo, but no dice.
The Volkswagen Fox was sold as the "Lupo" in Mexico too.

I'm also noting an "X5DJ"/"XSDJ", "245 34/54", and 70 + 4.

Something starting with "Wa" is obscured by a developer.

13, 14, 15, Si!, 16 may either be a hint for a Honda Civic Si (either the EM1, 2013 Civic Si; Honda GamePass Cup exists) or a distraction through YES! in Spanish.

FeOy6vvXkAQqBVR.jpg

Last edited:
I can't make any sense of the stuff on the boards either, but it's the screens that pique my interest. The monitor showing Fuel is looking at an asset that I don't think exists anywhere in FH5, which would suggest an "evolving world" map change or a new area entirely. The title screen looks like it's a FH5 take on the previous games' title screens, which reading between the lines I feel could be a nod towards more substantial content related to them than just a couple of cars.

I've been disappointed before so I won't hold my breath, but it's interesting for sure.

We already have a Viper FE and Agera confirmed according to the Monthly & Lets Go streams' thumbnails. IDK if there would be a Huracan FE, Centenario FE, Senna FE, and AMG One FE.

We already have a Viper FE and Agera confirmed according to the Monthly & Lets Go streams' thumbnails. IDK if there would be a Huracan FE, Centenario FE, Senna FE, and AMG One FE.
Maybe each one is a seasonal reward with the AMG One being the Series reward.

There's a good possibility that the map related stuff is actually just EventLab props inspired by the previous games. We know that new props are coming because of dialogue like this:
View attachment 1197771

So who knows.
"Storm season is rolling into Mexico, so why not escape to the south of France and Italy with the Horizon Anniversary Series? Oh, and check out EventLab if you haven't yet. Prop Shipments have landed."

They do mention the EventLab props separately and say that we can escape into the FH2 location (are they talking about the map? or just the theme?) in Storm Season.

"Storm season is rolling into Mexico, so why not escape to the south of France and Italy with the Horizon Anniversary Series? Oh, and check out EventLab if you haven't yet. Prop Shipments have landed."

They do mention the EventLab props separately and say that we can escape into the FH2 location (are they talking about the map? or just the theme?) in Storm Season.
The series is basically reliving events from the previous games, presumably within FH5's map. I don't see anything that points towards actually going there.

I was hoping and speculating that the FH1 map would be the second expansion but I think it would cause backlash so I didn't think much of it. I would enjoy it, a return to Colorado would be so cool with updated graphics.

I did have a thought occur earlier that maybe we could get FE versions of previous cover cars and then get the AMG One FE that was at E3 last year.

Seems I was right about one of them.

Last edited:
Imagine having the flying Delorean from BTTF 2 and being able to travel seemlessly between Mexico and the Hot Wheels Park. Ahhhh good times.......

The 4DV thing being some new ADV wheels (with the tire photo above it) would be cool, won't say no to new rims.

I wouldn't be shocked though if PG were like "it's actually short for 4 Different Versions - referring to the 4 Forza Editions we'll be adding" "the wheel drawing was meant to signify the forza edition tire lettering" :ouch:

There's a good possibility that the map related stuff is actually just EventLab props inspired by the previous games. We know that new props are coming because of dialogue like this:
View attachment 1197771

So who knows.
So oddly the [BOLD:text] actually answers a question I've had for a year related to EventLab. Within Rules of Play I've always wondered if it were possible to put the player name into the UI, and the only clue I found was that anything within square brackets would disappear, so that was probably how they were managing their formatting. That little bit of text both confirms that and tells me how to probably put in bold text, which is a bonus!

If you've got access to other bits of text displayed in the game that uses different keywords, a list could open whole new possibilities for what people could do in EventLab...

Edit: Or maybe not, within EventLab the "BOLD" keyword doesn't seem to visually change anything. The text also within the square brackets does still display however, so it may just be that the UI you can set text for also doesn't accept visual changes.

Last edited:
So oddly the [BOLD:text] actually answers a question I've had for a year related to EventLab. Within Rules of Play I've always wondered if it were possible to put the player name into the UI, and the only clue I found was that anything within square brackets would disappear, so that was probably how they were managing their formatting. That little bit of text both confirms that and tells me how to probably put in bold text, which is a bonus!

If you've got access to other bits of text displayed in the game that uses different keywords, a list could open whole new possibilities for what people could do in EventLab...

Edit: Or maybe not, within EventLab the "BOLD" keyword doesn't seem to visually change anything. The text also within the square brackets does still display however, so it may just be that the UI you can set text for also doesn't accept visual changes.
I'd assume the game makes a distinction between stored strings and user input text. For the latter it's likely doing some simple sanitisation, removing the [] but not allowing them to be used for actual formatting, to prevent conflicts or exploits.

I'd assume the game makes a distinction between stored strings and user input text. For the latter it's likely doing some simple sanitisation, removing the [] but not allowing them to be used for actual formatting, to prevent conflicts or exploits.
Yeah, that'd make a lot of sense. Nice to finally have an answer to something I've wondered for a year, though it's a shame that the end result also leads to a dead end.

14 could be an expansion, the monitor with the transformer and the building are not on the map afaik. The drawing next to 14 looks like buildings and water tanks

They also wrote ooolaaa twice on either side

Ooolaaa is the sound made by the Martians in War of the Worlds.
It's also a bit of French ooh la la 🤔
Someone mentioned Si is Spanish. It's also Italian.
French + Italian = FH2.
So, we're obviously getting the FH2 map remastered as DLC....
Or maybe not ;)

From the comment section of JakeXVX's latest video:

Astra Lapus/Astra Lepus/Astra Lopus (Credit to rFoxx)
  • Astra Lepus (most possible) is "Star Bunny/Star Rabbit" in Latin. Stars are located in space, while space can be accessed by rockets. A Rocket Bunny comeback may be possible if Astra Lepus is what's written on the whiteboard.
  • Astra Lapus may be an intentional misspelling of "Astra Lapis", "Lapis" as in a Lapis Lazuli rock. "Star Rock" may relate to several cars, including the Mercury Comet, Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear/Star Wagon or Space Wagon, or a Saturn of some sort (either the ION Redline or SKY Redline), or a Lotus Europa (Europa is a moon of Jupiter)

XSDJ
  • The Horizon XS DJ may get new voicelines
WHAT??? (Credit to rFoxx)
  • The numbers near "What" appear to be some sort of equation. Here's the equation: 248 + 54 = 302; 70 + 4 = 74; 302 - 74 = 228; the top speed of the Mercedes-AMG One. rFoxx believes that this may hint towards the AMG One Forza Edition that was unreleased.

Alright, I manage to find something again this time it came from text strings/subtitles for upcoming Horizon 10 Years Anniversary. Consider this a spoiler or if you’re impatient to wait for the reveal.

Here’s what I can collect from the subtitles

A. Horizon Anniversary Story with Scott Tyler from Bass Arena as narrator/voice over

B. New radio station (Horizon Mixtape)

- Featuring songs from likes of Odezsa, Porter Robinson, Modestep (Mentioned on dialogues)

- Everyday by Rusko, Modestep Show Me a Sign, Fred V and Grafix Constellation are mentioned on the dialogues

- The songs will be unlocked via accolades, (I’m assuming you finish a story chapter, get the accolade then unlock the songs)

C. Midnight Battles

There are 4 known races by the dialogues. The rewards are Mustang, CRX, Celica and Lamborghini (no specific cars are mentioned)

I’ll attach the dialogue string, it’s quite long and a bit messy though

Attachments

• anniv.pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 14
  • mid_battle.pdf
    65.5 KB · Views: 15
Alright, I manage to find something again this time it came from text strings/subtitles for upcoming Horizon 10 Years Anniversary. Consider this a spoiler or if you’re impatient to wait for the reveal.

Here’s what I can collect from the subtitles

A. Horizon Anniversary Story with Scott Tyler from Bass Arena as narrator/voice over

B. New radio station (Horizon Mixtape)

- Featuring songs from likes of Odezsa, Porter Robinson, Modestep (Mentioned on dialogues)

- Everyday by Rusko, Modestep Show Me a Sign, Fred V and Grafix Constellation are mentioned on the dialogues

- The songs will be unlocked via accolades, (I’m assuming you finish a story chapter, get the accolade then unlock the songs)

C. Midnight Battles

There are 4 known races by the dialogues. The rewards are Mustang, CRX, Celica and Lamborghini (no specific cars are mentioned)

I’ll attach the dialogue string, it’s quite long and a bit messy though

Let me guess, all the Midnight Battle reward cars are recycled content? Only thing interesting is the
Celica potentially being the SS-II or the Lamborghini mentioned being the Gallardo Spyder, and the CR-X may be the CR-X Mugen rather than the Del Sol.

Last edited:
Astra Lapus/Astra Lepus/Astra Lopus (Credit to rFoxx)
  • Astra Lepus (most possible) is "Star Bunny/Star Rabbit" in Latin. Stars are located in space, while space can be accessed by rockets. A Rocket Bunny comeback may be possible if Astra Lepus is what's written on the whiteboard.
  • Astra Lapus may be an intentional misspelling of "Astra Lapis", "Lapis" as in a Lapis Lazuli rock. "Star Rock" may relate to several cars, including the Mercury Comet, Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear/Star Wagon or Space Wagon, or a Saturn of some sort (either the ION Redline or SKY Redline), or a Lotus Europa (Europa is a moon of Jupiter)
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Astra Lupus - "wolf star" - could refer to Sirius, commonly called the Dog Star in English but the Wolf Star in Chinese, Japanese, and some Native American cultures.

That could be a reference to the Mitsubishi Sirius engine, best known in 4G6 form powering various Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution road and rally cars. Or, through the association with the bow/arrow (as seen in Chinese and Egyptian myth, with Sirius the target of the arrow), the Pierce-Arrow car company - maybe the V12 Silver Arrow. Or Sirius Black from that awful series of twee, derivative books about an orphan public schoolboy, and therefore a flying Ford Anglia or a triple-decker bus.

I've got more mythological nonsense, but I think that'll do for now :lol:

Edit: Just in case I'm right about any of that, I wasn't; I made it all up (not the mythy bits) and none of that is a prediction. If it comes to pass, it's a fluke.

Edit edit: Can't believe I missed that, but "lepus" isn't "rabbit". It's "hare". The family containing rabbits is called "leporidae", meaning "harelike", with "lepus" being the genus therein for hares. Rabbit is "cuniculus" - from which we get the word "coney" (via French).

Last edited:
Let me guess, all the Midnight Battle reward cars are recycled content? Only thing interesting is the
Celica potentially being the SS-II or the Lamborghini mentioned being the Gallardo Spyder, and the CR-X may be the CR-X Mugen rather than the Del Sol.
That wouldn't shock me if all the Midnight Battle reward cars were all already in the game

Unless they have new customization on them (or are Forza Editions), I'd be quite disappointed tbh

These make sense;

1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen
2003 Toyota Celica SS-II
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

These cars have all previously been exclusive seasonal content and giving people another "permanent" chance to get them would be worthy enough rewards in Playgrounds eyes probably.

However I'd much prefer the Midnight Battle Rewards to be this lot;

1995 Honda Civic CR-X Del Sol
1984 Toyota Celica Supra
1995 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R or 2018 Deberti Designs Mustang
2009 Lamborghini Reventon Roadster or 2006 Lamborghini Muira Concept or 1972 Lamborghini Jarama S

I think we know what is more likely to happen though. Oh well, I just they have some sort of unique customization added to them!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back