Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Real tacos (not the Taco Bell crap) don’t make you fat, it’s all the Mexican Coke (made with real sugar) that you drink to wash down said tacos what makes you fat!
Scott seemed like a double helping of cheese and meat with extra sour cream kind of guy to me. He sounds like he may have been hitting the cerveza too.
Also high on the nightmare level is this week's Trial. High horsepower/low grip cars are not my forte, the GT500 is a pig to drive.
Especially in the rain. In addition the bug which disabled all our liveries so we all looked the same as the Drivatar team was another excellent 🤬ing idea which turned out just as splendidly. :(

Perhaps it didn't help that the only paint job that I liked turned out to have been heavily sponsored by the fictitious Pißwasser Ü-Rhine lager so it may have been deemed a little too offensive for online play. :embarrassed:

b2862e4f-0daf-412f-8f18-2be954ab55a9.png

Last edited:
I think too much eating in general is bad either way, even Tacos. I've learned that the hard way.

Unfortunately this is another series with Stock Trials, just like with Rami's Racing History from before.

I quite like the stock Trials. It's a nice level playing field (well in theory). I will admit I lucked in this week and had some top notch team mates. The racing was hard but very fair and we worked well together keeping the drivatars behind us. We completed it in just 2 races.

Having said that the choice of car this week for wet conditions was a complete and utter pig.😂😂

I quite like the stock Trials. It's a nice level playing field (well in theory). I will admit I lucked in this week and had some top notch team mates. The racing was hard but very fair and we worked well together keeping the drivatars behind us. We completed it in just 2 races.

Having said that the choice of car this week for wet conditions was a complete and utter pig.😂😂
I prefer the trial with tunes. Like the people that are awful at trial are going to suck regardless. I’d rather just blow past them with a tune than dodge their crashes in turn one.

I only like the stock Trials :lol:. Enjoyed this one especially, a little more challenging car to drive this time.

it was hilarious watching people 100% the throttle on the start line.
I prefer the trial with tunes. Like the people that are awful at trial are going to suck regardless. I’d rather just blow past them with a tune than dodge their crashes in turn one.
I managed to blow past them without a tune thanks to their stamping on the gas as soon as the race started. Unfortunately the second race put all the good drivers at the back and the clowns at the front so we didn't win. Luckily, there was a third race.

Last edited:
I just finished the Trial. We won it in two races thankfully. I had a laugh when the second race came up and it was on the Chihuahua Circuit. A bunch of over-engined muscle cars on a tight technical circuit? It was like trying to race a thoroughbred horse on a dog track. Then I had a bigger laugh when I realized that’s exactly what it was: horses racing on a dog track.

I had already earned 3 stars through the regular route, but tried @inCloud's idea because it sounded interesting. Right after the start, turn left and continue straight across the off-road.
Result was 1:59 on the 1st try. this route would be a great assist for players struggling with this challenge.

Finally got the Viper!
Forza-Horizon-5-15-10-2022-22-49-21.jpg

That was a sentimental ending to the story with Scott getting all serious for a few seconds.

Not going to try and compete with @turk1993's photography skills but the car ended up in an interesting place so I wanted to take a snapshot.

16658863451647054085721959304127.jpg

Meanwhile, this isn't the best speed zone performance ever but I was so chuffed to finally nail Camino Del Cielo. That Hoonigan RS200 made me feel like a cunning stuntmaster.

Last edited:
I liked especially the second track in wet conditions. It's just fun to drive on the limit with that car and to win because driving clean and not driving in every wall to brake for corners lol 😅

I liked especially the second track in wet conditions. It's just fun to drive on the limit with that car and to win because driving clean and not driving in every wall to brake for corners lol 😅
Not so fun if you have to do it all over again because the other players stuff it up and this is a co-op challenge. Save it for the solo races please.

Last edited:
I dont understand what you mean lol 🤔 😅 Its the other players that ruin it often with driving very badly and crashing in team members. So i always drive as clean as possible because thats what makes the fun for me.

I dont understand what you mean lol 🤔 😅 Its the other players that ruin it often with driving very badly and crashing in team members. So i always drive as clean as possible because thats what makes the fun for me.
Let me try and explain it more clearly. The Trial is a co-op championship. You can win races easily and still not get the prize making the whole thing pointless. The players have to win as a team. Having to repeat the event may be fun for you but it strikes me as pointless and a waste of time if they make it artificially rock hard in difficulty due to car choices and difficult weather conditions or unsuitable tracks. It should be a challenge but the devs need to gauge carefully the type of events they select for co-op championships.

Winning the prize makes the fun for me. If I want to win for myself then there's always Horizon Open which is purely competitive.

Last edited:
Of course its Co-op and i when everyone else of the team is busy crashing into walls and fighting themselfs because the word team means nothing to them and so often missing checkpoints i go for P1 in the meanwhile and so for the points for the team. Would be a waste if a AI would win. And i will never drive like a maniac just to ram some AI out of the way for the points. You can win easy while driving clean.

Last edited:
Something interesting I haven't seen anyone else mention. The Resolution Scaling option on PC was replaced with Fidelity FX CAS Resolution Scaling.

Not quite on par with FSR2.0 or DLSS, but this is an improvement.

Last edited:
So initially I was disappointed with the update, mainly the lack of new cars and just a few returning cars that should’ve been in FH5 from launch and had absolutely no reason to be excluded.

But I was excited to see the tribute to all previous games, cause apart from no cars, this update looked amazing, but I wasn’t expecting anything groundbreaking.

So you can imagine my surprise when I started the Horizon Origins story without thinking much, and then I was bawling my eyes out at the end of it.

I already started getting emotional during the first few chapters, but when the FH2 initial drive started, tears started rolling, and when the FH4 one started I completely lost it.

FH2 was not just my first FH game, but also my first ever game for my first ever console, so it always has and always will hold a special place in my heart.

FH4 was such a big part of my life for 3 really monumental years in my life, during last years of uni, during my first relationship and of course during the pandemic, and I will always cherish it and everything to do with it.

This sounds so stupid, but FH is such a big part of my life, and I didn’t realise it until I played the Horizon Origins story, heard the iconic songs on the Mixtape radio station and saw all the references to the past titles in the festival playlist.

I truly unconditionally love this series, and I can’t imagine my life without it, and I will forever be thankful to FH for always being the small but very bright star in what can sometimes be a very dark life.

Anyway, after completing the story and finishing my emotional breakdown I unlocked the 599XX and realised there’s a new bug where if you do anything to your car, the headlights and windows will be pitch black in the thumbnail, so we’re back to business as usual with this series lmao.

But if you truly love something, or someone, you take it with the good as well as the bad, and I only criticise this game cause I want it to be better.

Anyway, sorry for this word vomit, I just had a lot of thoughts and feelings after this week regarding FH and wanted to let it all out, and thought this would be the best place to do it.

Thank you to everyone who read it, doesn’t matter if you read the first paragraph only or the whole thing, I still really appreciate it :)

And if you’re still here, remember to preorder and/or stream Taylor Swift’s new album Midnights, which comes out this Friday, the 21st of October! Love you all and piece!

Last edited:
<..> realised there’s a new bug where if you do anything to your car, the headlights and windows will be pitch black in the thumbnail, so we’re back to business as usual with this series lmao.
Actually the bug isn't new, it just only seems to hit certain cars. For example Golfs are particular likely to get it.

You can solve it very easily by simply repainting the car - that will cause the thumbnail to recreate and the lights will be back again.

So initially I was disappointed with the update, mainly the lack of new cars and just a few returning cars that should’ve been in FH5 from launch and had absolutely no reason to be excluded.

But I was excited to see the tribute to all previous games, cause apart from no cars, this update looked amazing, but I wasn’t expecting anything groundbreaking.

So you can imagine my surprise when I started the Horizon Origins story without thinking much, and then I was bawling my eyes out at the end of it.

I already started getting emotional during the first few chapters, but when the FH2 initial drive started, tears started rolling, and when the FH4 one started I completely lost it.

FH2 was not just my first FH game, but also my first ever game for my first ever console, so it always has and always will hold a special place in my heart.

FH4 was such a big part of my life for 3 really monumental years in my life, during last years of uni, during my first relationship and of course during the pandemic, and I will always cherish it and everything to do with it.

This sounds so stupid, but FH is such a big part of my life, and I didn’t realise it until I played the Horizon Origins story, heard the iconic songs on the Mixtape radio station and saw all the references to the past titles in the festival playlist.

I truly unconditionally love this series, and I can’t imagine my life without it, and I will forever be thankful to FH for always being the small but very bright star in what can sometimes be a very dark life.

Anyway, after completing the story and finishing my emotional breakdown I unlocked the 599XX and realised there’s a new bug where if you do anything to your car, the headlights and windows will be pitch black in the thumbnail, so we’re back to business as usual with this series lmao.

But if you truly love something, or someone, you take it with the good as well as the bad, and I only criticise this game cause I want it to be better.

Anyway, sorry for this word vomit, I just had a lot of thoughts and feelings after this week regarding FH and wanted to let it all out, and thought this would be the best place to do it.

Thank you to everyone who read it, doesn’t matter if you read the first paragraph only or the whole thing, I still really appreciate it :)

And if you’re still here, remember to preorder and/or stream Taylor Swift’s new album Midnights, which comes out this Friday, the 21st of October! Love you all and piece!
I can't decide what's more wholesome. This comment, or Scotty's commentary at the end of the last chapter in Horizon Origins.

I completely agree that this is a beautiful update. It was such a fantastic nostalgia ride for those of us who love this series so much. I think the moment Sunrise - Fred V & Grafix came on was the moment I couldn't hold it all in anymore. What a beautiful tribute to 10 years of this amazing franchise.

The Horizon 1 chapter made me emotional. The remastered intro made me emotional. But it was seeing the remastered FH1 Outpost that really did it for me. I am being sincere when I say that I shed a couple of tears when I came across the Outpost in the canyon.

So these new body kits, are they here yet? If so, what cars are they on?
Unless you're talking about the kits added to the Veloster N/2010 Golf R last update - the "new" bodykits aren't due until next update.
On the coming soon screen in the festival playlist for next update, the icon says "Rocket Bunny Body Kits"

These could all just be the missing 21 Rocket Bunny kits from FH4. Or just a few of those 21 - some people are already speculating that these could/will be drip fed to use over multiple series through the festival playlist (or just in updates)

There could be New to Forza Rocket Bunny kits - there's been plenty of new kits Greddy/Rocket Bunny have designed since 2018, but all just speculation at this point.

Back