Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Is there a reason the game defaults me to start in the hotwheels zone? It’s really annoying. Any way to make it stop?
Once back in Mexico, we will visit houses and other sites outside of the main festival site.
Then press Y to set that house as your home.
If you want to re-set the home at the festival site, go to the festival site, and press Y again to re-set the home.

Currently, the home setting function does not function properly at the festival site immediately after returning to Mexico from the HW map, so this procedure although tedious is necessary.

This is such a bittersweet celebration for me. I'm being hit with all of the factors that made FH1, IMHO, one of the finest racing games of all time, while knowing we won't get those elements again. Memorable opponents / villains (just generic Drivatars now), starting in a crappy Corrado (gotta get COOL cars flung at you immediately)... It feels like a band that's fallen off doing a throwback tour of their breakout hits.

This is such a bittersweet celebration for me. I'm being hit with all of the factors that made FH1, IMHO, one of the finest racing games of all time, while knowing we won't get those elements again. Memorable opponents / villains (just generic Drivatars now), starting in a crappy Corrado (gotta get COOL cars flung at you immediately)... It feels like a band that's fallen off doing a throwback tour of their breakout hits.
I dunno... I'm playing through it right now and you ditch the Corrado pretty quickly early on. Once you discover street races money ceases to be much of an issue and they even fling a cool car at you after each set of races. I wouldn't even say the characters have Grid Legends or even TDU2 levels of characterisation outside of brief cut scenes. What I do like is that the scriptwriters have done a lot of work to flesh them out behind the scenes via DJ patter and radio interviews.

Last edited:
d8690eed-fbc0-4364-931b-95ed4eadd3e7.png

Wha-hey my 'Eat More Chips' car is on the recommended designs page. Not bad for someone whose designs are basic by nature. Dead chuffed.

I reinstalled this on pc yesterday, ran badly, poor fps and stuttering when moving across the map, last time I played it months ago it ran great.

You need to make sure to enable cache mounting and be aware of that this cache gets created while you drive around for the first time in areas so it will stutter here and there but then when the map data is cached its fine. And i get great fps on my older system so idk about your poor fps.

Last edited:
Completing today’s Daily Forzathon Challenge “Horizon Legacy” was way too much work for one lousy point. The challenge is “Complete a Horizon Open Race in the 2013 Dodge Viper GTS.” The problem is that the Custom Racing lobby doesn’t count. But you don’t learn that until you’ve run a race there, which explains why everyone in S1 Road Racing is in a 2013 Dodge Viper. You have to use the Open Racing lobby, and just wait for an S1 Road Racing lobby to come up. After 20 tries and getting only S2, A, and B lobbies, I finally got desperate and took the first S1 class lobby that popped up: Off-Road. I slipped and slid around for three races before I quit out and got the completion notice.

Last edited:
The problem is that the Custom Racing lobby doesn’t count. But you don’t learn that until you’ve run a race there, which explains why everyone in S1 Road Racing is in a 2013 Dodge Viper.
It is bizarre that they apparently class them as separate. I got lucky with the open lobby after my third try and got S1 Road Racing (and won it overall, a rarity for me), but I can imagine the 'RNG' will just get people to not even bother after a few goes.

As an aside, does anyone know if the Anniversary Edition counted for completion of the challenge or was it only doable in a vanilla Viper? I used the regular one since I know they're very specific with their wording on this sort of thing, but about half of the field I was against were using the AE. I can't help thinking that was more to do with trying to do the challenge rather than just using it because it happens to be a good car.

completing today’s Daily Forzathon Challenge “Horizon Legacy” was way too much work for one lousy point. The challenge is “Complete a Horizon Open Race in the 2013 Dodge Viper GTS.” The problem is that the Custom Racing lobby doesn’t count. But you don’t learn that until you’ve run a race there, which explains why everyone in S1 Road Racing is in a 2013 Dodge Viper. You have to use the Open Racing lobby, and just wait for an S1 Road Racing lobby to come up. After 20 tries and getting only S2, A, and B lobbies, I finally got desperate and took the first S1 class lobby that popped up: Off-Road. I slipped and slid around for three races before I quit out and got the completion notice.
Not to twist the knife, but you only need to do any one race.

Also I had the same problem. After about 45 minutes I detuned the Viper to A and an S1 road race immediately popped up, which made me swear, but the next was an A class cross county event which I bizarrely won among all the other A class Vipers...

The remade intro of FH2 is indeed beautifully made.

Now why can't we even drive the Vanquish clearly displayed on our faces? They have the AML license.... so I guess it was deleted for no reason whatsoever.

eda4b980-8d68-44f3-a84e-76c8c881eccd.png

This makes my avatar look even more like Timmy Mallet, he's only got Mallets Mallet in his hands lol.

For my non UK based friends Timmy Mallet was a 1980's early morning kids TV presenter. Google him, it'll be an experience for you 😂😂😂.

Back