Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
I've been thinking and seeing as FH6 is likely to be released on this generation of machines only I'd like to see it based in South Africa.

You have Johannesburg for example as the city, so much open and varied countryside for exploring and X-Country, beautiful coastlines and we've not been to Africa yet in the series. I really do think it could be a fantastic entry to the series. Don't get me wrong I think Japan could be good also, but I'd love an African setting.
If that happened, I would hope PGG would do a better job of including local domestic market icons/curiosities than they have with FH5.

unnamed-1024x686.jpeg

BMW333i_RBP2367_1024x1024@2x.png

2009-187327-vw-citi-golf-mk1-limited-edition1.jpg

I wish Don was back. I mean I haven't been tuned into Timeless a lot but not having him is a crime.

I guess Don didn't like Mexico because he probably traveled the States and couldn't take the border patrol's extreme security protocol. So he would be refused entry to Mexico, regardless.

Regarding South Africa as a location - gimme it. Why PG hasn't selected Africa is just missed potential.

This may come as a shock to many of you, but it turns out that Don Thompson in fact traveled to Mexico to do some prospecting in advance. He realized he was rich after finding out that the exchange rate is about 22 pesos to the British pound! He promptly retired with dear Mrs Thompson and rumor has it that they run a charming hostel on some virgin beach off the Pacific coast...

Last edited:
This may come as a shock to many of you, but it turns out that Don Thompson in fact traveled to Mexico to do some prospecting in advance. He realized he was rich after finding out that the exchange rate is about 22 pesos to the British pound! He promptly retired with dear Mrs Thompson and rumor has it that they run a charming hostel on some virgin beach off the Pacific coast...
Considering the way the pound's been plummeting recently, I really feel for the Mexicans if that's the case. Luckily, the Thompsons are Australian.

Last edited:
Isn't Don Thompson British? I think I've heard about it, at least from a radio file from FH4's Fortune Island.
Regarding the currency fallout, wasn't that something about the Australian dollar being volatile? I remember this being a factor on why the Aussie auto industry collapsed.

Isn't Don Thompson British? I think I've heard about it, at least from a radio file from FH4's Fortune Island.
Regarding the currency fallout, wasn't that something about the Australian dollar being volatile? I remember this being a factor on why the Aussie auto industry collapsed.
Richard Grieve who voices the mighty Don is an Australian by birth I think.

Well luckily my game has not crashed for me so far (except that one time I tried to jump off a dangersign in a Venom F5) and I'm usually on the Series S.
Your mileage might vary by console.

Well luckily my game has not crashed for me so far (except that one time I tried to jump off a dangersign in a Venom F5) and I'm usually on the Series S.
Your mileage might vary by console.
I know I'm tempting fate by posting this and I really hope it doesn't come back to bite me. I've only had the game crash twice on me since it launched last year. As far as I remember both times were inconsequential, I was just messing about on the map. I'm on Series X.

Is the Horizon anniversary story with the Corrado bugged? When I try to retry at the end, I just get to a black screen and nothing happens

I'm having a hard time triggering the Bucket List daily challenge. "Maintain a speed of 70mph (113km/h) in a stock 1965 Mini Cooper S for 15 seconds". I stripped all the mods off my Mini Cooper S and headed off to the highway but it didn't trigger even after doing the speed zone at an average of 75mph. Do they mean you have to maintain a speed of exactly 70? That's hard with triggers even in a manual car. Do you have to adjust the gearing? Also I didn't remove my paint job? Surely they don't mean you need a stock paint job as well.

Did anyone else have trouble getting this one?

I'm having a hard time triggering the Bucket List daily challenge. "Maintain a speed of 70mph (113km/h) in a stock 1965 Mini Cooper S for 15 seconds". I stripped all the mods off my Mini Cooper S and headed off to the highway but it didn't trigger even after doing the speed zone at an average of 75mph. Do they mean you have to maintain a speed of exactly 70? That's hard with triggers even in a manual car. Do you have to adjust the gearing? Also I didn't remove my paint job? Surely they don't mean you need a stock paint job as well.

I haven't gotten it either. It's almost impossible to hold a steady speed for 15 seconds, especially with a controller.

I did it in my first try, I put the stock Mini on the highway going west to east. With the trigger I use my middle knuckle (never the fingertip) and squeeze until I reach 113-114 kph (70 mph) which is at the top of 3rd gear and held it for 15 seconds.

Last edited:
I did it in my first try, I put the stock Mini on the highway going west to east. With the trigger I use my middle knuckle (never the fingertip) and squeeze until I reach 113-114 kph (70 mph) which is at the top of 3rd gear and held it for 15 seconds.
I only just managed to do this in an auto car but the knuckle trick worked.

Last edited:
I don't remember what I did, but I just took a stock car and drove it to redline and got the challenge done with no troubles

I was wondering if there's any easier way to discover liveries and user created content other than using the in game search functions? I looked around and didn't seem to find anything. Out of curiosity, if I were to make a website for searching and sharing liveries and stuff, is there a large interest for it?

I don't remember what I did, but I just took a stock car and drove it to redline and got the challenge done with no troubles

Yep, same - I got in a stock Mini Cooper at the main festival, then drove it south flat out, and the challenge unlocked by the time I got to the highway doing about 95mph. Presumably it's yet another one that's slightly broken for some people.

Yeah, I just kept accelerating past 70 and it worked for me... is bizarre how the daily challenges seem to get bugged the most.

No problem with the Bucket list daily. Just driving above 70 did it for me. But than my Xbones didn't have much problems (if any) since December 3rd.

Yep, same - I got in a stock Mini Cooper at the main festival, then drove it south flat out, and the challenge unlocked by the time I got to the highway doing about 95mph. Presumably it's yet another one that's slightly broken for some people.
This is what I did too originally. After driving down the highway twice I decided to check with you guys. Guess it is broken for a few people.

Looking on a few different sites it seems if your Mini is painted and not stock red that can affect the objective also.

Latest Posts

Back