Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments

What better way to do in a Forza tie-in than doing a Thrustmaster ad while playing Gran Turismo. These guys are ****ing idiots and I already hate whatever they're going to bring to the game.

Same. Hated them in Dirt 5, gonna hate them in FH5 too. Plus the resources and time wasted on scanning and modeling a few of their modified cars that are just slightly modified versions of the ones we already have is the biggest reason why I already hate this update.

But I guess PGG got a nice fat paycheck from them which was the main drive for this collaboration, let's be real. Anyway, unless this update also includes some heavyweights like the new Countach and the Sian together with the DM cars, then they can keep it and I will skip it.

Last edited:
But I guess PGG got a nice fat paycheck from them which was the main drive for this collaboration, let's be real.
Seriously. Do you actually believe that DM can give a nice fat paycheck to PGG just to be featured in a Horizon story? Not to mention the fact that despite the fat check they will get just a small part in a game that is already a year old.

Anyway I'm going to miss these new intros so much when the next series start. 😥

What better way to do in a Forza tie-in than doing a Thrustmaster ad while playing Gran Turismo. These guys are ****ing idiots and I already hate whatever they're going to bring to the game.

bruh they alr did thrustmaster ad with forza before that vid.... can u just not overhate and try to moving on? tbh i hate top gear collab in fh4 than dm.

Last edited:
i don't see the problem, t128 also for pc and xbox too
"The list of compatible games on PlayStation and PC is updated regularly on the Thrustmaster technical support website.". That is from the official site. T128 I thought it's not available for XBox too.

Same. Hated them in Dirt 5, gonna hate them in FH5 too. Plus the resources and time wasted on scanning and modeling a few of their modified cars that are just slightly modified versions of the ones we already have is the biggest reason why I already hate this update.

But I guess PGG got a nice fat paycheck from them which was the main drive for this collaboration, let's be real. Anyway, unless this update also includes some heavyweights like the new Countach and the Sian together with the DM cars, then they can keep it and I will skip it.

I remember them saying that their face got scanned too. I don't think they have budget to pay PGG though. Most likely the opposite.

Definitely. I've really enjoyed them all so far. I was playing last night whilst listening to Crowded House Greatest Hits. Reliving FH3 with a great Aussie band, it's Nick Cave tonight.
I always thought Crowded House was from New Zealand, but only their lead vocalist (who was in Split Enz who are all from New Zealand) is.

67e8c5fd-1033-4d27-8823-baae91c8ad57.png
f63cd127-6b9f-4ac7-805b-4e6c363f4725.png
c13e4f80-0a94-4aa4-a99d-66572a97fcaf.png

The Cheese Wagon is triumphant!!!! My road tune on it is very squirrelly so it was a handful off road, but betting on cheese will never let you down 😂😂

bruh they alr did thrustmaster ad with forza before that vid.... can u just not overhate and try to moving on? tbh i hate top gear collab in fh4 than dm.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. The fact they've done an ad with Forza before doesn't change mine. They're annoying idiots, I don't like their content and I'm not looking forward to them being added to the game.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. The fact they've done an ad with Forza before doesn't change mine. They're annoying idiots, I don't like their content and I'm not looking forward to them being added to the game.
yea they're annoying but i'm enjoying their content just for entertainment. let's see which collab is a let down, fh5 dm or fh4 tg. I don't watch top gear after the trio left company and replaced with bunch of people that i didn't know and one of em are annoying af.

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd never heard of Donut Media until the original leaks of them being in FH5 appeared. I'm going into the next update still having not watched any of their output. This isn't for any particular reason, I've just haven't. Hence I'm going into the next series with an open mind.

Personally I loved the Top Gear DLC in FH4. Yes Jeremy, James and Richard were funny and until the currant line up of Chris, Freddie and Paddy the programme did dip in quality. I'd quite like to a Top Gear addition to the game, maybe road trip themed?

That event you mentioned - that was completely awful. Putting a line of GTS and Maloos - which are clearly unfit for dirt racing - for a three-race gauntlet is torturous. I've tried it and it was horrific. First I tried a rally build for the Maloo, and it was awful as it kept slidin' all over the place. Then I made modifications to my Sandman and it did okay (sort of) - but the worse gripe is the dreadful Drivatar AI.

Has there ever been worse AI than this? I have never seen this before in any previous Forza game I have ever played. How can the lead car (or two in my case) just rocket away and have perfect grip, while I am struggling? It's cheating, it's what it is.

I quit on my second race. Which is bad enough since there's a song locked behind it. I'm going to have to sit this one out.

That event you mentioned - that was completely awful. Putting a line of GTS and Maloos - which are clearly unfit for dirt racing - for a three-race gauntlet is torturous. I've tried it and it was horrific. First I tried a rally build for the Maloo, and it was awful as it kept slidin' all over the place. Then I made modifications to my Sandman and it did okay (sort of) - but the worse gripe is the dreadful Drivatar AI.

Has there ever been worse AI than this? I have never seen this before in any previous Forza game I have ever played. How can the lead car (or two in my case) just rocket away and have perfect grip, while I am struggling? It's cheating, it's what it is.

I quit on my second race. Which is bad enough since there's a song locked behind it. I'm going to have to sit this one out.
i use maloo with quantum jak's tune, it's pretty good and gassed the ai

Don't give up on that. I used a stock Maloo in the first race and came in 9th. I then gave it a rally build and finished third in the second race and first in the last race. I won the championship by four points. If you have a bad finish in the first race, the AI mixes it up by having cars finish in different orders in the following races to give you a fighting chance to win the championship.

I used Holden Monaro.
6.7 V8 diesel turbo, AWD conversion, front and rear Forza spoilers, off road tires and suspension, 10 speed transmission.

These upgrades may not be favored by purist muscle car enthusiasts, but with the right upgrades, vintage muscle cars are one of the best Dirt/CC-friendly categories in the game.

The key to tuning is to install fatter tires on the rear than the front and set the tire pressure around 1.8-1.9. And set the lower ride height.
Tires that are fatter at the rear than at the front prevent oversteer in gravel and always provide adequate traction.
And higher-than-preset air pressure settings provide adequate grip on tarmac, which is further aided by the lower ride height and downforce.

I made it 3 minutes in and turned it off.

"So, what we have here is this Challenger".

These guys are supposed know cars & got the name of the most iconic car in the franchise wrong off the bat....

You're 2 weeks away from a product highlighting your brand and you advertise another "competitor"... Imagine Max Verstappen going to an interview post race with a can of Monster in hand. Poor taste and honestly quite idiotic.
Why is it idiotic? Are they not just some YouTubers? Is it the same as all other influencers? The more exposure the better? I never bothered about them even when I played Dirt5 yet here I am searching what that brand has to offer because some really hate them.

This video is a month old but I only found out about it now, has it been posted here already? If so my apologies. If not, then this is a must watch IMO.

We all love the franchise but IMO all this critique from the video is very valid. In the beginning of the video he goes in-depth on all the issues of the races themselves (difficulty, AI, terrain, checkpoints, rewind, …) which are all on-point but I have not seen anyone mention them before.

Why is it idiotic? Are they not just some YouTubers? Is it the same as all other influencers? The more exposure the better? I never bothered about them even when I played Dirt5 yet here I am searching what that brand has to offer because some really hate them.
I like Donut Media, but the content has taken a big dip since Recurrent Ventures bought the channel.

Back