Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Fair one. I just used a stock one I had in the garage so not sure. Just firing out possible solutions.
I mentioned the paint job in my original post. If @Nacho Libre's tip didn't work I would have bought a Mini from the Autoshow to check.* I wonder whether people who changed the factory colour when buying were among those who had problems too.

*If the store bought one hadn't worked my next experiment would've been to drive nine times widdershins around the roundabout whilst chanting "so mote it be"...

Last edited:
I mentioned the paint job in my original post. If @Nacho Libre's tip didn't work I would have bought a Mini from the Autoshow to check.* I wonder whether people who changed the factory colour when buying were among those who had problems too.

*If the store bought one hadn't worked my next experiment would've been to drive nine times widdershins round the roundabout whilst chanting "so mote it be"...
Sorry bud missed that bit in your post......off to flog myself royally with some awfully sharp rose bushes as penance 😂😂

The first time I tried it I had to return my Mini back to stock. It was painted green but that was a factory color. Driving the length of the freeway at well over 70mph didn’t unlock it. I tried it again last night, same car, same color. I drove above 70mph along the beach on the west coast and got it immediately. I wonder if the hot fix changed the parameters from “maintain 70mph” to “maintain a speed above 70mph”.

Let me tell about the most peculiar bug I have encountered.

Today I played Eurocross, the weekly championship, and took on the Cathedral Circuit for the second round.

On the second lap I moved up to second place and as I approached the top AI I realized something: I had to go back to the front.
That this AI's position was dropping rapidly. At first I suspected a mistake in passing a checkpoint. However, this AI continued to race after that and continued to lead the race.
When I questioned this point and checked his ranking display again, I noticed this strange bug.
The AI's ranking display kept looping the numbers from 1 to 12, just like a roulette game.
Naturally, my ranking also kept looping around the first and second places accordingly.

I overtook him.
Will this show his rank correctly? The answer is no.
He kept repeating his 2nd to 12th place loop. And just like that he finished in 2nd place. However, his ranking display at that time was 12th.
Results reflected the correct position outcome. Him in 2nd place.

This is the first time I have encountered such a strange bug not only in the Forza series but also in various other racing games I have played.
What on earth could have caused this?

Forza Horizon 5 (150).png

Forza Horizon 5 (151).png
Forza Horizon 5 (152).png

Grrrrr... I just lost all of the new PR Stunts. Straight-up vanished from the map and no start points/gates/cameras/ramps in their locations.

Irritating as two are events this week and three are events in the season change I'm prepping an article for right now - and I'd just checked the jumps half an hour before with no shutdowns between then and their disappearance.

Had to manually shut the game down then reboot the console to get them back.

Let me tell about the most peculiar bug I have encountered.

Today I played Eurocross, the weekly championship, and took on the Cathedral Circuit for the second round.

On the second lap I moved up to second place and as I approached the top AI I realized something: I had to go back to the front.
That this AI's position was dropping rapidly. At first I suspected a mistake in passing a checkpoint. However, this AI continued to race after that and continued to lead the race.
When I questioned this point and checked his ranking display again, I noticed this strange bug.
The AI's ranking display kept looping the numbers from 1 to 12, just like a roulette game.
Naturally, my ranking also kept looping around the first and second places accordingly.

I overtook him.
Will this show his rank correctly? The answer is no.
He kept repeating his 2nd to 12th place loop. And just like that he finished in 2nd place. However, his ranking display at that time was 12th.
Results reflected the correct position outcome. Him in 2nd place.

This is the first time I have encountered such a strange bug not only in the Forza series but also in various other racing games I have played.
What on earth could have caused this?

It may be down to how Forza calculates race positions. They've always been pretty solid for me but that track is based around small, twisty roads that run below other roads that are also complex and compact. If the game is basing race position on distance from the next checkpoint (I don't know if this is how it's done or not) then there's a chance it's getting confused by all of the overlapping roads. Did the position change at the same points on each lap or did it just cycle constantly?

Last edited:
Somebody should start a thread for these...
It'll never catch on.
Talking of which, I couldn't find the TDU Solar Crown thread so here's an interview with KT's Alain Jarniou.

I kinda hate being forced to build a AWD A799 HSV GEN-FG GTS just to be competitive in the Aussie Rules! seasonal championship... On the other hand, it is an awesome build!

As for the Ranas Saltarinas (Jumping Frogs) danger sign, anything that hits close to 170 kph (105 mph) will clear the rocks and distance.

Last edited:
It's not super difficult but I've made an MX-5 build for the Ranas Saltarinas sign: 611 775 635

If you start your run here (westernmost formation, south side thereof) it's more or less straight and you'll clear the problematic rocks and easily hit the distance:
View attachment 1203949
Top job bud. Worked a treat, thank you.

I used a RX8 for the Mazda sign and the classic Celica with a 2JZ swap for the Airplane jump got three stars first tries on each.

It's not super difficult but I've made an MX-5 build for the Ranas Saltarinas sign: 611 775 635

If you start your run here (westernmost formation, south side thereof) it's more or less straight and you'll clear the problematic rocks and easily hit the distance:
View attachment 1203949

Excellent tune, was fun to pull off on the wheel. Thank you!

It may be down to how Forza calculates race positions. They've always been pretty solid for me but that track is based around small, twisty roads that run below other roads that are also complex and compact. If the game is basing race position on distance from the next checkpoint (I don't know if this is how it's done or not) then there's a chance it's getting confused by all of the overlapping roads. Did the position change at the same points on each lap or did it just cycle constantly?
I suspected it too, but he was the only one constantly affected by these bugs.
And another race I did at the Cathedral Circuit did not have these bugs.

If I had recorded a video I could have explained the situation in more detail, but I have not used the recording function much so I could only leave a screenshot. It's a shame.

Back