Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
6 Across - Ram Rebel TRX?
2 Down - Nissan Z? (Either the Donut Media 350Z or the new Nissan Z)
Their merch van is a Ram Van, could be that?

Attachments

• FVvebs4VUAAU8a4.jpg
    FVvebs4VUAAU8a4.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Another teaser image with Mitsubishi Starion?
Once would be a coincidence, but when the same car is used twice, it seems as if there is some intention behind this.
However, Starion is already in the game and is not an exclusive car.
Why are they highlighting the Starion so much in the teaser image for the next update?

Note: I have also looked into the relationship between Mitsubishi Starion/Chrysler Conquest and Donut Media. However, their project cars do not seem to include these vehicles.
And of course, Rocket Bunny has never made a body kit for these cars either.
I'm getting more and more confused.

Last edited:
Nobody mentioned "coming soon" possibly linking on left with "Dan 10" on right?
Dan Greenawalt? 🤔
Some news this week on Forza Motorsport Not8?
Total leap to a wild conclusion - release date in 10 weeks time...?
I would love that. Very hungry for FM crumbs.

10 weeks from now would be 2nd week of Jan 2023, which would be a couple of months before the slated "Spring 2023" date.

I think the next batch of news will be another trailer on the Game Awards (8th Dec 2022, iirc) because I don't see them announcing something significant like a release date on a random Forza Monthly. At the same time the second expansion probably will be announced at the same game awards and maybe release 1 or 2 months later (like they did for the hotwheels expansion).

They did say that Series 17 (March? 2023) would be something real special in the previous stream. I'm guessing that will be the time frame for expansion 2.

Anyone else having weird looking player names show up in game full of just a random set of characters?

1667349009659.png

I think when the person it was intended as a gift for doesn't take it, it just gets randomised but the message stays the same.
When you gift drop a car you are given a few choices; new player and horizon superstar are the two I know off the top of my head. There are four in total though.

I'm guessing Ray Tracing on pc, that they teased, is going to be the forzavista version but expanded to the open world with minor tweaks.

DF had made a good video about it, a while back.

This would bring it to parity with all the promotional trailers and screenshots in quality.

Hopefully this also means DLSS.

Last edited:
At the very least I'd love to see Ray Tracing enabled in Photomode. But the ability to enable Ray Tracing while driving would be a nice touch.

I would also love DLSS, I'm still using a 2080 on a 4K 144Hz monitor, and DLSS even in Performance mode would look better then the current resolution scaling options set to Balanced.

This is about the best I can do recreating the location of the YT featured image:

1667407098602.png

... and yes, that's a Jesko I'm driving. The vertical wing mirror stanchion looks like it could be an optical illusion caused by that third cactus up there.

This is about the best I can do recreating the location of the YT featured image:

View attachment 1205364

... and yes, that's a Jesko I'm driving. The vertical wing mirror stanchion looks like it could be an optical illusion caused by that third cactus up there.
It is definitely curious that the feature the Jesko and more prominently, the Starion. Both of which have been in previous games as well as FH5 from launch with no big changes (kits or new parts).

Also almost nothing from the white board from Torben Tuesday has given us any sort of clue (apart from the QR crossword). Difficult one for this week.

Jakexvx pointed it out in his video, that Series 15 (Dec/Christmas/New Year update) and 16 (Jan update) seem to have a left-right arrow indicating that they will be linked, and most likely will be bundled together in the Dec update like last year.

Also i still don't think its a Jesko tbh

Edit: Spent some more time looking at the board and noticed something (or am just blabbering out nonsense)

1667409978170.png

S14 (donut media) S15<->S16 (Dec/Christmas and Jan updates combined) S17 (something special was teased for Feb update) ??? ???? (C2b written next to it)

Now this is a HUGE leap, but right above the sticky notes is S7 c2a -1 -2.

S7 was the Cinco de Mayo update between April 28, 2022 to May 26, 2022 and mainly contained Ferraris (F8 Tributo and SF90 being new).
This S7 update was combined with the S8 update files (German Automotive Excellence with GT3 and RS4). This c2a could point to the fact that S7 was a combined update.
The 1 and 2 next to it could point to the fact that 1 month after S7 (i.e. during S8) we got the announcement for FH5's 1st expansion (Hot Wheels), and 2 months after the combined S7 update we got the expansion itself (end of S8, with S9 being Hot Wheels themed).
Maybe it means the C2b could be another such combined update right before the 2nd Expansion.

I see very little reason to hype an ordinary series update 3 to 4 months before release like S17, so it could mean that S17 is when we get either the expansion itself or an announcement for the 2nd expansion (meaning that the expansion could come out 2 months later in S19).

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone talking about this on official forums, etc., but what does the "CSM" next to "812 (or P12)" on the whiteboard refer to?

I thought it was a specific trim level or tuner, but it appears to be neither of those.
The one that fits the "xxM" in the crossword puzzle is probably also "CSM", so I'm pretty sure it's a word related to the next update...

I'm guessing Ray Tracing on pc, that they teased, is going to be the forzavista version but expanded to the open world with minor tweaks.

DF had made a good video about it, a while back.

This would bring it to parity with all the promotional trailers and screenshots in quality.

Hopefully this also means DLSS.

I really need both of them (RT and DLSS). My photo's will look soo much better with RT in photomode, can't wait.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone talking about this on official forums, etc., but what does the "CSM" next to "812 (or P12)" on the whiteboard refer to?

I thought it was a specific trim level or tuner, but it appears to be neither of those.
The one that fits the "xxM" in the crossword puzzle is probably also "CSM", so I'm pretty sure it's a word related to the next update...
I think it was Jakexvx who pointed it out in in his video.
Screenshot_20221103_082330.jpg

It says

[PR/P12/812] [CSM] ---- Car select(??)

CSM could be the Car Select Menu which they might be adding to PR stunts or something. Or maybe we are getting an overhaul for the car select menu to make it more intuitive (definitely needed).
As you said, It fits in __M. But it could also mean the Donut Media Ram van for merch as pointed out here

Their merch van is a Ram Van, could be that?

I have not seen a single mention of the Let's Go livestream that usually is scheduled right after the Forza Monthly stream. Very curious.

I have not seen a single mention of the Let's Go livestream that usually is scheduled right after the Forza Monthly stream. Very curious.
Sometimes they just put it all in one stream. It got very redundant anyway, with Forza Monthly revealing some bits of the new FH5 update and then being filled with not much else of interest, then on Let's Go they'd cover the rest of the update. As long as there is no Forza Motorsport news, there is no reason to have a separate Forza Monthly.

Back