Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,910 comments
Show me one person who even requested two Morris Travelers. Seriously. No one asked for them to return. And worse they're all D100 entries.

Sad
I actually quite like the Mini Traveller and I'm glad it's back. To each their own, they say.

I don't mind the return of the Morris Travelers, but when they're 2/4 of the exclusive cars for 1 whole series and more importantly - not related whatsoever to the theme of the series - then I can see why people on reddit are complaining a lot.

PG should have waited until the Donut Media cars they were considering scanning/adding were actually complete before implementing a Donut Media themed playlist.

Instead, splitting it out into two pieces of content seems that are probably going to be quite far apart in terms of release date is just going to annoy people. People who actually wanted the Donut Media cars now have to wait to get them down the track and feel like this update is a waste - while people who didn't want Donut Media cars now have to sit through a whole playlist of Donut Media knowing more is to come down the line.

Didn't PG say they wanted more cohesion and themes to their updates/playlists? This kinda goes against that.

TBH I do like those wooden wagons in FH4. They're fun to drive. Unfortunately they've been cut at launch up until now, which is really bad, considering they got the licenses for most of 'em.

TBH I do like those wooden wagons in FH4. They're fun to drive. Unfortunately they've been cut at launch up until now, which is really bad, considering they got the licenses for most of 'em.

Funny you have a change of heart after being shown that many of us don't mind having these back. As far as licensing goes, I'm pretty sure it doesn't carry over between games.

I'm frustrated, okay. I love Forza but stuff like that just irritates me. I don't have much confidence because I've read some comments off the Forza forums (and frankly I'll only use it for car voting from here on out).

Here's a much needed updated "Cars added to FH5 So Far (S14)" List:

1667508046780.png

Edit: Now color coded

Last edited:
I feel like the last two updates have been the inverse of the last 6 or so months (where we got only New and "new" cars to the game and no content).
Last two updates have been just all good content except new cars.

NVIDIA DLSS, AMD FSR and DirectX Ray Tracing Improvements in Forza Horizon 5

Boost your Forza Horizon 5 framerates on PC whilst maximising image quality by enabling NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution or AMD FSR 2. These resolution upscaling features are coming in the Donut Media series update available to download from the Microsoft Store and Steam on Tuesday, November 8.

In addition, we’re enhancing our DirectX Raytracing implementation on PC with two new presets: Ultra and Extreme, which render true-to-life reflections for the player car in Free Roam and Races, as well as realistic Drivatar reflections in Photo Mode. Ray tracing is also available in Forzavista as before.

We continually evaluate our tools and processes, and have introduced new security improvements to the PC version of Forza Horizon 5 to promote a healthy and secure gameplay experience for our community.

Q: What are the new graphical options for Forza Horizon 5 on PC?

In this update, we have refreshed the Video options to allow further customization and improvements to the anti-aliasing of the game.

Building on the positive reception for TAA, we’ve introduced two new technologies for temporal upscaling:

AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 2 | AMD

• We have incorporated AMD’s latest upscaling technology: FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.
  • In Performance mode it can construct a 4K rendered image from a 1080p frame buffer, allowing higher performance at higher resolutions.
  • This technology can be used on all PC graphics cards including AMD, NVIDIA and Intel.
Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) Super Resolution | NVIDIA

• We have incorporated NVIDIA’s DLSS Super Sampling technology, providing AI-powered resolution upscaling.
  • In Performance mode it will generate a 4K rendered image from a 1080p frame buffer, improving framerates at higher resolutions.
  • DLAA uses AI-powered technology to anti-alias a native resolution image at high quality.
  • DLSS Super Resolution is available on all NVIDIA RTX graphics cards.
Q: What improvements are available for ray tracing in Forza Horizon 5 on PC?

We have added two new settings for ray tracing quality. Ultra and Extreme settings allow player car reflections to be rendered in Free Roam and Races.

This also allows ray tracing to be enabled in Photo Mode for both the player vehicle and AI cars.

Q: What are the differences between each of the ray tracing options in Forza Horizon 5?

The Medium and High settings function as before, with ray tracing exclusively rendering in Forzavista.

Meanwhile, the Ultra and Extreme options expand ray tracing to Photo Mode, Free Roam and Races.

Some ray tracing settings and scenarios will render reflections at half resolution, while others render at full resolution. Please refer to the table below for the breakdown on a per-setting, per-scenario basis:

FH5_Chart_PCRayTracing_3840x2160_EN.jpg

Q: What PC hardware is required for an optimal ray tracing experience at Extreme settings in Forza Horizon 5?

Based on our testing, we recommend a setup that falls into our “Ideal” PC spec bucket, as shown below:

FH_5_PC_Specs_025f2c7202.jpg

Q: Where can I enable these new resolution upscaling features and enhanced ray tracing?

The new resolution scaling features have been added to the Video options submenu under the following categories:

Resolution Scaling

• AMD FidelityFX CAS
  • AMD FSR 2
  • NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution
Anti-Aliasing

• TAA
  • NVIDIA DLAA
  • FXAA
  • MSAA
Note: Like with TAA, a sharpness slider for DLSS Super Resolution, FSR 2 and CAS will appear below them if selected as the resolution upscaling technique.

The enhanced Ultra and Extreme ray tracing options can be found as the last tweakable setting in the Graphics submenu.

Q: I cannot enable NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution on Forza Horizon 5 PC. Why is this?

NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution is only available on PCs with NVIDIA RTX graphics cards.

If you are using an NVIDIA RTX graphics card and cannot enable NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution, please ensure you have updated to the latest version of Forza Horizon 5. You can check for any available updates on the Microsoft Store or Steam.

We also recommend updating your graphics card driver to the latest version. NVIDIA GPU owners can download drivers using NVIDIA GeForce Experience or through the NVIDIA website.

Q: I have an NVIDIA RTX 4000 series graphics card. Can I enable DLSS 3.0?

While we have nothing to share today regarding DLSS 3.0, the team looks forward to your feedback on the DLSS 2.4 implementation in Forza Horizon 5, which can be enabled on all NVIDIA RTX graphics cards to increase your performance at higher resolutions.

Last edited:
So would I. I guess I'll just do the bare minimum of 20 points, drive around a bit, and just shut off the game. It's going to be a rough couple of months. And will take a while for actual new cars to show up.

I know it was mentioned earlier - but why did PG tease expansion 2 this livestream?

Not a complaint - just genuinely curious because it's not like they gave us any sort of hint on what it is or anything. They could of easily waited until next livestream to give us a bit more info.

Perhaps a bit of damage control knowing a bit of the backlash they'd get for the Series 14 reward cars.

Random question, how is the Air Horn (car horn) unlocked?

I’ve never seen it in a playlist so I’m guessing it’s a Wheelspin reward 🤔

While you all wait to get some wood, don't forget there's another chance to get one of these this week...

20221011_133108.jpg

If anyone would be so kind as to do the plate for me, I'd be very grateful, but no biggie.

Another random speculation from yours truly;

We know these cars have been spotted in FH5, whether that be in Festival Playlist thumbnails, or trailers.

2010 Porsche Boxster S (987)Forza Horizon 5 Series 4 Update trailer
2012 Pagani HuayraForza Horizon Official Tiktok Post/Title Screen
2006 Koenigsegg CCXForza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels trailerBriefly seen at 0:36
2011 Lotus Evora SFestival Playlist ThumbnailSeries 10, Autumn "Canyon Fire" Danger Sign
2016 Aston Martin VulcanFestival Playlist ThumbnailSeries 12, Summer "Orange Track Mind" Seasonal Championship
2012 Aston Martin
Vanquish
Title ScreenSeries 13 title screen, replicating Forza Horizon 2 intro
1952 Hudson HornetFestival Playlist ThumbnailSeries 14, "D List" Seasonal Championship

Obviously they may never come to the game, much like the Jeep Grand Wagoneer in FH4's Fortune Island trailer, for example.

Buuut, don't you think that this list of cars would be a good basis for the Seasonal Rewards across Series 15/16?

Could these be little teases/hints put in by PG intentionally for a future update like S15/16?

Especially since these keep happening. It's not like it happened once and the community pointed it out and PG acknowledged it and haven't muffed up since. They still happen which makes me think it's almost intentional. In back to back to back Series nonetheless

But again, could just be person in charge of playlist photos not caring enough and no one vetting the photos.

Last edited:
Show me one person who even requested two Morris Travelers. Seriously. No one asked for them to return. And worse they're all D100 entries.

Sad
In the great words of AR12Gaming,

"The Morris Series 2 Traveller. A car so boring, everyone forgot it was in FH4."

Welp, that was easy. I'm glad they and the Ford Wagon are back as well.

Of course they are D100 cars, I don't know why you would have expected any differently for cars like that. I'm going to enjoy messing with them and the Ford.
Those kind of cars is why I top Forza over other common racers out like NFS. The amount of obscure cars you can't find (nor drive) anywhere else.

If they would have named it the “Doug DeMuro” update people would have been fine with the prize cars for this month.

I have no problem with the cars themselves, its just they just seem out of place with the theming of the series is all. I can't help thinking the series was meant to be themed something else, but the Donut deal came into play and they had to shuffle stuff around for it. Perhaps the Donut Media cars weren't modelled in time so the original, intended cars were put in their place as a stopgap.

I remember sometime after FH5 launch, if you participate on FH5 survey, they gave a questionaire that some of the questions pointing indirectly to what we have now as a donut story. I guess this is what comes out of it.

Back