Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,964 comments
Guess who is the dunce :dunce: that forgot to check its mailbox for the free Cupra and disbursed 2,000,000! Dunce of the Year!!!
I bought one and the free one arrived in my mailbox about 5 minutes later 😂 I built one for S1 and the other for S2, it's really quick! I wonder how it would fare against the ID.R if it was in the game 🤔...

Felt festive, bought a McLaren P1 and a Ferrari F40 just for the gift drops.

Wonder if I should blow more credits on gifts...

image.png

I feel like the game is kinda stuck in between wanting to keep the gamepass subscription model going, while at the same time not quite putting in enough resources to truly make it worth it. Whether it's because they want to keep more resources for the next game or it's restrictions from Microsoft, obviously we have no idea from the outside.

The playlist has been all over the place and sometimes feels hacked together from leftover bits. I think if they had more resources and planning for the playlists to have stronger themes it'd go a long way to make them more enjoyable. A change I'd like especially is for playlists to have focused car themes. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd really rather have a car theme than a Holidays theme. I love the holiday season but I don't see the point in a car game.

I think the game's biggest asset is the size and diversity of the car list and at times it seems like PG isn't really aware of it. There's a lot to be leveraged with a 500+ car list. The game could benefit massively just by highlighting the cars more, make them the focus of the game. And I think the playlist isn't doing a good enough job of that. If it did it'll probably alleviate a lot of the complaints people have about the game, by shifting the focus on the cars already in the game instead of making people only think about the next car drops.

At the moment you earn cars by doing a collection of nearly random events, and then cars just magically appear in your garage. You don't feel like you've "earned" the car since everything you did to get it was so random, and nothing "special" happens when you do unlock it. There's a pretty big disconnect between the grind and the reward, which in turn makes the cars feel less special and more like a random collectible. If the playlist did more to connect the grind and the reward with a strong theme it'd be a big improvement.

A "relatively" easy way to do it would be to turn playlists into mini campaigns IMO. Pick a theme; eg. hot hatches. First week in D class, then C, then B. Make people pick sides like they did with countries last year. All rewards cars are hot hatches, all events done with hot hatches. Make the rewards cars available at the festival site in Forzavista, even before the cars are unlocked. Maybe even throw in some voiceovers from guest stars like Jason Cammisa, Chris Harris, TGT trio, or even some smallers personalities so players learn about the cars. Make the cars feel special, instead of just another collectible to tick off a list.

Having a theme would also benefit creators in the game, since everyone's driving the same cars it'll be easier to highlight tunes, liveries and eventlabs.

This model would take a fair bit more planning to implement so I doubt we'd see anything like it in this game, but I hope the next game has a better thought out playlist model.

Generally agree with most of this, but there are some asterisks and things that make it tough.

I agree that they aren't really making the "games as a service" model work great if that's what they are going for, and I think the biggest part of it is that they are primarily relying on cars to do it, with the occasional holiday decorations and annoying "stories" here and there that amount to basically the same thing; random people telling you to do random things because... reasons, and you get a car at the end. From the prizes to the events to the "challenges" it all just feels like RNG making the game.

I think if they are really going make the game feel consistently engaging they need to also add routes and implement new game modes or race types in there too. Even simple things that ancient arcade racing games had like "knockout" style races where last place is dropped, or utilizing some of their EventLab modifier things for the power penalty races, bring back a mode with those weird races like FH3 multiplayer had where you earn both style points and finish points, and so on. How about an old OutRun style mode with a super long route that has some route choice in it? There are a ton of ideas they could use if they got a little creative.

Of course, the problem with all those ideas and many others is that the AI is just garbage to race against. Between wildly varying performances in-race, the weird "physics bubble" where they can crash through stuff without slowing down, and occasionally oddly scaled difficulty from race to race, all of those different kinds of races still wouldn't be much fun for more than one or two runs.

Multiplayer would be an obvious way to help avoid the AI issue, but unfortunately the multiplayer community has devolved into a bunch of douchebags spamming quick chats and horns while they ram you off the track, chasing away nearly all of the people that might actually be fun to race with.

I generally like the theme idea, but as mentioned above the game has a big playerbase and it's hard to please everyone. Using your example with the hatches, I don't really like them but don't mind racing them, and I find lower classes far more fun to drive in this game, so while I'd be fine with a C class hatch series followed by a B class hatch series, there are a bunch of others that would be like "I ain't drivin' no gotdang rice burner!" or whatever, and a bunch of supercar kiddies who think it was boring because they couldn't go 200mph, and so on. Overall it's a good idea though and assuming it doesn't end up as "RNG like before but this time we have 1 consistent division" then it would be an interesting way to highlight cars and divisions and hopefully make people develop an appreciation for some of them.

I think the easiest solution for them would be to just make a bunch more ways to earn points so we have more freedom. If they just want people playing the game, then why should they care whether we do their RNG championships or just make our own championship? Why should we only get points for doing the Horizon Tour (or whatever it's called) and not for the Eliminator?

Last edited:
I think it's funny how AMC has 5 cars modelled but they have never all been in the same game together. It is always either the Pacer or Gremlin missing.
Actually Forza Horizon 3 had the Gremlin and the Pacer. If the 2023 Dodge Hornet shows up in FH5 I'm hoping they will bring back the 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback that was one of my favorite cars from the James Bond car pack in FH4. Plus I hope the Barrett-Jackson Javelin shows up also since the one we have now is not fully modeled.

I do like the '23 Hornet, given the fact that it's the only SUV on offer with a limited-slip differental - something that would have been a GREAT news article on GTPlanet. Unfortunately, the new Hornet shares its architecture with the Alfa Tonale, and sadly we still have no sign of Alfa Romeo and the rest of the former FCA Italia cars.

If Dodge could get an injection of new cars they should consider the Redeye versions of the Hellcats, the Durango Hellcat, and some great icons like the 2003 Viper SRT-10 and to a lesser extent, the 2013 Dodge Dart GT.

Well, I am now seeing the Christmas decorations for the third time since the game released. The first time was last December, during Update 2's Holiday Update; of course, I am also seeing them now for Update 15's Holiday Update. However, there was also the glitch during Series 6 (Horizon Customs) that allowed me and other players to see the Christmas decorations around the map. That was obviously not intended by the developers, but it was an interesting thing to see.

1218354.jpg

Unpopular opinion:
If they are going to release another Christmas event next year and an exclusive car as a reward, it should not be new/recycled content that has nothing to do with Christmas, but a unique Holiday I would like to see a HE (Holiday Edition) model with Christmas-like decorations like the Nissan Leaf in the image.
This kind of decoration is especially good on vintage design models like the 59 Cadillac, 57 Bel Air, Beetle, Mini, and Ford Woodie.

I don't think these models will please everyone as much as Sian, but they will make us feel that they are more special rewards and also make for fun subjects in photo mode.

Last edited:
Seems like they reused a lot of old challenges and names like that Isetta weekly challenge.

That's been happening since FH4 - a very similar Eclipse weekly feels like it's shown up 2 or 3 times so far, to the point where I built a car for it. I get the impression that the challenges aren't downloaded from the server on startup, but are instead built into each update. A lack of flexibility like that would make it harder than you'd expect to add in new challenges, so reusing the images, names, and conditions of a previous one would save time. It's also worth noting that the challenges also always pick from a limited set with the variables changed, for example 'score X stars at Y type of PR stunt', 'paint X part of a car', 'spend X credits on upgrades for Y type of car', 'complete X races of type Y with a Z type of car' etc. I'm guessing it would require actual development time to add more types of conditions, so they're always 'remixes' of a fixed list of basic templates.

Plus I hope the Barrett-Jackson Javelin shows up also since the one we have now is not fully modeled.

I suspect that one was probably one of the racecars they've sold, so not necessarily a stand-in for the current AMX. I don't think they've sold many customised Javelins, and I don't know what the situation is with licensing brands that appear on a livery, so that could explain why it never showed up.

One of my biggest gripes has the been the lack of "Evolving World" implementation.

Before launch, Mike Brown touted their enhanced world building tools, and the fact that the world will change.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/forza-horizon-5-will-feature-an-evolving-world-4172141

And aside from the Ice Rink/Stunt Park - the changes have been incredibly minimal. They also only lasted 1 month.

We've gotten a couple of PR stunts, a few smashables and that's about it.

The big one for me is no new races/routes. Like all of the seasonal championships get so repetitive as you drive the same routes as you did at launch - same with Multiplayer. I thought that would change in FH5 - especially with Mike Brown literally stating that there would be new races post launch. But 1 year in, we've seen absolutely nothing in that regard.

I was also thinking the evolving world stuff could lead to small map expansions. Like even for example adding a small docks area on the coast for example, or a couple of new roads. Nada so far. So yeah after what was talked about pre-release - it's been incredibly disappointing seeing the lack of evolving world.
The most mind-blowing part of it all is that they have these advanced EventLab tools, fantastic routes created by the community, and they end up recycling the same handful of circuits every bloody week!! There are so many good, 'normal' routes on EventLab, just pick a few of those and sprinkle them through the championships, it's not that hard. I'm tired of Emerald Circuit PLEASE

What are all the EVs in this game so far?

2021 Audi RS E-Tron GT
2022 Cupra UrbanRebel Concept
2022 Extreme E (x10)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400
2018 Jaguar I-Pace
2020 Lotus Evija
1965 Mini Cooper S FE
2016 Nio EP9
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S WP
2019 Raesr Tachyon Speed
2019 Riman Concept 2
2020 Xpeng P7

Am I missing any?

Last edited:
Agreed that the developers should look into introducing more custom rulesets into the Playlist events/championships. Custom torque and gravity usage, along with custom routes, (often) don't play nice with the AI, but other rulesets like timed elimination already exist within EventLab (I should know, I made an event that uses it that PGG featured!) and could be used with existing routes and car classes with basically no issues*.

Speaking of EventLab's Rules of Play... I'm thinking I might finally get round to actually writing a guide for how to set up certain basic things using Rules of Play, like how to create a timer or get the current player count. Along with the common issues that pop up I'll try to cover the rulesets I use often, but is there anything people definitely want me to include?

*OK one issue, the elimination timer isn't paused when the game is, but I'm sure that's a limitation PGG could get around.

We should definitely get additional EVs hopefully in the next year, if licensing will allow it.

Potential EV appearances would be very much possible, but not limited to:
-BMW iX (don't like the fake grille and exterior design though)
-BMW i4
-Lucid Air
-The Rivian was mentioned and I want both the R1S and R1T.
-GMC Hummer EV
-Renault ZOE (call me crazy but small EVs are awesome and unconventional, something Forza needs)
-Any model of Tesla (Very unlikely considering the CEO is also the owner of a certain social media conglomerate and is burdened with controversies)
-The new Fiat 500e as well as its electric Abarth model (if and when licensing issues are resolved)
-Hyundai ioniq 5

Last edited:
Guys the new Lambo Sian shifts from 6 gear directly to 8 .. in real life sian has only 7 gears…Screw Forza devs giving only bugg cars … >u can watch the video below where it shows!! Spoiler

Last edited:
Guys the new Lambo Sian shifts from 6 gear directly to 8 .. in real life sian has only 7 gears…Screw Forza devs giving only bugg cars … >u can watch the video below where it shows!! Spoiler
Where exactly did you get a source? Nobody has the Sian Roadster yet, as far as I am concerned, unless if it was exploited. There's no way anyone got it early.

Where exactly did you get a source? Nobody has the Sian Roadster yet, as far as I am concerned, unless if it was exploited. There's no way anyone got it early.
You can't own it yet, but as it's in the game files it can be specified for use in EventLab. I assume there's also nefarious things one can get up to on PC also.

Last edited:
Bro u can try it in super seven ..only search sian!!
And the sian has buggy spoiler too it goes down after 130 mph which in real life isnt!!

Good idea. These micro EVs are fun on their own, but they would be even more fun content to add to the game when paired with fun events that use these vehicles, such as FH1's Manic Mini showcase.

EVs in the real world are not just for hypercars/high-performance concept cars and luxury cars. Adding these small and fun toys to the game would be a good attempt to add new fun to the game and more fans of this new category.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't want any more EVs. They suck because they barely make any noise and I turned off the music to enjoy the sound of the cars.

Guys the new Lambo Sian shifts from 6 gear directly to 8 .. in real life sian has only 7 gears…

Just looks like a bug with the dashboard art rather than anything that affects how it drives - yeah it's a lack of attention to detail but it's not really a game-breaker and may well be fixed, unlike for example cars that have had entirely the wrong transmission in them for more than a decade.

As for the wing dropping at 200km/h, are you sure there isn't any mode or situation in which the active aero decides to lower it for speed? The game tends to smudge various modes together into something that behaves best in all circumstances. For example, the Veyron both handles well with the wing up at low speeds, and manages to reach its advertised top speed with it down, despite the real-world mode switch requiring the driver to stop, turn off the car, and start it with a different key. The AMG One is the only car so far where the player actually has to stop and switch modes, and that feels like something where they've explicitly implemented the tech just to show off the transformation for AMG.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't want any more EVs. They suck because they barely make any noise and I turned off the music to enjoy the sound of the cars.

I'd agree, the EVs take away the engine sound, torque curve, and usually the gearing, which are two big factors to differentiate cars in the game. I could tell the difference between driving, say, a 911 Turbo and a 458 Speciale even if the model was replaced by a cardboard box, but I'd have no chance with the UrbanRebel and the Mach-E. Even something like the EP9 would just be a case of the dials going up faster.

The Fiesta GRC used in the FH4 showcase event was an R-class car.
Therefore, it is definitely a class that exists as data, but of course it is impossible for a user to build a car in this class.

Perhaps this Super7 card was created by a cheater, or some glitch or bug has occurred.

Last edited:
Back