Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,964 comments
I hope you reported this person.
I did not. What you don’t see in those photos are the dozen or so cars running around the festival outpost, chasing the float and bus, drag racing them, pausing for photo mode, and just having a great time. I appreciate your stance that “cheating is cheating”, but to me, reporting them would have been an unnecessary overreaction. What they were doing was harmless. People were having fun. It’s not my place to kill that fun.

Last edited:
So you haven't read anything I said. Gotcha.
Oh, I read it, it was basically trying to justify why cheating is ok in certain situations (it isn't in any sort of online environment) and then trying to blame PG for not getting to the issue faster.

If they don't know of a situation because it isn't reported, which you have stated you actively don't do, then they can't deal with the problem.

Yes, I understand it isn't completely on the player to police the game, but Forza is far too big for PGG to dedicate staff just to policing the game.

Oh, I read it, it was basically trying to justify why cheating is ok...

At no point did I say cheating is OK in all circumstances. If you actually cared to read you'll notice I made the distinction between something that's against the rules and something that's more subjectively "wrong." No, you probably shouldn't cheat to play with the silly vehicles, because that's against the rules. What I said is they are less of a problem (and personally, not my problem) than people who cheat for cash or race exploits. That's not advocating cheating. That's me making the argument that prioritization is kind of important.

...in certain situations (it isn't in any sort of online environment) and then trying to blame PG for not getting to the issue faster.

If they don't know of a situation because it isn't reported, which you have stated you actively don't do, then they can't deal with the problem.

Yes, I understand it isn't completely on the player to police the game, but Forza is far too big for PGG to dedicate staff just to policing the game.

The whole system of opening a ticket to report and deal with cheaters, as it stands, is utterly inefficient. It's not that I'm blaming PGG's moderation team for not doing their jobs faster, it's me pointing out they're working with a stacked deck to begin with. The system as it exists lets a lot of cheaters, high-priority or not, remain undetected or unaddressed for weeks, months, until the next wave, or whenever they can do anything at all. It's effectively a single moderation team for the game's entire player base. When was the last time the Rivals leaderboards were cleaned up?

They simply can't deal with problems in time. It's not only asinine that I have to open a ticket and submit uncontestable video evidence if I want my report to have a chance to be heard, but it doesn't address all of the forms of cheating that can't be recorded on video.

If I had to lay the blame at anyone, it's higher up the chain, at whatever executive level decided Forza's multiplayer servers should work the way they currently do, and have for several entries. It leaves the impression PGG or Microsoft in general doesn't take cheating seriously. Do they? Don't they? I don't know. All I know is right now, it sucks.

So no, I don't participate in player reporting. It's effectively a waste of time. Especially when I see something like what Populuxe described, which is arguably harming no-one.

Last edited:
Regarding cheating and Modding, I find it incredible that PG don't seem to have found a way to ban or get a certain Australian "Youtuber" peddling modded accounts to stop.

As someone who has earned everything in the game the hard way having to endure and complete weekly lacklustre playlists when sometimes I didn't really want to its a bit annoying that people can just catchup by just paying some scumbag on Ebay to get everything in 5 minutes.

Im sure eventually those accounts will be banned in time, Any account with little playtime but millions of wheelspins, Max money max level Etc... Has to be easy for PG to notice on their end.

The problem of banning said Youtuber would be the huge outcry it would lead to. I remember the last time that he was banned. All socials were spammed full of people saying "unban xxx". And most of the comments were not in a friendly or civil manner...

The problem of banning said Youtuber would be the huge outcry it would lead to. I remember the last time that he was banned. All socials were spammed full of people saying "unban xxx". And most of the comments were not in a friendly or civil manner...
That's a double edged sword. If they don't ban him, they are essentially allowing him to promote cheating and modding, but if they do it leads to the exact issue you mentioned due to all of his blind followers.

If it's the one I'm thinking of a lot of the info in his videoes is incorrect.

I think the other concern would be a lack of small attention to details, just as I have outlined plenty of times. Could we have gotten or opened a bugfest thread for this?

47871077-7171-4288-abfb-7c20f843fa03.png

Santa is a bit nose heavy, he needs more presents in the back......

c352ae5b-d9a1-4bf0-a437-bd48fd72994c.png

And loving this design........

Top work @Populuxe bud 👍

The "gaming rig" video presented by Tesla is a bit ironic.
The Steam menu that appears in the second half of their video shows one game all the way through. ...Yes, we all know the game that we are all looking at in this thread and that Tesla has left...

The "gaming rig" video presented by Tesla is a bit ironic.
The Steam menu that appears in the second half of their video shows one game all the way through. ...Yes, we all know the game that we are all looking at in this thread and that Tesla has left...

running Cyberpunk 2077 on a Tesla is the buggy-software equivalent of the old phrase "coals to Newcastle"

Question: Does anyone know where the Air Horn is unlocked?

When you click on it it says "Wheelspin or Forzathon Shop" like all locked items, however after 1000+ wheelspins in the past year I've not seen it once, let alone had a chance to win it.

I bet that the Nissan Z's release in FH5 is being saved for early 2023 in order to align with the actual release date/model year for it (even if it was released this fall)

Same might go with the Koenigsegg Gemera, if it were possible (no traces of it in the files), where it may be brought to Forza in 2024.

Last edited:
We certainly hope so. I actually made a personal wishlist before the game release and some of them actually got added to the game. Hopefully more to come in the future.

Aston Martin DBX/DBX 707
Aston Martin One-77
Aston Martin Valhalla
Aston Martin Valkyrie
Audi RS e-tron GT
Audi RS Q8
Audi RS5 (2018)
Audi RS6 Avant (2020)
Audi RS7 Sportback (2020)
Audi TT RS (2017)
Bentley Contiental GT (2019)
BMW M4 Coupe(G82)
BMW M8 Competition Coupe
BMW X6 M (2020)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C8)
DeLorean DMC-12
Ferrari 296 GTB
Ferrari 812 Competizione
Ferrari F8 Tributo
Ferrari Roma
Ferrari SF90 Stradale
Koenigsegg Gemera
Lamborghini Aventador SVJ
Lamborghini Huracan STO/Technica
Lamborghini Sián FKP 37
Lexus LC500/LC500h
Lotus Eletre
Lotus Emira
Lotus Evija
Maserati MC20
Mclaren 675LT
Mclaren 765LT
McLaren Artura
Mclaren GT
Mercedes-AMG A/CLA 45 S
Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
Mercedes-AMG One
Mercedes-AMG SL
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
NIO EP9
Nissan Z
Pininfarina Battista
Porsche 911 GT3 (992)
Porsche 911 Turbo S/GT3 RS (992)
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Toyota GR Corolla
Toyota GR Yaris
Toyota GR86/Subaru BRZ (2021)
Toyota Supra(A90)

I bet that the Nissan Z's release in FH5 is being saved for early 2023 in order to align with the actual release date/model year for it (even if it was released this fall)

Same might go with the Koenigsegg Gemera, if it were possible (no traces of it in the files), where it may be brought to Forza in 2024.

Are some of these PR stunts incredibly hard? The Speed Trap requirements for this season is ludicrous. 190 mph on a dirt road seems way too much to ask. Took a few tries to complete it.

Yup. I said as much in the season change article. Also posted a simple solution to the speed trap in the article's thread.
Honestly part of me misses the old format of the Seasonal PR Stunts where you needed a specific car or class. It at least gives it some form of challenge. As of late, this S2 Anything Goes stuff is really pushing it too far and I actually do not like this one bit.

If it weren't for the outcry, I'd have taken challenging over extremely hard, like the previous series' iteration of this season where there was a driftzone that required a million points.

I'd give my Year 1 review of the game by the end of the year, but it won't be pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly part of me misses the old format of the Seasonal PR Stunts where you needed a specific car or class. It at least gives it some form of challenge. As of late, this S2 Anything Goes stuff is really pushing it too far and I actually do not like this one bit.
I actually hated the specific brand/model ones, I felt like I spent more time going to the garage and building (and re-building if it didn't work the first time) than I did actually doing the "challenge" part of it. Part of that is because I'm on an old slow base model XB1, but if I'm going to make a couple of trips to the garage, I want cars that I actually want to drive when I'm done with those trips, not some missile build or AWD swapped monstrosity that I only use once for a challenge and then have to rebuild again into something I actually want to drive.

That being said though, I don't like this S2 nonsense either really, especially the Traiblazer and Speed Trap since they require off-roading and taking a super car off-roading at 200mph results in a lot of trial and error rewinding and luck with bounces.

As a whole this game is way too obsessed with fast things when basically everything about the game suits slower vehicles better. The AI is usually less cheat-y feeling at the highest difficulty, online racing is better since most people can control lower class cars better and don't bounce off each other as much, and they seem to have a bit more variety as more drive types and build styles are viable for general use. The only thing not so great about slower cars is that they benefit more from using the clutch making it more mandatory to be fast, and the clutch mechanic in the Forza games is absolute garbage.

I actually hated the specific brand/model ones, I felt like I spent more time going to the garage and building (and re-building if it didn't work the first time) than I did actually doing the "challenge" part of it. ... I want cars that I actually want to drive when I'm done with those trips, not some missile build or AWD swapped monstrosity that I only use once for a challenge and then have to rebuild again into something I actually want to drive.

The specific challenges worked well when they were doable with a stock car, and on that front I found it even quite enjoyable to occasionally have one that was more challenging due to the car being lower down its class (the Ariel Nomad was worst I think). The problem was that the difficulty would sometimes just spike intensely and mandate a tuned car, or even worse would restrict to a category where no stock cars even existed (like S1 900 Audi RS6 '03). Stuff like seriously exceeding the 3-star time for the city trailblazer in a B700 Volkswagen was hard even with a perfect tune, and basically impossible in anything stock.

I realise that part of the intent will be to encourage downloading of tunes and reward players who want to play it as 'tuners', but tuning for any sort of specific purpose gets less and less enjoyable in Horizon games as the upgrades get more generic. What's the fastest setup for an Audi S1? Somehow fit a 1200hp 2JZ engine, and keep the stock AWD. Okay, a Porsche 944? Well, add the 1200hp 2JZ, and convert to AWD. Something really left-field like a 1929 Mercedes? Step 1 is to put in a 1200hp 2JZ...

I actually hated the specific brand/model ones, I felt like I spent more time going to the garage and building (and re-building if it didn't work the first time) than I did actually doing the "challenge" part of it. Part of that is because I'm on an old slow base model XB1, but if I'm going to make a couple of trips to the garage, I want cars that I actually want to drive when I'm done with those trips, not some missile build or AWD swapped monstrosity that I only use once for a challenge and then have to rebuild again into something I actually want to drive.

That being said though, I don't like this S2 nonsense either really, especially the Traiblazer and Speed Trap since they require off-roading and taking a super car off-roading at 200mph results in a lot of trial and error rewinding and luck with bounces.

As a whole this game is way too obsessed with fast things when basically everything about the game suits slower vehicles better. The AI is usually less cheat-y feeling at the highest difficulty, online racing is better since most people can control lower class cars better and don't bounce off each other as much, and they seem to have a bit more variety as more drive types and build styles are viable for general use. The only thing not so great about slower cars is that they benefit more from using the clutch making it more mandatory to be fast, and the clutch mechanic in the Forza games is absolute garbage.
I agree 100% with that opinion.

I especially hated past PR stunts based on specific models and classes.
I wouldn't have hated the system if the goal was basically achievable if I were upgraded to that class, but the problem was that speedtrap and danger sign, were sometimes so difficult that needed a machine tuned specifically for that challenge.
This system caused an increase in unwanted cars and tunes that will never be used again, and I was also fed up with the added hassle of getting rid of them.

And I have the same opinion as you about S2 class PR stunts, especially trailblazer.
I can achieve them. But it's basically a rewind fest that keeps getting interrupted by random bounces and hateful trees and rocks, and it's not fun at all, it's just frustrating.

I mean it might work if you got a Hoonigan RS200 since it has practically been my go-to trailblazer winner and can be upgraded to S2. Same for ones with the dirt road speedtraps.

It’s taken me more than a year, but not only do I own every car, including the ’32 Ford FE and the OPI Ford GT, but every car has had its skill mastery tree completely unlocked. I have 672 cars (there are a small number of duplicates). I have earned 47,878 skill points, which averages just under 71.25 points spent on each car’s skill mastery tree.

It’s taken me more than a year, but not only do I own every car, including the ’32 Ford FE and the OPI Ford GT, but every car has had its skill mastery tree completely unlocked. I have 672 cars (there are a small number of duplicates). I have earned 47,878 skill points, which averages just under 71.25 points spent on each car’s skill mastery tree.
Top, top effort bud. The 32 Ford FE and OPI Ford GT are the only two cars I am missing. However, I am no where near filling every skill tree. That is a phenomenal effort.👍

How ironic, I decided just yesterday to attempt the same thing! Though I'm somewhat half-arsing it by not doing the consumable ones for event finishes, as a massive chunk of them wouldn't get used and I'd be spending points for no reason. I've already unlocked them all on my most used cars so it's just gonna be a process of whittling away at each of the manufacturers. Think I had about 550 points and that managed to get me through to the middle of Aston Martin.

It'll be a grind, but I'm almost at level 1000 in Horizon Open, all events complete, almost all accolades barring some of the online/community ones, finished Horizon Promo and own all the cars (with the exception of the OPI GT)... there's not much for me to really do in the game anymore apart from the weekly playlists, so why not give that a whirl? :P

Last edited:
Back