Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,964 comments
It’s taken me more than a year, but not only do I own every car, including the ’32 Ford FE and the OPI Ford GT, but every car has had its skill mastery tree completely unlocked. I have 672 cars (there are a small number of duplicates). I have earned 47,878 skill points, which averages just under 71.25 points spent on each car’s skill mastery tree.
Did you find a way to get the AMG-One FE or is that 100% unobtainable?

Unobtainable I believe. There's a theory that the AMG-One you use for the initial drive is the FE and therefore counted as a separate model internally (similar to the stock Beetle used in the Vocho story), but is identical to the normal car. Since Horizon Promo isn't available at the start and you'd never see that specific car again, it means it'll always be uncaptured. I'm not sure I believe it though, as I don't think its labelled as the FE when you pause during the opening.

Other theory is that its a leftover from the E3 demo gameplay, since it was specifically named as the FE in that presentation, but it's odd that they would leave it in Horizon Promo without ever bringing it up again.

Last edited:
Did you find a way to get the AMG-One FE or is that 100% unobtainable?
Sadly no, I don’t have it. It seems to me that if there really is no AMG One FE, then they would have removed it from the Horizon Promo by now. So maybe there’s a chance it's still coming. Maybe as part of Expansion 2?

Last edited:
When things get a bit stagnant in any game I'm playing, I find refreshing to just delete all my save files and start again. In this case, I'm replaying FH4 and FH5 from the start, now on the same base console (Series X), to better appreciate both their differences and strengths, and hopefully, to get fresh to the second FH5 expansion. Oh, and I sprinkle The Crew 2 game sessions in-between. Say what you will about that title, it does a couple of things better (drag racing, and arguably, drifting) and that huge, varied map.

I wish we had an option to start from scratch again in FH5/FH4 without deleting save files. Like a seperate game save or a New Game+ situation. Would be really refreshing to do so after working on the same save file for over a year.

Or even like a Ironman/Hardcore Ironman type mode like Old School Runescape. Sorta would be antithetical to Horizon but would still be very interesting how it would play out and if people would try it.

Sadly no, I don’t have it. It seems to me that if there really is no AMG One FE, then they would have removed it from the Horizon Promo by now. So maybe there’s a chance it's still coming. Maybe as part of Expansion 2?
It will probably not be included in expansion/any dlc.
If this car is added to the game, my guess is that it will be added to the game as a "super-rare exclusive", like the Ford Capri FE in FH4.

I wish we had an option to start from scratch again in FH5/FH4 without deleting save files. Like a seperate game save or a New Game+ situation. Would be really refreshing to do so after working on the same save file for over a year.

Or even like a Ironman/Hardcore Ironman type mode like Old School Runescape. Sorta would be antithetical to Horizon but would still be very interesting how it would play out and if people would try it.
I`ve done that since FM4 just by adding new accounts. All you need is another email-adress.. ;)

Forza leaked one more car, CCX on the right of Agera RS

Attachments

• IMG_4355.jpg
    IMG_4355.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 10
Forza leaked one more car, CCX on the right of Agera RS
Pretty sure it was also in the Trailer for the Hot Wheels expansion.
Plenty of cars have shown up in Promo images that haven't made it into the retail game. The Trailer for FH4's Fortune Island had 2 vehicles that never made their way into the game. And some pre-release press footage of FH4 had the P1 GTR, which also was never added to the game.

I think this is the only game I've played at length in '22 bar finishing Horizon 1 from scratch. A fair amount of Grid Legends and some Burnout Revenge were the only non Forza ones I touched.

Xbocky cheevos 2022.jpg

Looks like that strange glitch where a car's windows and headlights turned black on the menu thumbnail after you painted or tuned it has been fixed somehow. I repainted my RS3 another color and now it shows up looking like it should. Tried a bunch of other cars and it doesn't happen anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, went to adjust tire pressures on my 968 and it came right back. Oh well.

Last edited:
When things get a bit stagnant in any game I'm playing, I find refreshing to just delete all my save files and start again. In this case, I'm replaying FH4 and FH5 from the start, now on the same base console (Series X), to better appreciate both their differences and strengths, and hopefully, to get fresh to the second FH5 expansion.
I've been playing FH4 and FH5 in parallel since FH5's release due to having had no Xbox during the main lifespan of FH4 (I bought my Series X a few months before FH5 release). The differences are readily apparent when you are playing them together every week.

For me, the main differentiators are:
  • FH5 has slightly nicer driving physics. Particularly higher powered RWD cars feel more stable and controllable (which seems more realistic to me at least) in FH5.
  • The FH5 map is noticeably larger and more varied, which allows for longer and more interesting routes (however I don't feel that we have enough routes currently - there is so much untapped potential in the map compared to earlier games and Eventlab is really hit and miss to find good routes using the extra roads)
  • Visually FH5 has better lighting, much denser ground cover (for a more realistic look, particularly shading on ground cover gives the world a more solid feel). In addition, areas such as mud textures and even tarmac texture uniqueness are clearly better in FH5 than FH4. Every road looks more unique than they did in FH4.
  • On the other hand, as a Northern European I actually prefer the less varied but greener scenery in FH4. Cactus deserts are fun for a bit, but give me rolling fields and treescapes any day.
  • The seasons in FH4 are much more functional and interesting than FH5 - especially autumn and winter to contrast the greenness of spring and summer. Sure, they probably toned things down in FH5 because FH4's winter was not well liked online, but in the end I would prefer to have the snow than not.
  • In terms of race types, I much prefer road racing in FH5 due to the improved physics. Off road racing is similar in both (slightly better feel in FH5, but I prefer the dirt and trees tracks in FH4). Cross country just feels a bit weird in FH5 with too many silly jumps and boring cactus fields, so I definitely prefer FH4's cross country.
  • The drivatars are somewhat of a mixed bag. FH5 drivatars give you racing room better, so if you are closely racing them it's fun, however FH5 drivatars have a little too much rubber-banding and they launch a little too well. I'd prefer a more fair launch but slightly faster cornering skills like in FH4.

Still, there's absolutely no problem playing the two in parallel like this. Adjusting to the driving differences is easy, and being able to enjoy both maps adds variety and therefore longevity to the experience.

Last edited:
Anyone else's game freezing up and crashing a lot in console after races? Mine has started doing it badly since this season started.
I had this happen a couple of times after online races last season but this season since the update it's been fine. Offline races are no problem.

Have you tried switching to Horizon Solo for a day or so to see whether the problems go away? If so maybe it's a problem with the game's online component and MS could be working on it at their end.

I've been playing FH4 and FH5 in parallel since FH5's release due to having had no Xbox during the main lifespan of FH4 (I bought my Series X a few months before FH5 release). The differences are readily apparent when you are playing them together every week.

For me, the main differentiators are:
  • FH5 has slightly nicer driving physics. Particularly higher powered RWD cars feel more stable and controllable (which seems more realistic to me at least) in FH5.
  • The FH5 map is noticeably larger and more varied, which allows for longer and more interesting routes (however I don't feel that we have enough routes currently - there is so much untapped potential in the map compared to earlier games and Eventlab is really hit and miss to find good routes using the extra roads)
  • Visually FH5 has better lighting, much denser ground cover (for a more realistic look, particularly shading on ground cover gives the world a more solid feel). In addition, areas such as mud textures and even tarmac texture uniqueness are clearly better in FH5 than FH4. Every road looks more unique than they did in FH4.
  • On the other hand, as a Northern European I actually prefer the less varied but greener scenery in FH4. Cactus deserts are fun for a bit, but give me rolling fields and treescapes any day.
  • The seasons in FH4 are much more functional and interesting than FH5 - especially autumn and winter to contrast the greenness of spring and summer. Sure, they probably toned things down in FH5 because FH4's winter was not well liked online, but in the end I would prefer to have the snow than not.
  • In terms of race types, I much prefer road racing in FH5 due to the improved physics. Off road racing is similar in both (slightly better feel in FH5, but I prefer the dirt and trees tracks in FH4). Cross country just feels a bit weird in FH5 with too many silly jumps and boring cactus fields, so I definitely prefer FH4's cross country.
  • The drivatars are somewhat of a mixed bag. FH5 drivatars give you racing room better, so if you are closely racing them it's fun, however FH5 drivatars have a little too much rubber-banding and they launch a little too well. I'd prefer a more fair launch but slightly faster cornering skills like in FH4.

Still, there's absolutely no problem playing the two in parallel like this. Adjusting to the driving differences is easy, and being able to enjoy both maps adds variety and therefore longevity to the experience.
I couldn't agree more on all points!

Anyone else's game freezing up and crashing a lot in console after races? Mine has started doing it badly since this season started.
Oh yeah. Frozen, lost achievements & cars but my setups & designs was still stored. Lots of flickering screens + other weird stuff

I had this happen a couple of times after online races last season but this season since the update it's been fine. Offline races are no problem.

Have you tried switching to Horizon Solo for a day or so to see whether the problems go away? If so maybe it's a problem with the game's online component and MS could be working on it at their end.
I'll give that a try bud, thank you.👍
Oh yeah. Frozen, lost achievements & cars but my setups & designs was still stored. Lots of flickering screens + other weird stuff
I haven't lost anything yet thankfully. I'm getting some sound issues but they are minor stutters only.

Well I'm not running into major issues like game crashing on my Series S so far. I'll definitely be looking forward for the Limo tomorrow.

Speaking of Plymouth, will the Prowler ever get a chance to return, provided that licensing wouldn't be painful? It was in FM7 last and this pic is from FM6:
1671650318316.jpeg

Last edited:
1ea421c7-8d1c-4b70-8d7c-fbf6b73551a9.png

EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!! - New picture emerges of Santa Claus new transportation for Xmas 2022. Out go the Reindeer and in comes a Manx.

Edit: @CarbonDaimon that's the whole point mate. No more Reindeer poops falling on people's heads as Santa flies above them. Just a little bit of noxious exhaust fumes instead 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Back