Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
aight done, the president car

Attachments

• Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2022.12.23 - 00.25.01.11.png
    Forza Horizon 5 Screenshot 2022.12.23 - 00.25.01.11.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 10
I get that those of us on Xbox One are basically 2nd class citizens now so they don't care, but man the EventLab thing this week was rough. Definitely saw single digit FPS several times and it makes it feel like playing in slow motion in several spots, only for the framerate to suddenly spike up to close to normal for a second or two before slowing back down again.

Shame though as other than that and the stupid jump pad part, it seemed like it was actually a pretty cool track.

I get that those of us on Xbox One are basically 2nd class citizens now so they don't care, but man the EventLab thing this week was rough. Definitely saw single digit FPS several times and it makes it feel like playing in slow motion in several spots, only for the framerate to suddenly spike up to close to normal for a second or two before slowing back down again.
Do you have issues with any other games? I ask because I think issues like that are more of a hard drive streaming issue rather than the game not being optimised well. I play on Series X, but I do still have my launch day One hooked up in my room (mainly for Blu Ray/YouTube, but have some games installed including this), and the only real technical setback I've had when playing on there was with brief pauses every few seconds while travelling across the map at high speed. And the loading, but there's not a whole lot they could do there.

Digital Foundry did a video a few months ago showing some cross-gen stuff performing on a base One and they had the same issue as I did, but pointed out the problem was less frequent on a One S which they simply put down to the hard drive not being as old and worn out. PG do get a bad wrap for a lot of things, but I personally think their optimisation for last gen is probably one of the best examples I've seen.

That said, I've had the framerate tank from 60 to a wavering 20 - 30 on a couple of EventLab creations with a ton of effects and objects even on Series X, so I can believe the Xbone would struggle. As for the framerate spiking, that happens on Series X too; I think that's related to the servers playing catch up more than anything. For that, I have no defence. :lol:

Last edited:
Do you have issues with any other games? I ask because I think issues like that are more of a hard drive streaming issue rather than the game not being optimised well. I play on Series X, but I do still have my launch day One hooked up in my room (mainly for Blu Ray/YouTube, but have some games installed including this), and the only real technical setback I've had when playing on there was with brief pauses every few seconds while travelling across the map at high speed. And the loading, but there's not a whole lot they could do there.

Digital Foundry did a video a few months ago showing some cross-gen stuff performing on a base One and they had the same issue as I did, but pointed out the problem was less frequent on a One S which they simply put down to the hard drive not being as old and worn out. PG do get a bad wrap for a lot of things, but I personally think their optimisation for last gen is probably one of the best examples I've seen.

That said, I've had the framerate tank from 60 to a wavering 20 - 30 on a couple of EventLab creations with a ton of effects and objects even on Series X, so I can believe the Xbone would struggle. As for the framerate spiking, that happens on Series X too; I think that's related to the servers playing catch up more than anything. For that, I have no defence. :lol:
Only a few issues with games that are notoriously rough on console, like Conan Exiles having bad pop-in and occasionally a huge explosion on GTA slowing framerate a bit for a few seconds, or AC or PC2 with a full grid at a big track or whatever.

For FH5 the only issue I have seemingly randomly is sound stuttering every once in a while, the framerate issues are always related to EventLab things with tons of props. My guess is when (if?) PG playtest their featured ones they do it on PC or SX so they don't even know and probably don't care if it doesn't run smooth on XB1.

I'm pretty sure it's related to on-screen props because it runs the same throughout the lap, a few spots were extra bad and they were extra bad both laps, a few spots where it speeds up a bit, same spots lap after lap. The spike I mentioned was probably 3/4 of the way through the lap, a left-hander with dirt runoff where if you go in too hot you end up out wide and having to cut back to make it through the narrow gate/checkpoint, and I'm sure the FPS spiked back up near normal there because you are facing away from the rest of the track and have way less props on screen. Can't imagine what it would be like if we had AI on the track as well.

Last night I was in a party with a friend with an old XB1 too and they were complaining about the same thing while trying to do the EventLab.

You should try the EventLab thing this week on your old XB1 and see what it's like. If it wasn't just what I was stuck with, I'd maybe be able to look at it more favorably... I suppose it could be a kinda trippy experience, like racing in variable slowmotion or something.

As an Xbox One user, I agree with @Morbid65.
Not only this week's, but the event lab (and many other events) that PG chooses to use causes significant frame rate drops on Xbox One due to its large number of objects.

But even with its shortcomings, this week's event lab was one of the most creative and beautiful.
It has definitely become one of my favorites.

6 (2).png

6 (1).png

2 (70).jpg

2 (69).jpg

Curiously I started my Xbox a few hours ago and there definitely was a community post by Forza, a photo of the Sian, captioned "The community unlocked the Sian Roadster!". Just checked the game to try the car, but it isn't in the game/inbox and the post is nowhere to be found now.

You're a mean one, Mr. Playground...
View attachment 1218471

This man deals with hostage takers rather well this time of year. Let's send him around PG Towers......
He's already got a chauffeur. Argyle the limo driver can take him there in a souped up version of The Beast.

Maybe he can dangle Ralph Fulton over the side of the building with a firehose wrapped around him until he tells them to unlock the file.

Last edited:
So the Sián:

• The digital dash is in like 720p, like the one in the RS3
  • The digital dash goes from 6th to 8th for some reason
  • When the engine cover is removed in Forzavista, there’s no option for a closer look
  • The frunk only opens when you explode the car in Forzavista, no option to do it separately
  • Player character sits real low which makes the ass hang out from the bottom of the car :lol:
I know this is nitpicking and overall the car is amazing and I love it and I’m thankful that it’s finally here.

But you’d think the third highest requested car would have a bit more QA done to it, but it is what it is.

But these are all minor bugs so hopefully it’ll get patched, though the digital dash in the RS3 was never fixed…

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how fast FH5 loads up after I just installed my M2 NVME SSD I got a while back. I had FH5 installed on a regular HDD before so the initial load was excruciating, so I hope theres some improvement. I've upgraded to 32GB of faster Ram too so I dont want to see those disappearing glitchy parts of the maps when I take big jumps:lol:

Also would be lovely if PG made it so the game remembers what map we are on when we start the game up. Loading into HW everytime is getting old.

Next week more news about map dlc 2?
One would hope so, The game desperately needs new major content lets be honest. I got my fingers crossed for an Urban Environment DLC, As a huge rally fan I wouldn't be disappointed with an offroad themed DLC either.

So the Sián:

• The digital dash is in like 720p, like the one in the RS3
  • The digital dash goes from 6th to 8th for some reason
  • When the engine cover is removed in Forzavista, there’s no option for a closer look
  • The frunk only opens when you explode the car in Forzavista, no option to do it separately
  • Player character sits real low which makes the ass hang out from the bottom of the car :lol:
I know this is nitpicking and overall the car is amazing and I love it and I’m thankful that it’s finally here.

But you’d think the third highest requested car would have a bit more QA done to it, but it is what it is.

But these are all minor bugs so hopefully it’ll get patched, though the digital dash in the RS3 was never fixed…
Yeah these are quite annoying but I can guarantee you they will not be fixed. Also one thing about their digital dash, they're just done on the cheap. They had the proper Lambo typeface for the gear selector but not the rest of the car. It takes less than 2 minutes to simply scale the font and just paste it on there instead of the 2 or 3 generic ones they put on this car (and on about a lot of the modern ones too). It's a novice mistake, but what do I care, it was most likely outsourced though.

The RS3 (the new one) has the same problem, it's melted. Wonder how this even got past the approval process.

Looking forward to seeing how fast FH5 loads up after I just installed my M2 NVME SSD I got a while back. I had FH5 installed on a regular HDD before so the initial load was excruciating, so I hope theres some improvement. I've upgraded to 32GB of faster Ram too so I dont want to see those disappearing glitchy parts of the maps when I take big jumps:lol:

Also would be lovely if PG made it so the game remembers what map we are on when we start the game up. Loading into HW everytime is getting old.
You need to drive up to a residence on the main map and set it as your home, then you will no longer boot up into HW at the start.

So have they not announced anything regarding Forza Monthly? I know it still is the holidays and typically each stream starts on Thursday on the Spring Season of the game.

We do know it's called FORDzathon (in-name only, sadly).

I swear if these 5 other cars are the only ones available, I'll be sorely disappointed. I'm seriously hoping they at least "secretly" add a brand new Ford of some kind, otherwise this will be a waste of time. Maybe they're just keeping it under wraps.

What do you think guys, The screenshot with the voiture noire is true?
I just saw this video an im sharing this screenshot if its legit?
View attachment 1218881

Looks like a standard clickbait video mate. Someone has just dumped a lot of car stills in front of a barn (poorly done), with no supporting evidence for any of them. Unfortunately YouTube is full of these. I'd like to see some of these cars in game but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation for most of them.

Back