Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,981 comments
Both EventLabs are crazy good, but the real highlight is the second one this week.
1676574819613.png

1676574834833.png

Afaik you can still do that in event lab, by just setting start and finish close by.
You could. I havent played in over a year and this is what I was doing. You can even set up props like lights to create some nice reflections in game, that dont have to be mounted to any surface.

Took these in a fairly dark forest area and just had some lights hovering over in the sky:
51715324415_d94eaff6d2_b.jpg

51715324525_8b046a2ff0_b.jpg

Not terribly noticeable, but this next one was in a pitch black tunnel somewhere in the city at night:
51696329038_07185f44c1_b.jpg

While its not a replacement for toggling lighting and weather, its definitely a nice work around and better than what we've ever had available before these Event Lab Props.

Can anyone help me out with my vinyls accolades please? I need downloads, likes and uses please. I am slowly working through everyone on here I'm following in game.

Cheers.

I made a couple of Dutch Bros Coffee logos a few years ago in FH4 that I brought over to FH5.

I'm ykiki5 on Xbox.

Last edited:
I made a couple of Dutch Bros Coffee logos a few years ago in FH4 that I brought over to FH5.

I'm ykiki5 on Xbox.
I can only find your yellow Washington state license plate on your vinyls bud. I've had that on the sticker car for a while now.
9492b8bb-4661-42ab-8a3b-1cff28978460.png

Last edited:
We'll probably see a teaser for Series 18 this week or early next week.

Horizon Wilds is the theme - and we already know one car - the 2016 Hoonigan Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX as a Ken Block tribute.

Horizon Wilds Car Predictions:
1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1
2015 Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck
2016 Hoonigan Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX
1970 Hoonigan Volkswagen Baja Bug “Scumbug”
2004 Peugeot 206 RC
1980 Subaru BRAT GL

Some Other Possibilities:
2012 Bowler EXR-S
2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Shelby
1966 Hillman Imp
1974 Hoonigan Ford Bronco
2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Open Top
1967 Hurst Shifters Baja Boost
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
1979 Talbot Lotus Sunbeam
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2008 Volkswagen Touareg R50

Please Playground, would love to have this little beast back in Horizon after all these years!!

015094.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Torben Tuesday this Tuesday, so keep your eyes open for that

Anyways, my predictions for the car roster for next update:

-2016 Hoonigan Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX (confirmed to be coming, as stated above)
-1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport quattro S1
-2012 Bowler EXR S
-2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Open Top

And some maybe maybe ones:

-2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept
-2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car
-2014 Volkswagen Global RallyCross Beetle (this one would anger a lot of people)

Last edited:
-2014 Volkswagen Global RallyCross Beetle (this one would anger a lot of people)
It would be fine if, when they give us one of these beetles, it's actually able to hit the top of any class with stock engine. The one we have is basically unusable and iirc that one was also unusable in FH4. Those types of cars are the most annoying. We don't even get a regular newbeetle either, so it's a car I've basically never seen anyone but myself try and use.

I don't see the quattro happening.

Audi are extremely protective of that car's historic appearance (or at least have been since 2019) and what sort of customisation you can do to it. Even in recent games without a livery editor (but still selectable liveries) you can't change the design on it at all.

Given that every car in a Forza game is paintable, I can see Audi saying "no, you can't have this car in the game" which is probably why it's not made the jump from Forza Horizon 4.

Last edited:

Audi are extremely protective of that car's historic appearance (or at least have been since 2019) and what sort of customisation you can do to it. Even in recent games without a livery editor (but still selectable liveries) you can't change the design on it at all.

Given that every car in a Forza game is paintable, I can see Audi saying "no, you can't have this car in the game" which is probably why it's not made the jump from Forza Horizon 4.
You gotta appreciate the irony of a company that feels that painting an old race car in a game is a big deal for their image but still chose to cheat emissions tests.

There's still the possibility of seeing one new-to-Forza car in the next update. Maybe they could give us a 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor?
As for the rest... who knows. Could be FH4 returns. Except for the Audi, and it is a shame.

I could see them put one or two new cars in too. 2017 Crosstrek Desert maybe?

I also wouldn't count out the 2018 VW IDR even if it is more an asphalt car.

Last edited:
I could see them put one or two new cars in too. 2017 Crosstrek Desert maybe?

I also wouldn't count out the 2018 VW IDR even if it is more an asphalt car.
I'd forgotten about the IDR. The king of high speed down force in FH4.

Could this have anything to do with NFS unbound not having any Audis? I though it was a baffling omission, considering how they are pretty much in every single racing game out there.

I have this setting on High and do not see any edges on other cars. Either this is a fake post or something is broken.
It is not so clearly visible in all cars. Here, for example, other player's A7 with better rear fenders but still low poly elsewhere. Fuel cap reflections and that bumper seam.

h47JkDF.png

View attachment 1232771

Image posted of TorbenTuesday. There seems to be a clue in this one...?
I've done everything I can think of to the image and can't find anything hidden.

Best I can do is it's Farid Rueda's Lion mural, which hints at... Peugeot? Not particularly likely given the whole Stellantis-being-weird thing, but 🤷‍♀️

Latest Posts

Back